DEMENTIA Ruled our world...

"The course of history might have been very different if some of the world's past leaders and dictators had :laugh: seen a psychiatrists, according to doctors."

Well Cass, I for one, really think that Former PM Chretian really needed a doctor. He is really of his rocker.

But if it only were that simple.

:banghead: As with the word "ALZHEIMERS" dementia was not well know back then. You were referred to as a little crazy, or esenteric(sp). :banghead:

Only recently has DIMENTIA , ALZHEIMERS been diagnosed for what it is. Still the "A" disease is often ignored. Family member are reluctent to have a loved one diagnosed. They choose to ignore the symptoms, and call it something else..!! :mad:

I agree Carla, totally. However, that does not make up for a Stalin or Hitler in our world of course and I would never imply that. :)

blueclouds said:
Sometimes I wonder if this is / isn't the case. Obviously some former world leaders have proven themselves to be more than " a few bricks short" but REALLY, would psychiatry truely help a Hitler?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3873339.stm

Question: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: 1, but it really has to want to change.

I'm surprized that Ronald Reagan wasn't included in that group. Seemed like it was announced that he had Alsheimers only a few years after leaving office. Hitler had a personality disorder known as a Character Disorder. Examples of these people in ordinary life would be a lot of used car salesmen, fast talking con men, and quite a few policemen( they, like Hitler, like uniforms).

Some leaders, I mean 3rd world tinhorn dictators, like Saddam Hussein, and Idi Amin are megalomaniacs. They're terrified of a loss of control and everything in the country has to be run by or about them. Their pictures are everywhere, as are the secret police and spys. They are sociopaths, raised in brutal environments with little love. In America, they might be found in prison for murder(s) and are referred to as unremorseful and having no conscience.

Hitler also had brain damage due to syphilis, which used to be a lot more common and was known as "the French disease"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back