Desiree says Terri had “Extreme hatred for Kyron"

Here in the U.S. there's a huge diversity of cultures, and when you leave your own home and your own circle, you quickly learn that not everyone holds to the same rules and customs that prevail in your circle. You are right--many people hold children sacred and seek to be constantly mindful not to be disrespectful. In many communities children are not belittled or made the butt of jokes, and the adults pressure one another to treat kids fairly, and to not use kids as scapegoats. Those are wonderful customs, and they're no doubt healthier. Still, their are families, communities, cultures out in this great country that don't place the same value on sparing children. These people are not all criminals, and most of them are good parents in other respects. It's just that their value systems are different--and especially their habits.

I live in the United States, am well aware of cultural diversity, and am hardly in an insular community. But I'm also the kind of person who calls the cops when parents leave small children in their vehicles at Walmart.

Regardless, someone's friends calling their kids snots or whatever (didn't Casey Anthony call Caylee a "little snothead") is anecdotal and hardly informs what Terri said about Kyron.

Desiree's reaction was that the emails were horrific and brought her to the conclusion that Terri could have hurt Kyron in the worst way. With all that she's learned about Terri prior to the emails, Desiree's never so clearly stated that she believes Kyron could be deceased; indeed, I don't know if she's even hinted at such until the Today show yesterday. So I think that--whatever the email said--it must have been bad enough for Desiree to finally reach that point. And it had to be much worse than something like "Kyron got on my nerves today."

Because child abduction cases are so different than if an adult goes missing. Especially without a body. Until they can procure Kyron's remains I don't think Terri will ever be charged. They need his remains. And I'm of the opinion that Terri handed off her phone to Dede so now LE has absolutely no idea where to go searching. I don't think she wanted them to be able to track her (and to locate the pings to go search for his body) And OR is a really easy place to hide something and have it never to be found.

Unless there's some evidence that can prove Kyron is no longer alive I don't see any charges ever being brought against Terri. She was smart. The fair was a perfect distraction and a perfect excuse that someone OTHER than her abducted Kyron. Terri isn't stupid and I think if she just waits it out and never speaks to anyone (i.e. LE) she will skate.

Which is incredibly sad. Because I feel that she did kill Kyron. I just hope that Kaine can keep her away from his only surviving child. In my opinion, Terri isn't someone who should ever be around children. Ever.

At some point Terri's reality will get distorted again and she will have to find someone else to blame for what she perceives as stopping her from having the perfect life. She's got a really bad combination of personality flaws that make her dangerous to anyone she's around. And that includes adults.

ADDED: Also important to note is that Terri it seems covered her tracks well. And as such I'm also of the opinion Terri planned this well in advance. I mean very far in advance.

All my opinion of course.

Thank you, JSR for this perfect and appropriate synopsis of the possibilities that could in fact lead to Terri "skating"... meaning precious Kyron goes unfound...meaning there will never be justice for Kyron{atleast not here on this earth}... which leads to what I find most disturbing OF ALL{which you also alluded to in your above post} and that is that Terri is dangerous...dangerous to children as well as adults..

Diabolical is more than just an interesting word to describe Terri, IMO... Terri is the very essence, definition, and meaning of the word diabolical..

IMO a true danger to society..which as well all know is what leads to long, very,very long prison sentences and the Death Penalty...when those are still a threat and danger to society and pose a threat by being allowed their freedoms of walking our streets...among us..among our children...

Just as you said Terri will again have a break that will distort reality{if not already deeply embedded in her deluded and no reality based frame of mind}.. she will again have intense hatred, resentment, and violent tendencies against another{just as with Kaine, with Kyron, and possibly with Desiree as well}.. or maybe her intense hatred, anger, and resentment that she has for Kaine will continue...manifesting itself in once again an extremely well planned, plotted, and executed murder and disposal of precious baby K..

The ultimate punishment to Kaine Horman for all the pain and destruction that HE HAS CAUSED HER AND IN RUINING HER LIFE{because in her deluded mind this is all Kaine's fault}...

why wouldn't she do this? Especially if she has delusions of grandeur... she goota away with Kyron's murder, she can get away with baby K's as well{her mind frame}..Then Kaine will have paid for ever daring to hurt her andnot appreciate her...That will be his final punishment and lesson taught for ever daring to cross and hurt Terri Lynn Moulton...

{am just saying this could happen and no doubt that she is 100% capable of every single bit of it...and still feel as tho she has done nothing wrong...Still in her mind SHE is the one who has been wronged}...scary.

