Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

If indeed CM was behind this motion about competency, he has completely proven his value to this defense team. Jose seems to have been willing to roll with however ICA was behaving, saying, thinking, whatever. No lawyer has to do that, no competent defense would do that, either.

And all I can say besides WOW, is whoever interpreted Ashton's look as "OMG, OMG" at that sidebar was dead on. Could you imagine standing there and hearing JB and CM argue about this with each other then to the judge?

Since very few ( NOT sure about the exact numbers) defendants testify in their trials, I sincerely doubt that she will testify. She would make a terrible witness and even if she really wanted to testify I do not believe her attorneys would encourage it. Sorry folks- I just do not see it happening!

My take: the motion (had it been approved) would have justified to the jury why Casey did not take the stand. It would have provided the jury with a reason as to why she did not take the stand and avoid speculation on their point. Now that she is viewed as competent, she most likely will not take the stand any way.
As for evil face I think that was directed at CM not Jose. Maybe she was mad that he proposeed she was incompetent.

I was floored when I heard the news this morning. I never ever considered the possibility that ICA could be declared incompetent to stand trial. She has some issues, but she is not insane. However, I do not feel like this was just a last ditch effort by the DT. I feel that they must have some valid reason to be concerned over her competency. JP would have wanted reasons as to why the DT wanted her evaluated. Something must have happened; an outburst by ICA; maybe she insists on taking the stand; ...I have no idea. I would LOVE to find out what happens behind the scenes. But I do think CM (and JP) felt the evaluation was warranted.

I found another interesting article written by one of the weekend docs (Dr. Ryan C.W. Hall):

Hall RCW, Hall RCW: False Allegations: The Role of the Forensic Psychiatrist. Journal of Psychiatric Practice 7(5)343-346, September 2001. http://www.drryanhall.com/publications.htm

Dr. Hall has also written about characteristics of malingerers (KC always made up excuses that revolved around someone being sick or needing medical attention), pedophilia; characterisics of offenders (accusations against GA), elder and PTSD issues.

The first part in the motion for competence to stand trial is all about if the defendant is able to appreciate the charges against her and if she comprehends what the penalties against her might end up being. If she has been turning on her lawyers, they probably wonder if she really gets it. CM may have recognized the need to determine, in writing, that KC does understand the severity of her situation.

Since very few ( NOT sure about the exact numbers) defendants testify in their trials, I sincerely doubt that she will testify. She would make a terrible witness and even if she really wanted to testify I do not believe her attorneys would encourage it. Sorry folks- I just do not see it happening!

Maybe we will get lucky and she will throw a hissy fit and insist that she testify on her own behalf I would love to see that....

<<<< Geraldo just wanted to look like he knew something that nobody else did. He took a chance ......... He is a big faker. >>>>

Geraldo is so washed up & looking for a come back. Doing defense maneuver of 'throw all to wall - see what sticks'.

These stills from the other thread capture it even better...
624reaction.png

Thanks ... the DT need to be careful with those pencils and pens ... good job that they don't have any duct tape around.

Don't make me angry ... you won't like me when I am angry.

You are assuming it was her idea.

I am so highly entertained that the Inmate thinks she is such a great actress (goes along with "I'm SUCH a good liar") that she actually thought that she could snow 3 professionals! LOL! :floorlaugh:

Oh honey, they've seen all kinds of psychopaths in their careers.

You aren't special. :loser:

TL was one of the original death penalty lawyers on the case who left because he had a "disagreement" with Baez. It was originally reported that he wanted to seek the insanity defense:
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/13/ijvm.01.html

but later denied this was the case:
"I never used the word insanity," Lenamon said. "They are loose with words up there. It was clearly never said. If I said that I would be technically crossing the line."
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html

Hmmmm... Well, considering she is deemed competent, guess that defense would have gone out the wondow anyway.
Although, I do think she definitely has mental issues (JMOO)

I do not see her attorneys encouraging it either. It would be a fatal mistake. However, if she insists, her attorneys cannot stop her.

Thank you that video is important to watch. She is so mad at Beaz.. I'm sure when this trial is over she'll blame him for something

Clearly, when viewing the video, her anger is directed at Baez, not CM. But when he turns towards her, she tries to hide it and grabs her neck as if she is subconsciously saying: "You are getting me killed her, JB." But for some reason she didn't want to totally confront him about it.

TL was one of the original death penalty lawyers on the case who left because he had a "disagreement" with Baez. It was originally reported that he wanted to seek the insanity defense:
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/13/ijvm.01.html

but later denied this was the case:
"I never used the word insanity," Lenamon said. "They are loose with words up there. It was clearly never said. If I said that I would be technically crossing the line."
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html

Hmmmm... Well, considering she is deemed competent, guess that defense would have gone out the wondow anyway.
Although, I do think she definitely has mental issues (JMOO)

Competency and an insanity defense are two different things. One is whether she is now competent to stand trial. The other is whether she was legally insane at the time of the crime.

Those pics of her are TRULY EVIL-My heart breaks for Caylee!! How many times she must have seen that face-That brings it home for me!Send her to DR!!!

Text here. Doesn't give us much to go on as far as reasons. poo!

motion contents.jpg

I am assuming ICA did this when the Jury was out ...

Too bad they didn't get to see the "real" ICA ...

Unfortunately! The jury never was seated on Saturday. Can you imagine how many times Caylee saw that evil face? As duct-tape-was-applied.

Where's the needle? Anyone have a needle?

MOO

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member