Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know if I'm hoping it is or is not her.

One other thought. We have had severe drought conditions, many of the lakes are all but dried up. I am wondering if this Lake Thomas is down so low that it's lower level has helped this body being discovered....just a thought....wish we had more information.

And wow, I have never in my life seen them announce sex so quickly on severely decomposed remains. Heck I haven't seen them announce it that quickly on ones that have only been around for a month.

At this point and time I am not going to consider a post on FB a credible source. KWIM?

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing the vicinity of the Snyder hospital to county road 3236? It is only 18.8 miles.

Fingers crossed ... I don't want Hailey to be dead but if she is I want her found. In with a chance. Was the other body identified?

snyder-lakeThomas.jpg

3236.jpg

Disturbed earth and something looking like a grave I don't believe would jive with the amount of time Hailey has been missing.

With that said this was an area of interest.

ETA If the comments from the individual are one and the same place to clarify.

I live about 60 miles from this lake. I grew up swimming here as a kid and have had a close friend drown in this lake as well. Aside from that it is very dry here and this time of the year we get horrible wind storms. My dad grew up at this lake and his whole life has hunted arrowheads this time of year. Essentially the wind storms uncover arrowheads in dry fields and make them visible to the eye. He has a huge collection. My mind immediately thinks of this when thinking about the body found. The lake area is very dry and with the crazy high winds perhaps that unearthed the body. Interesting too bc my dad sprays weeds in this area and was here today and was all weekend. I hope we get answers. I think of Hailey OFTEN.

This winter has been very mild. We have had some very warm days and this is when we get out and start cleaning up after the winter months before it gets too hot! I wish we could get a little more info on exactly who found it, how they found it and where!

Since it has warmed up there os a bass fisherman at every available spot of water. Most likely a fisherman fishing in shallow waters may have spotted something. I hope it is our girl.

I live about 60 miles from this lake. I grew up swimming here as a kid and have had a close friend drown in this lake as well. Aside from that it is very dry here and this time of the year we get horrible wind storms. My dad grew up at this lake and his whole life has hunted arrowheads this time of year. Essentially the wind storms uncover arrowheads in dry fields and make them visible to the eye. He has a huge collection. My mind immediately thinks of this when thinking about the body found. The lake area is very dry and with the crazy high winds perhaps that unearthed the body. Interesting too bc my dad sprays weeds in this area and was here today and was all weekend. I hope we get answers. I think of Hailey OFTEN.

That's very interesting! I wonder if disturbed soil would be even more prone to winds?

I am curious why someone would chose a "destination" to leave her when there is so much open land around. Access? Familiarity worth the increased chance of discovery in the act or of the body?

I just read a post where this lady owned a home near lake Thomas, she was walking around and saw an area of disturbed land that looked like a grave, she said she reported it to the FBI but never heard from anyone. I guess they cant follow up on everyone that calls but one report said the body was buried.

Was the POI in that area ? I know they had a good idea of the whereabouts on the day Haley went missing..?

And wow, I have never in my life seen them announce sex so quickly on severely decomposed remains. Heck I haven't seen them announce it that quickly on ones that have only been around for a month.

A person who runs a Hailey page apparently has a PI on the case. Its been said that he phoned LE who supposedly gave him information that this could not be Hailey or the missing boy Mark. Now from that other people are going by what that admin said. LE have not said officially that this is NOT Hailey and my personal opinion is until LE state officially that its not Hailey or for that matter Mark either that no facebook admin should be telling people its not them as it can be giving false hope to people ;(

I would wonder how they would KNOW it was absolutely not Hailey or Mark. If they found girls clothing maybe they would say it was not mark, and vice versa. But counting them BOTH out seems odd, imo, since the remains are so decomposed. JMO

I'm going to put my impatience on hold for a while. I don't want to get my hopes up that there could be justice for her.

I read a post that someone said it was male, I dunno where that person go their info. I recall reading how they can tell some things by the shape of the teeth. It might be the race but im not sure does anyone know which it is, it was either the race or sex

I would wonder how they would KNOW it was absolutely not Hailey or Mark. If they found girls clothing maybe they would say it was not mark, and vice versa. But counting them BOTH out seems odd, imo, since the remains are so decomposed. JMO

Just had a thought...Hailey has been missing for 2 years and 3 months. More than likely her body would be skeletal remains by now. Wouldn't reports say "skeletal remains found" instead of decomposed body???

I read a post that someone said it was male, I dunno where that person go their info. I recall reading how they can tell some things by the shape of the teeth. It might be the race but im not sure does anyone know which it is, it was either the race or sex

I'm not sure about the teeth but have learned that identification of the sex of the body can be determined by the pelvic bones/pelvic girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk