Found Deceased Denmark - Emilie Meng, 17, Korsor, 10 July 2016 *arrest*

Today is three years ago Emilie disappeared. No one has still been charged with her death.

Its possible that the guy who killed Brjansdottir in Iceland murdered Meng too.
The way the crime was commited is similar especially the way the body was dumped.
He allegedly was in Denmark towards the end of July where he was seen at a party but i dont know when he arrived there.
If he came from Greenland or Iceland by boat he would have most likely been stationed in Frederikshavn. His girlfriend lived in Kopenhagen and the abduction took place on the route between the two cities.
If he arrived there on the 10 of july or before it is highly likely that he rented a car and drove to Kopenhagen and that he was involved in this murder.
The police of Iceland and Denmark looked into this possibility but even if they're able to prove that he was in Denmark at the time of the murder it is not nearly enough to go to trial.
Does anyone who maybe speaks Danish know more of what the police found out about Olsens whereabouts in Juli 2016?

❤️ They need to track down that light car, that was seen on the video speeding away and also spotted dumping something heavy where Emelie was found.

Afsnit 9: Louise: 'Jeg mødte Emilie Mengs morder, tre timer før Emilie forsvandt'

A female witness stepped forward saying a strange man approached her in a car that is similar to the one Police are looking out for in Emilie's case. This happened around 1 h away from where Emilie was last seen and happened only a couple of hours before Emilie disappeared. The man tried to convince a girl in his car in the middle of the night.

Hello Sleuths,
I live in Denmark about 15 kilometers from where Emilie was abducted and I used to work minutes away from her home at the time of her disappearance. I know the area very well as I grew up here. This case has been a huge, tragic riddle for all of Denmark and especially our local community.
There have been so many procedural errors on behalf of the police (forgotten private surveillance videos, etc.) that many clues have been wasted. The people out here will never stop thinking about this case. Is he still out there?

Could any of these unsolved murders be connected? details at link.
ETA Just started thread for this cold case referenced @ link..

Google translate.
May 2022
1663787369332.png

''EMILIE WAS ONLY 17 YEARS OLD​

A nice night out with a handful of girlfriends ends tragically for 17-year-old Emilie Meng in July 2016.

The young girl says goodbye to her friends at Korsør Station, where she herself will walk the last 3.3 kilometers home. But Emilie never returns home.''

''What the young girl has been exposed to in her last hours, the public will never get an answer to.
Today, the police will only say that "Emilie has been the victim of a cruel and callous crime".

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what other people from the area think happened.

I just watched Rachel Shannon's YouTube coverage of this case, and personally I think it was a random attack. Emilie's night out with friends doesn't seem to have been on a set schedule. No one outside her circle would know where they would be at any given time, so who would know where they'd be going or when?

Then at 4 a.m. the friends offer to split a cab home with her, but Emilie refused, wanting to walk. She could've just as easily said yes and gone with them.

Maybe it was someone who was stalking the area just looking for any potential opportunity, and Emilie just happened to be there?

''112news.dk is here two years after the fateful July morning in 2016, where only 17-year-old Emilie Meng disappeared after a city trip with her girlfriends. Half a year before her body was found in a waterhole, and now two years after her killer is still on duty, we have made a small documentary that summarizes the case where hundreds of volunteers participated in searches of the missing girl.''

Well.. Interesting development.
Last weekend a 13 year old girl was abducted around 12 miles from where Emilie went missing. The girl was on her paper route and a kidnapper snatched her. She called her parents right before leaving her route and was on her way to a friend, but since she never showed up the friend called her parents and from there a huge police investigation started.
Thanks to dashcams from car and surveillance around 24 hours later the 13 year old was found and a suspect (32 years old) was arrested.
Since Denmark/Scandinavia does not have many disappearances or kidnappings and this happened very near where Emilie disappeared it was enough for media and police to start suspecting a link. In Emilie's case the police were searching for a silver Hyundai i30. It has now surfaced that the suspect in custody drove the same car in 2016 (the year Emilie disappeared)

I don't think this kidnapper would be ballsy enough to pull something like this kidnapping as his first crime. I believe he was involved in Emilie's disappearance. Police are now investigating this and I hope Emilie's family will get closure!

Samme bil? Ny kobling mellem Filippa- og Emilie Meng-sagen

''Suspect in kidnapping case to be investigated for earlier crime

Police are to investigate whether the main suspect in last weekend’s kidnapping and sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in southwestern Zealand is connected to the 2016 disappearance and death of 17-year-old Emilie Meng.

A lawyer for Emilie Meng’s mother said that police had told her they would extend the investigation to the older case, in comments to newspaper BT.

Emilie Meng’s body was found six months after her disappearance. The case remains unsolved. She disappeared in Korsør, the same town where police found the 13-year-old on Sunday.

South Zealand and Falster Police have said that it would be “natural” to investigate connections between other cases and that of the 13-year-old, without specifying which cases.

A 32-year-old man has been remanded in police custody until May 11th for the suspected kidnapping and sexual assault of the 13-year-old girl who was found by police on Sunday, 27 hours after her disappearance.''

1682025302927.png
This picture is a reconstructed one made by the South Zealand and Lolland-Falster Police to show the type of car they wanted back in 2017.Photo: South Zealand and Lolland-Falster Police

Police have located the car they suspect was used in Emilie Meng's kidnapping/murder.
The car was wrecked in an accident in 2021 and was sold to carwreckers who repaired the car and sold it to a family in Slovakia. Few days ago the police approached the Slovakian family and told them they had to seize the car.

BEN HAMILTON APRIL 26TH, 2023

''Obtained DNA traces
During the investigation into the murder of Emilie Meng, the police obtained DNA samples from 1,450 people – “acquaintances, car owners and other people of interest” – to compare to DNA traces gathered during the investigation, but it not thought there are conclusively those of any perpetrator.

“The person now charged is one of the people questioned, and in this connection he has also submitted a DNA sample,” revealed Kliver.

The police will not reveal the concrete evidence that has led to the 32-year-old being charged in the case of the murder of Emilie Meng.''

''Charges against the 32-year-old man:​

The case against the 13-year-old girl

• The man is charged with prolonged deprivation of liberty, violence, threats of violence and rape.
  • The 32-year-old man has partially confessed.

The case of Emilie Meng

• The man has been charged with deprivation of liberty, rape and murder.
  • The 32-year-old denies guilty.

The case from Sorø

• The man has been charged with threats with a knife, attempted deprivation of liberty and attempted rape.
  • The 32-year-old denies guilty.''

The trial against the man suspected for the murder of Emelie Meng, as well as the kidnapping and attempted murder of a 13-year-old girl, will begin on May 14, 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back