GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-BOAT CAPTAIN MADSEN NOW CHARGED WITH 'NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER UNDER PARTICULARLY AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES'

Ekstrabladet.dk
http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/byret-tilfoejer-i-grundlag-for-raket-madsens-faengsling/6780670

Copenhagen City Council has changed the wording of the order for detention of prisoner of inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen. This can be seen in the file, according to Ritzau and Ekstra Bladet who had access to the document.

In the order, 'negligent manslaughter' has been changed to 'negligent manslaughter under particularly aggravating circumstances'. It is the provision that is used, among other things, against drunken drivers.

The written change was made Monday, 14 August. Peter Madsen was detained on Saturday. The police charged him with killing the Swedish journalist Kim Isabel Wall, but that was not the basis for his imprisonment. Instead, it was a subordinate sentence of negligent manslaughter. The subordinate sentence was raised at the hearing where the public was kept outside the room. The clause about negligent manslaughter contains two paragraphs, which are widely different. In the first part, the punishment is a fine or imprisonment up to four months.

BBM

Apparently the earlier wording was a mistake that has now been corrected. This is admissable by Danish law. Maximum penalty under the new clause is 8 years imprisonment.
This doesn't make sense. Can they later change the charge to murder then?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This doesn't make sense. Can they later change the charge to murder then?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes they can (if there is proof of murder). For now LE needs a legal ground to keep him in provisional or investigative detention.

POLICE ON THE SEARCH FOR KIM WALL: WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DEAD PERSON

Sydsvenskan.se
https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-08-...t-efter-kim-wall-vi-letar-efter-en-dod-person

Danish military divers are searching in the area of Kögebukten during Thursday, where the submarine Nautilus sank last Friday. Other searches for missing journalist Kim Wall's body are scaled down on the Danish side.

The police in Copenhagen expect that the journalist Kim Wall has died, it was formally announced at lunch on Thursday. But the body is still missing.

"The submarine sailed out at 19 o'clock on Thursday, after which there are observations of it at around 23.30," said Jens Møller, head of the Copenhagen Police Unit for Serious Crime.
- After that, we have no reliable indications of where the submarine may have been until 10.14 the day after, just before it sank.

Against this background, the police have directed the search towards Kögebukten, both on Swedish and Danish side. Some deeper pockets in the seabed and deep trenches are the focus of the divers from the Danish defense unit.
"We have searched a lot with airplanes across the Öresund. It is our clear assumption that we are looking for a dead person. But the work has not turned up anything and we have canceled the flights for now," says Jens Møller.

BBM

Searching those waters between Sweden and Denmark is quite the undertaking....I'd think it seems unlikely that Kim would be found. What about currents?
It's also possible he put her on shore in some isolated place?

Changing his story, scuttling his own submarine? Give me a break !
So sad for her family...

Searching those waters between Sweden and Denmark is quite the undertaking....I'd think it seems unlikely that Kim would be found. What about currents?
It's also possible he put her on shore in some isolated place?
The currents in the Strait are very complex, and there are much boat traffic as it's a busy shipping lane. PM seems to have admitted to having buried KW at sea now, but it would have been risky to try to bury her on shore as there are much traffic at sea and it would have been difficult to get the submarine close enough to the shore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Øresund

There are several missing persons in Sweden that have gone missing in the Strait, boating accidents and suicides, where the bodies haven't been found. Here's a list from 2008 of missing persons, many of them gone missing at or near the Strait. The list is in Swedish and there are more missing person cases today: https://www.hd.se/2008-01-07/listan-over-forsvunna-personer

According to Danish and Swedish newspapers have Peter Madsen admitted that Kim Wall died in an accident onboard the submarine and that he buried her at sea.
https://www.b.dk/nationalt/peter-madsen-indroemmer-kim-wall-er-doed-og-begravet-til-soes (in Danish )

If it was some kind of accident, why not take her body back to the shore and report it to the police?

"The police of Copenhagen further state that the charge of homicide is maintained."

BBM

It is also said that the rest of the investigation remains under a gagging order, they have published this detail as an exception.

I do wonder what kind of accident this might have been. IMHO the options for an accident that involves only one member of the crew are limited in a submarine. Why bury her at sea indeed, if it was something simple like for instance if she choked on a piece of toast?

I hope they manage to find her. Soon.

:jail:

A woman's body has been found in the water outside Amager, Denmark, in the area where the police is searching for Kim Wall's remains.

(I can't figure out how to copy the link to Aftonbladet- sorry!)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Sydsvenskan.se
https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-08-...b&utm_medium=list-bottom&utm_campaign=ushares

Female body found in the water - in the area where Kim Wall is being sought

A woman's body has been observed in the water southwest of the island of Amager at 15.41 on Monday afternoon, according to the Copenhagen police on Twitter. Examination is ongoing, they write further. At 20.30 hrs, Copenhagen police will hold a short press conference.

BBM

The torso of a woman have been found at Amager, the head, arms and legs are missing. There will be an autopsy to identify the body.
https://www.b.dk/nationalt/kvinde-fundet-doed-paa-amager-uden-arme-hoved-og-ben

Torso of a woman - a body without head, arms and legs - was found on the southern side of Amager on Monday, but the police can not yet determine if it is the Swedish journalist Kim Wall who disappeared from the UC3 Nautilus submarine.

:eek: :eek:

What if it is, and what if it isn't ....

Torso of a woman - a body without head, arms and legs - was found on the southern side of Amager on Monday, but the police can not yet determine if it is the Swedish journalist Kim Wall who disappeared from the UC3 Nautilus submarine.

:eek: :eek:

What if it is, and what if it isn't ....

The body has been in the water for "some time". I wonder how long that is.

If he claims there was an accident on board, then what is the justification for intentionally scuttling his own sub?

If he claims there was an accident on board, then what is the justification for intentionally scuttling his own sub?

I wonder about that as well. And if it was an accident why not just bring her back to land and be honest about it? And the whole sinking of the sub....

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

I dread to think what happened on that submarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow I don't think it's the body of KW that's been found, it's not easy to dismember a body, especially on board a submarine and most likely without tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500