Deleted Voicemails?

YES! Thank you, Max. So I'm NOT the only one suspicious of the ex. His whole demeanor was off-putting to me. He seemed to nervous that I was nervous just watching him. Maybe HE was the mystery caller who TH was avoiding. (Can't they check her phone records to see if he was calling her constantly and she was never picking up??)
Maybe he threatened her (stupidly) on voicemail and then deleted them. He could have been stalking her.

I'd like more info on their relationship. As well as more info on this mysterious roommate of hers. What do we know about him???

And what's the deal with him "figuring out" her password being a combination of her sister's b-days? He knows their bdays? Was it written somewhere?

I'm not inferring that any of the females listed below are connected to the TH case, but if you see any connections, feel free to post it.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/133529-where-is-ryan-hillegas-now-teresa-halbachs-ex-boyfriend-has-making-a-murderer-viewers-talking

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Teresa-M.-Halbach-90877058

According to the above links, RH went to University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and University of Wisconsin-Green Bay with TH.

Are there any missing or unsolved murders of students from these schools?

Amber Lynn Wilde, 19, disappeared Sept. 23, 1998, missing University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student

Christine Lindsay Walters, 23, disappeared early November, missing 2009 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point student

Janet Marie Raasch, 20, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point student, found strangled Portage County, 17 Nov 1984 (RH was too young or wasn't born yet in 1984)

Missing/murdered area non-students:

Laurie Jean Depies, 20, missing August 19, 1992, from Menasha, Winnebago County, WI

Dawn Marie Schnezter, 17, disappeared from Menasha, WI 1978. Found Woodville/Hilbert area near Halbach farm, 1978

Dawn Marie Mohn, 41, missing from Green Bay, WI, 2000, never found

Cheryl A. Spaeth-Duvall, 38, missing from Manitowoc, WI, 1 Oct 1988

Episode 2, (34:50 mark) MH is giving an interview before body was even found:

"The grieving process,you know, could last days, could last weeks, could last years, you know, hopefully we find answers as soon as possible so we can, you know, begin to, you know, hopefully move on, hopefully, with Teresa still in our life".

MH was also a Green Bay student.

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/Mike-Halbach/bc32b029-52e7-4e07-b172-f9580ded39f3

Most of all of the above missing persons are from counties adjoining/in Calumet County, WI

UW-SP Pointer newspaper:

Irene Roedig, DOB 24 Apr 1935, was a 43 year old mentally disabled woman found naked and rope-bound in a residence at 1218A S. 26th St., Manitowoc, WI on Jan 22, 1980. She was one of nine children. Her murder is unsolved. A fire had been set at the residence, possibly to cover up her murder. Her parents were Charles and Irene Roedig who had farmed north of Manitowoc in the 1960's.

I forgot one other unsolved murder, Irene Roedig. I'm adding it here, though I had posted it elsewhere on WS.

Her obit: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=134388753

BBM

The part of Ryan's testimony below ( BOLD ) has always bothered me. As have many, many things surrounding this case:pullhair:

He never answers Kratz's question, WHEN did you first learn Teresa was missing? Instead, he just dances around it..and it's accepted:sigh:

This, and his lies.:liar:

Never sat well with me.

from episode 5 transcript:

Kratz: How did you know Teresa?

Hillegas: Um, I guess she was a long-time friend.

Hillegas: We had dated for five years or so.

Hillegas: End of high school and early part of college.

Kratz: Were you aware of Ms. Halbach's living arrangements?

Hillegass: Yes.

Kratz: And what were they, if you recall?

Hillegass: She lived in a house with a friend of ours, Scott Bloedorn.

Kratz: And was it your understanding that Scott and Teresa had any kind of a romantic relationship?

Hillegass: No. No romantic relationship.

Kratz: All right. Just roommates?

Hillegas: Just roommates.

Kratz: Mr. Hillegas, when was the first time that you heard your friend Teresa had gone missing?

Hillegass: Scott had called me and said that Teresa's dad had went over and asked if he had seen Teresa, and Scott called me and I went over to the house that afternoon and we printed off her cell phone records off the Internet.

Hillegass: Just to see, you know, calls she had made or, you know, if there were other numbers of friends that we could find on there.

Kratz: Finding her cell phone records, how does something like that occur?

Hillegas: Um... well, there were a couple of us that tried figuring it out, but basically I figured out her password and made up a user name that worked and got into her... her phone records and, I mean, they printed right off.

Kratz: All right. Now, tell me about this online search.

Kratz: She had never shared her password with you?

Hillegas: No.

Buting: So you just went online to Cingular Wireless or whatever, dot com, and just guessed her password?

Hillegas: Well, we had just kind of figured that it would... apparently be something relating to her sisters.

Hillegas: And I believe it was their...

Hillegas: I think it was their birth dates that got into it for us. I'm not exactly sure about what the password was, but...

Buting; OK.

BBM

The part of Ryan's testimony below ( BOLD ) has always bothered me. As have many, many things surrounding this case:pullhair:

He never answers Kratz's question, WHEN did you first learn Teresa was missing? Instead, he just dances around it..and it's accepted:sigh:

This, and his lies.:liar:

Never sat well with me.

