Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Stats/Info
1st egg laid - 02/23/2011 5:33pm CST Hatched 04/02/2011
2nd egg laid - 02/26/2011 6:42pm CST Hatched 04/03/2011
3rd! egg laid - 03/02/2011 6:47pm CST

So the 3rd egg wasn't laid until 3.2.11 which means it's a week behind the first one. Maybe we won't see it hatch until later this week (if on schedule, it would hatch on 4.9.11)

Good place to read info on these cuties- also this forum has a lot of people that really know their stuff:
http://sportsmansparadiseonline.com/Decorah_Bald_Eagle_Nest.html

didn't I see somewhere upthread a "hatchling time table"? I want to say the last egg was laid a few days later than the other 2. Could be I imagined it. LOL

ETA I didn't imagine it!! or Chasing.Halos pulled it outta my befuddled brain one. =) Thank you CH!

If #1 is a female she may be the only surviving baby, i'm really hoping #1 is a boy :(

ETA: least year all 3 made it

Me too, hoping baby #1 is a boy. They do look similar in size to me which is a good thing.

This pic is an example of what a female and male look like side by side. There looks to be a big difference:

eaglets-in-nest.jpg

http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/eagle4.html

didn't I see somewhere upthread a "hatchling time table"? I want to say the last egg was laid a few days later than the other 2. Could be I imagined it. LOL

ETA I didn't imagine it!! or Chasing.Halos pulled it outta my befuddled brain one. =) Thank you CH!

You owe me a coke! :) lol, we posted at the exact same time.

LOL that was too funny!!! I'm glad you found the info. =)

The parents are so sweet together! I swear they were about to kiss. :innocent:

We have been watching these darlings since the eggs were laid. I didn't realize that there was a thread here at WS.

They seem to be very devoted parents and certainly seem adept at catching food (rabbit, crow, fish, and now a muskrat (I think))

We are also a bit worried about the 2nd chick. He/she seems weaker than the 1 st chick was. We call him/her 'Wrong Way' around here, cause he/she always seems to be pointing the other way whem Mom starts feeding them. LOL!

We have been watching these darlings since the eggs were laid. I didn't realize that there was a thread here at WS.

They seem to be very devoted parents and certainly seem adept at catching food (rabbit, crow, fish, and now a muskrat (I think))

We are also a bit worried about the 2nd chick. He/she seems weaker than the 1 st chick was. We call him/her 'Wrong Way' around here, cause he/she always seems to be pointing the other way whem Mom starts feeding them. LOL!

:welcome4: Paintr!! We've been having so much fun here watching this. I was so happy to find this WS thread for the eagles because I felt like I was probably driving my co-workers batty with constant updates :innocent:

I agree with you on baby #2 and lol @ Wrong Way (my kids named baby #2 Wobble Head and baby #1 Sassy Pants :giggle: ) I am worried about him/her-hoping that maybe today he/she will have more control. I keep reminding myself that he/she had the strength to get out of that shell which is hard work...

Is the tree moving or the camera? WOW it looks soooo windy there right now.

Baby number two may just be affected by the wind today...

we're under a wind warning around here 30-45mph gusts

:welcome4: Paintr!! We've been having so much fun here watching this. I was so happy to find this WS thread for the eagles because I felt like I was probably driving my co-workers batty with constant updates :innocent:

I agree with you on baby #2 and lol @ Wrong Way (my kids named baby #2 Wobble Head and baby #1 Sassy Pants :giggle: ) I am worried about him/her-hoping that maybe today he/she will have more control. I keep reminding myself that he/she had the strength to get out of that shell which is hard work...

Sassy Pants is a great name for #1 chich. They have already been in trouble. :floorlaugh:

Thank you kindly for the welcome! :) It is nice to see so many people who are interested. I also mentioned this at work only to get back a shrug and a 'So'. :banghead:

I've had to cut the sound down to barely audible. I'm on earbuds and the wind noise is insane. Poor Daddy. He's having to batten down the hatches!

Dad must be really trying to make up for yesterdays mistake! Bringing lots of food, and now taking over baby watch while mom is out!

Feeding Time!!!

Goodness that was quick. That was more like some cheerios to keep them quiet and tide them over til lunch .... lol

A few minutes ago, there was a quick feeding and baby #2 was the only one fed :) Sassy Pants (baby #1) did not get fed.

Really, these parents are so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member