Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Ktab news and they spoke with one of the searchers who said they came very close to that area during the search, but it was getting dark. She said that if they had searched just a little bit further in that direction, she would have been found.

Still waiting on links from both news channels. The interview with Curtis Lloyd was very short. Just the comment about the blue warmups.

SA doesnt have any history of violence AFAIK.

You can read a book about polygraph reliabilty here. There are lots of things which could result in a false positive (and false negatives), which is why it is not admissable as evidence in court with consent from both parties.

Umm, didn't he tell BD he'd kill her & Hailey during an argument? I believe police were even called over that? If that's not violent, i don't know what is. :-/

Watching the interview with Curtis Loyd now and he just said that there were blue warmups found with the remains. He said that pretty much did it for him and he suspected it was Hailey since that is what she was reportedly wearing when she went missing.

Hi Frostess, what are warmups? Her pants? TIA

Just saw this.

Poor Hailey. Didn't even have a chance to grow up.

May whoever did this see justice...soon.

Why is it so often the last pic of the victim is the one that bothers me the most?

Travis Alexander in the shower before Jodi Arias killed him.

Hailey Dunn on the sofa, looking really unhappy at Christmas, with her Mom and SA.
That pic bothers me a lot!

So heartbreaking to log on this evening and read this news. :cry:

Rest in peace sweet Haley :rose:

Why is it so often the last pic of the victim is the one that bothers me the most?

Hailey Dunn on the sofa, looking really unhappy at Christmas, with her Mom and SA.

Its always bothered me too. She looks so disconnected. Her mom and SA are together, and Hailey looks alone to me. It makes me really, really sad and angry at the same time. But I have no desire to string anyone up, just see them go to jail and stay there.

Me, too. It says volumes. I just want to reach for Hailey's hand and remove her from that wretched situation. She looks so miserable. I wish she had never lived in that house.

Unfortunately, there are many kids like Hailey who live with unstable adults in unstable relationships. And I wish I could adopt them all.

Chilling tale of how close they really were to finding Hailey....MUST READ!

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=590752

Thanks. It is a MUST also to give these searchers big thanks for their devotion to finding Hailey. They gave us all hope during a very long wait.

Searchers Move Forward, Recall How Close They Were to Hailey
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=590752

"You do this for so long, as long as we've all done this. It's like it kind of puts an end to something. Now that we know this is her, there's nothing left to search anymore," said April Wehba, searcher." .......

and

....."But we've always had that hope that she would walk through the door, and we'd be able to hug her," said Terrye Newcomb, searcher."

snipped from linked article:

"Most people that are into stuff like that...they're more into it for the pleasure than actually doing any physical harm," she said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=346916
Search Crews Speak out about Child *advertiser censored* Discovery
By: Jessica Reyes
Updated: February 26, 2011

This quote was in response to child *advertiser censored*. Please tell me this was misquoted! Child *advertiser censored* IS physical harm! People don't really think otherwise, do they?

and Caylee Anthony on the video with her great grandpa just before her death made us all fall in love with that little girl and want to find her.

BBM

That pic bothers me too. I have a lot of pics where my kids look unhappy or sullen or bored...but not at Christmas. Usually expect to see an adolescent happy on that occasion at least.

BBM

That pic bothers me too. I have a lot of pics where my kids look unhappy or sullen or bored...but not at Christmas. Usually expect to see an adolescent happy on that occasion at least.

True, sometimes kids can look sullen or bored, but she almost looks like she is not being included in the twosome at all. It'd be more common to throw your arm around your child at Christmas when you're taking a pic or grab her hand. Nobody is touching Hailey and she looks so alone. Were there arguments going on between Hailey and Billie just before that pic was taken?

I'm fairly new to the forum, but have browsed as a guest before.

That said, the Hailey Dunn story has never crossed my path until now. It is stunning. And I have been sitting here reading back on what happened, watching videos. Keeping my lips zipped while patiently following the timeline here before saying anything that likely has no bearing. But honestly, I am so beyond heartbroken for her family and friends and this very tragic loss. Hailey is a beautiful little girl.

I truly believe there will be justice for her. I'm still catching up on the investigation (currently browsing through January 2011).

Just so heartbreaking.
Rest in peace sweet, beautiful Hailey.

snipped from linked article:

"Most people that are into stuff like that...they're more into it for the pleasure than actually doing any physical harm," she said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=346916
Search Crews Speak out about Child *advertiser censored* Discovery
By: Jessica Reyes
Updated: February 26, 2011

This quote was in response to child *advertiser censored*. Please tell me this was misquoted! Child *advertiser censored* IS physical harm! People don't really think otherwise, do they?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! Child *advertiser censored* + Jared Harrell= Somer Thompson, raped, strangled and found mutilated in a landfill.

Is anyone else as bothered by BJD coming out last month with her newfound suspicions as far as SA being involved in Hailey's disappearance?

So a body is found in Scurry County, obviously the speculation that it might be Hailey starts immediately due to proximity.

We all wait months to hear if it's her, and just a few weeks before it is announced, out pops BJD with this "epiphany" that maybe SA is involved.

Makes me wonder all the more if LE has quietly behind the scenes been renewing their investigation and following up on leads based on the body discovery. Maybe something in LE's actions or their questions in recent weeks has caused her to suspect this identification was coming and she decided to further disassociate from SA by coming out with that interview.

The timing bothers me.

The timing of BD's epiphany may be completely innocent and unrelated to the discovery/identification but in light of those things it is bound to cause suspicions and raise questions. I don't think that is unfair or unexpected. A man that she brought into her daughter's home is the main suspect in her murder. That alone is cause for concern but her staunch defense of and continued relationship with that same man did nothing to lessen the speculation about her role.

Billie was certainly entitled to stand by her man and proclaim his innocence but by doing so she opened herself up for the public to scrutinize and ultimately judge, it's human nature to do so and even more so when an innocent child is missing and at the center of it. I'm glad that she has changed her tune now but her motive for doing so is questionable. She has proven that she is willing to lie when it suits her purposes so it would be naive to believe that she has finally gotten her moral compass readjusted and has no ulterior motive for speaking up.

With all that said, I'm not sold on BD's guilt. There is no question that she is guilty of bad judgment, questionable parenting and a long list of other illegal behaviors (drugs, lying to LE, etc) but I will be shocked if her role in this goes beyond her being so wrapped up in herself that she had no idea what was going on in her own home. She will live with that knowledge and guilt for the rest of her life - which is far better than the price her daughter paid. I don't feel obligated to shed a tear for her or even pretend to hope that she will find peace one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993