It is still not clear to me why LE did not show these emails to Kaine and Desiree earlier...what were they afraid would happen?

I would think it would have been helpful to get Kaine's take on the emails...considering that whoever received these emails must have been trusted by Terri. Kaine might have been able to help lead them to an accomplice or connect some dots...

I think LE has known from early on that all was not what it seemed within the Horman household. Ideally, they wanted the truth about how dysfunctional it was to come from Kaine. Don't get me wrong, I am not accusing Kaine of being deceitful. I am saying he has been in denial and I don't blame him. We've gone from him saying in the beginning that there were virtually no problems in the household, to she was sleeping on the couch drunk, to she used inappropriate punishment on the kids. He's come along way. But if he is still in denial about what was going on, and in my opinion he still may be, it weakens the case against Terry. If he testifies that "I didn't see her as a threat" or "I didn't think she would hurt him",he plays right into the defense.

I think LE was hoping Kaine would reveal more of his household reality over time. They waited while they searched for more evidence. But at this point, they have decided that they needed to prod him further. And they needed to convince Desi that Teri was capable of hurting Kyron. So they show her the emails to change her reality and to use her to pressure Kaine to owning up to the reality of what Kyron was living with prior to June 4.

Another possibility is that LE is signaling to House that they are moving forward toward a conviction without a body. I wouldn't be surprised if the plea bargain issue hasn't been raised between Terri and House. At this point, I might favor life in prison over the DP if it came with a confession that gave the parents some closure. Just please don't let that woman have access to email in jail......

Maybe I'm different. I've never called my son an ugly name to anyone. I've never told my son that I'd physically harm him, not even as a threat. I've never said that I want to kill my child, not even in jest.

I really loathe personal anecdotes on the forums here, because responses to them come across as a personal attacks. It's hard to counter someone who relays their personal experiences without sounding like you're attacking them. No personal attack is intended when I say this, though: I just really have to believe that there are a great many parents out there who threaten their children with physical violence, call their children ugly names, or say that they want to kill their children. I can honestly say that none of my friends or family have ever said such things to me about their own children, just like they don't say racist, sexist, or homophobic things to me.

Maybe it's because they know that I wouldn't approve, and I'd look at them like they were crazy.

Thanks was not enough. I know that I am blessed with perfect children.../delusion. I can honestly say that I have never had any friend relay to me any ugly inferences regarding their children. Perhaps for the same reason.

There have always been two things that I recalled whenever I felt frustrated with momentary issues as a parent: 1) My mother telling me what grandma used to say when confronted with a crying/screaming/unreasonably difficult child: be happy they can cry/scream/act out or whatever - imagine the alternative; and 2) something a saleswoman in the baby department told me when I was shopping getting ready to become a mom for the first time: Remember, if murder was legal, there wouldn't be any children! (I got it that she meant that kids will drive you crazy.) Once a parent, I, too, "got it." Nevertheless, there was never a moment in time when I could have ever imagined saying, much less doing, anything other than loving my kids. Heck, I even love the kids I run across now in the grocery store who are screaming in the carts. Their honesty overwhelms me. No pretense. No lies. Just honest emotion. Something Terri, unfortunately, was not able to handle. How many are suffering, as a result. JMHO. (Sorry if this makes no sense to you; it makes sense to me....)

The subject of this thread is what Desiree claims the emails said that she personally read.

Do not personalize posts and do not ever put another poster or a group of posters in a negative light because you disagree with them. Post within the guidelines set for you. Do not vent about the rules on the forum.

Everyone please review term of service and please post responsibly.

:blowkiss:

Thanks was not enough. I know that I am blessed with perfect children.../delusion. I can honestly say that I have never had any friend relay to me any ugly inferences regarding their children. Perhaps for the same reason.

There have always been two things that I recalled whenever I felt frustrated with momentary issues as a parent: 1) My mother telling me what grandma used to say when confronted with a crying/screaming/unreasonably difficult child: be happy they can cry/scream/act out or whatever - imagine the alternative; and 2) something a saleswoman in the baby department told me when I was shopping getting ready to become a mom for the first time: Remember, if murder was legal, there wouldn't be any children! (I got it that she meant that kids will drive you crazy.) Once a parent, I, too, "got it." Nevertheless, there was never a moment in time when I could have ever imagined saying, much less doing, anything other than loving my kids. Heck, I even love the kids I run across now in the grocery store who are screaming in the carts. Their honesty overwhelms me. No pretense. No lies. Just honest emotion. Something Terri, unfortunately, was not able to handle. How many are suffering, as a result. JMHO. (Sorry if this makes no sense to you; it makes sense to me....)

