Deputy tries to kill 79 yr old -ties to chair/pills/carbon monoxide/steals dog/money

UPDATE: Resident of Jupiter home where 3 killed faces weapons charge

-- will link when I am done!
The renter of the house at 1105 Mohawk Street has been arrested on a federal firearms charge, according to Jupiter Police Chief Frank Kitzerow.

Charles Vorpagel, 27, was arrested by the FBI, Kitzerow said. The Jupiter police investigation continues, he added.

Kitzerow added that there is still a person of interest, but the police have not been able

all three of them renting from him?

• Last sold: Feb 2005 for $320,000

• Waterfront

3 beds 1 bath
1,260 sqft

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...-faces-weapons-charge/kK2C34J8CtrE66JJJm1JTO/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1105-Mohawk-St-Jupiter-FL-33458/46805510_zpid/

AH ha

are talking weapons dealing??

Explains the "bomb" stuff doggies smelled ----------ammo.

IMO this is a big deal tho - from the beginning it bewildered me as to the huge response-- all those command trucks on scene. I kept thinking its a triple murder I have never seen command post trucks at a murder scene.

Gun-running operation? Moving stuff around by boat from the waterway in the backyard??

less comings and goings for neighbors?

The duration of being on scene also seemed really long - day after day. So might be a really big firearms organization?

I wonder if it might explain the guy in the hospital being kept "top secret" Related to guns, not the murders??A top dog, main dude, big cheese, head honcho, CEO of the ring??hummmm

At some level it makes more sense than drugs. Cause I think most of us who have followed really did feel as if drugs did not "fit in", just as it relates to the three victims.

Maybe the three of them were sadly in the wrong place and time as it relates to stuff heating up in gun dealing?

Maybe a gun "robbery"? They took his stash and ran in the car. Wonder if guns were found in the car on I-95?

Unload guns from car to boat or boat to car and the folks were just "there" wrecking everything?

It was FBI/Federal arrest so I do not think we can be talking about having "a" gun.

Weapons racketeering?

It is on a waterway maybe that has something to do with something that is related to something while being unrelated to the something that none of us know about anything which relates to all the somethings that are emerging which don't seem to add up to any anything related to "somethings"!!!!!

ha !

All I can say is now back to total confusion from this article!!

Vorpagel was hosting people at his house, the house he rents from his father, at 1105 Mohawk Street.

He was released from hospital Monday arrested THrus.

Vorpagel’s criminal history in Palm Beach County includes run-ins with the law for prescription pills, marijuana, and firearms.

said the items found at the property, gave ATF and F.B.I. the evidence they needed to proceed with the charges.

Up to this point from last article I "heard" he was the one in the hospital, apparently not according to this or whatever @

This outfit is saying a fifth person is hurt - so if the fourth is still in the hospital does this mean that Vorpagel was also injured?

At this point have no clue who they are talking but this person , in the hosptial, is critical from gunshots wounds. Where did the stabbing victim go or come or whatever?

Or is there another person involved in this in addition to the dude just arrested?

They have now upped the number cars involved to two.

This article won't cut paste soooo

Guy in hospital they have not been able to talk to - is from Jupiter.

Going shorthand! Black BMW --called 911 -- found injured man inside related to this.

The car on I-95 was taken from the scene - does not say if stolen?

There was a lot of "stuff" in the I-95 car.

It was not as first released - there was a shootout in the house - not one person going in and shooting. Which explains 8 shots IMO and the guy running out and falling down.

Whew!

http://cbs12.com/news/local/cbs12-investigates-understanding-the-jupiter-superbowl-sunday-shooting

arrested Vorpagel on Sept. 3, 2009, after they found him walking in Lake Park with a fully loaded semi-automatic handgun that he had concealed in the waistband of his pants, according to an arrest report.
The search of a backpack belonging to a man accompanying Vorpagel revealed 50 tablets of Alprazolam, a generic form of Xanax, the report said.

sentenced to nine months of confinement and probation.

arrested for a probation violation March 15, 2010, and spent nearly seven months in the Palm Beach County Jail before he was released.

arrested on April 14, 2014, by Jupiter police and faced DUI and marijuana possession charges after he caused a crash at 330 S. U.S. Highway 1, just south of Indiantown Road, according to an arrest report.
A blood draw found evidence of marijuana and amphetamines in Vorpagel’s system, the report said.
The disposition of that case wasn’t immediately available.

Police have said they have a “person of interest” in the slayings

The three were not the intended targets.

So in a way it sounds it sounds like a gun tracking hit - that went out of control cause they shot three innocents and the gun stuff was only discovered cause LE was at the scene of a triple murder -- totally guessing here !

There is still a person of interest?

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...obe-yields-gun-charge/5iDwFazQoYmCrDyia3UM9J/

Shocked. There really no end to the extent some people will go to - and people like this guy are just . . . there really are no words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarasota sheriff’s office employee accused of tampering with evidence in former cop’s attempted murder case

Carson Plank, 23, was responsible for collecting evidence against Frank Bybee, who officials say tried to kill a 79-year-old woman. But according to deputies, Plank ignored physical evidence and the victim’s report to cover up his alleged crimes.

Deputy terminated due to involvement with ex-employee Frankie Bybee

Deputy Carson Plank, 23, was terminated from employment due to her involvement with ex-employee Frankie Bybee.

what a sordid tale
people like this walk amongst us!

The poor lady was 79 years old and he treated her like that. I hope the judge takes her age into consideration when sentencing. This takes "abuse of the elderly" to a whole new level, and although I feel a little bit sorry for the 23 year old new employee she should have used her brains and also felt compassion for the elderly victim and realised Bybee was seriously criminal.

I have been watching this trial on Lawnewz. It has been a really fascinating case.

Defense rested today. I missed some of the victim's testimony and other bits, but I cannot reliably sort out what really happened and what didn't happen.

I think he will be convicted on some counts but definitely not all. The prosecution seems a bit too zealous in this case with all the charges; and the alleged victim is unlikeable and has some real credibility issues. There's a question whether she set him up. If I were on the jury I might find reasonable doubt on the most serious charges.

So he was acquitted on attempted murder, burglary and battery, and forgery and grand larceny and petit larceny.

Convicted on multiple counts of fraudulent use of ID and also kidnapping.

If I were on the jury I think I would have come up with the exact same verdicts - except I would not have found him guilty of kidnapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From November 2017:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20171109/judge-sentences-former-deputy-frank-bybee-to-15-years-in-prison

Judge sentences former deputy Frank Bybee to 15 years in prison

[FONT=&amp]Posted Nov 9, 2017 at 12:07 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Updated Nov 10, 2017 at 9:22 AM
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
The former Sarasota County Sheriff’s deputy was convicted in October of kidnapping, exploitation of the elderly, and 11 other felonies.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]SARASOTA — A former Sarasota County sheriff’s deputy was sentenced to 15 years in prison for kidnapping and exploiting an elderly woman he helped Baker Act in 2016.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Frank Bybee, 46, was found guilty by a jury Oct. 6 of kidnapping, exploitation of the elderly, three counts of computer fraud and eight counts of fraudulent use of personal information. He could have faced life in prison on just the kidnapping charge, but Charlotte County Judge Donald H. Mason considered Bybee’s honorable military service and clean criminal history prior to his conviction.
[...]
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80