Also, when asked when was the last time he saw TH, he said he does not remember?

That right there is another red flag.

Didn't Scott say that they hooked up a few times?? Him and TH

Didn't Scott say that they hooked up a few times?? Him and TH

No, her other friend, who she had a physical relationship with, Brad C., told investigators about Teresa and Scott. Scott may have too, but we have not seen any statements from him.

What happened to the fact that the VMs on TH's cell carrier auto-delete after a certain period of time and also based on a full inbox? Has this been forgotten? Now it's back to blaming RH for the deleted VM messages? More case amnesia?

What happened to the fact that the VMs on TH's cell carrier auto-delete after a certain period of time and also based on a full inbox? Has this been forgotten? Now it's back to blaming RH for the deleted VM messages? More case amnesia?

I guess some don't want to acknowledge any facts that point towards RH not being involved.

Hmmmm.... I thought we were recently 'admonished' that only facts are important and that's where the concentration should be. :confused:

Hmmmm.... I thought we were recently 'admonished' that only facts are important and that's where the concentration should be. :confused:

I would love to review the link which proves the messages were automatically deleted. Thanks. The link should also include information on: the time period after which they are automatically deleted with a full inbox, whether they are deleted sequentially, and a statement which backs up that this is what happened in TH's case.

The info is in this very thread ... somewhere. There's been discussion of said VMs many times over the months.

Hi Madeleine! :greetings:

I'm thinking the more recent posts may have been in the wrong thread. I didn't read that anyone was blaming RH for deleted VM messages. I read it as people were bothered by his testimony and in their opinion think he lied. Then some discussion about whether TH and SB hooked up and who stated they did.

I don't remember reading about TH's cell carrier auto-deleting messages after a certain time. Would you mind pointing me to that discussion or link? I would like to re-read it.
TIA

The Motion for Post-Conviction Scientific Testing happened, and in that motion, KZ mentions the VM's and that 11 were deleted before 7:12am on Nov 2nd. It renewed the discussion.

IMO I find it hard to believe that on the 1st or 2nd of November, she had messages in her VM that were 2 weeks old (from October 19th or earlier), not for someone that checked her VM as much as she did, which we can see by her phone records. And not when that was her "business phone".

Hi Madeleine! :greetings:

I'm thinking the more recent posts may have been in the wrong thread. I didn't read that anyone was blaming RH for deleted VM messages. I read it as people were bothered by his testimony and in their opinion think he lied. Then some discussion about whether TH and SB hooked up and who stated they did.

I don't remember reading about TH's cell carrier auto-deleting messages after a certain time. Would you mind pointing me to that discussion or link? I would like to re-read it.
TIA

Oh I think KZ is definitely trying to link the 2, but maybe not, or maybe she knows more? (she does say "other witness records") She does mention in the motion that Ryan called on Nov. 1st at 6:42 and her voicemail was full. Implying that someone had to have deleted emails because the next message was left at 7:12am on the 2nd, whoever left that message wouldn't have been able to if her VM was full, unless someone deleted VM's sometime between 6:42pm and 7:12am. And again, like I said in my last post.... I find it hard to believe that she would leave that many messages in her VM if she only had a max capacity of 20 messages and it's a business phone. JMO

TH was getting calls on the day she was murdered and afterwards too. I'm not prepared to make a determination of how calls got deleted or by whom. I'll wait until the evidence has been presented. A motion isn't evidence, it's asking for more information and/or testing.

ETA: and here is where the auto-delete information was posted:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lls-and-Phone-Records&p=12373002#post12373002

TH was getting calls on the day she was murdered and afterwards too. I'm not prepared to make a determination of how calls got deleted or by whom. I'll wait until the evidence has been presented. A motion isn't evidence, it's asking for more information and/or testing.

ETA: and here is where the auto-delete information was posted:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lls-and-Phone-Records&p=12373002#post12373002

But what about RH's strange testimony in court
(quote)
Hillegas testified that he had "guessed" Teresa's Cingular account password to access her phone records. "We printed off her cell phone records off the Internet," Hillegas claimed in the documentary, not specifying who else helped out. "Just to see, you know, calls she had made or, you know, if there were other numbers of friends that we could find on there ... there were a couple of us that tried figuring [her password] out, but, basically, I figured out her password and made up a username that worked and got into her... her phone records and, I mean, they printed right off."

What was he acting as an investigator into TH's phone data?
(quote)
It's an action that has some alleging "federal crime!" Bustle reached out to Hillegas for comment on this accusation but he has not yet responded. The Daily Dot reached out to Orin Kerr, a law professor at George Washington University who is a leading expert on the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Kerr said he hadn't followed the documentary, but based on a video of Hillegas' testimony, Kerr said Hillegas accessing Teresa's account "absolutely would violate the CFAA," specifically the section that states someone who “intentionally accesses a computer without authorization or exceeds authorized access” is in violation of the law. This would include guessing someone else's password and username to access something private like phone records and voicemail. The Daily Dot reported that the offense carries with it a $250,000 fine and up to 20 years in prison.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1318...ges-have-making-a-murderer-viewers-concerned#!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back