My grandmother told me, "There will be days when you'd sell 'em for a nickel!" Perhaps Terri took these comments literally...I took them to mean that it was okay to be frustrated--the mood would pass..

Thank you, JSR for this perfect and appropriate synopsis of the possibilities that could in fact lead to Terri "skating"... meaning precious Kyron goes unfound...meaning there will never be justice for Kyron{atleast not here on this earth}... which leads to what I find most disturbing OF ALL{which you also alluded to in your above post} and that is that Terri is dangerous...dangerous to children as well as adults..

Diabolical is more than just an interesting word to describe Terri, IMO... Terri is the very essence, definition, and meaning of the word diabolical..

IMO a true danger to society..which as well all know is what leads to long, very,very long prison sentences and the Death Penalty...when those are still a threat and danger to society and pose a threat by being allowed their freedoms of walking our streets...among us..among our children...

Just as you said Terri will again have a break that will distort reality{if not already deeply embedded in her deluded and no reality based frame of mind}.. she will again have intense hatred, resentment, and violent tendencies against another{just as with Kaine, with Kyron, and possibly with Desiree as well}.. or maybe her intense hatred, anger, and resentment that she has for Kaine will continue...manifesting itself in once again an extremely well planned, plotted, and executed murder and disposal of precious baby K..

The ultimate punishment to Kaine Horman for all the pain and destruction that HE HAS CAUSED HER AND IN RUINING HER LIFE{because in her deluded mind this is all Kaine's fault}...

why wouldn't she do this? Especially if she has delusions of grandeur... she goota away with Kyron's murder, she can get away with baby K's as well{her mind frame}..Then Kaine will have paid for ever daring to hurt her andnot appreciate her...That will be his final punishment and lesson taught for ever daring to cross and hurt Terri Lynn Moulton...

{am just saying this could happen and no doubt that she is 100% capable of every single bit of it...and still feel as tho she has done nothing wrong...Still in her mind SHE is the one who has been wronged}...scary.

I mostly agree, but I don't know about Terri hurting baby K. If she sees that baby as an extension of herself, then she's not going to hurt the baby. Instead, I'm thinking she wants full custody and wants to raise her away from Kaine. It would certain hurt him to not be part of baby K's life anymore. That leaves no kids for him whatsoever.

Also, I don't think she would want to do the same thing to baby K as she did to Kyron. Look at the trouble it's brought her. Can you imagine if TWO kids died under her watch? She wouldn't be safe even if she was locked in away in her own home. No way is she bringing more trouble on herself. And there's no way after Kyron that if something were to happen to baby K that ANYONE wouldn't think it was Terri that did it. What's that old phrase? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

Actually, the only way I could see her hurting the baby is if she killed herself right afterwards. I don't think she would kill the child and stick around. I think she'd take baby K's life AND her own. Now that's scary. I'm glad she doesn't have any sort of custody or visitation just yet. Wow, I now realize why he's fighting for baby K so hard. She's all he has left, and I think he realizes what Terri might do to hurt him next.

I guess I'm saying Kyron was what she really hated, not baby K. If these emails made Desiree horrified and made Desiree believe Terri hated Kyron and would do terrible things to him, then that frightens me. Desiree doesn't strike me as someone who scares easily. She's more mama grizzly bear to me. I can't imagine before this that she was ever scared of Terri.

I kind of wonder if Terri wasn't more hateful towards Desiree not because of Kaine, but because Desiree would mostly definitely stand up for herself and Kyron. Bullies don't like people that actually stand up to them. They look for the weak and scared to prey on, those that can't or won't stand up to them. Terri had Kaine tricked (or at least she was sure he didn't think anything was wrong or wasn't challenging her very much), and she wasn't about to set off Desiree. So that, unfortunately, left Kyron to direct all of her hatred at :(

ETA: I don't think she'll skate. Plenty of people have been convicted without a body. And she's going to have to defend herself at some point. Juries don't take nicely to someone that doesn't defend themselves in court. If the police have done as thorough as a job as I believe they have and will continue to do, I would be absolutely SHOCKED if she skated. She's put too much out there that points directly at her being someone that would hurt Kyron. Unless she can bring him alive to that court room, she's not skating on this.

Desiree seems to have discovered in these emails that Terri despised both HER and her son. I think she may be experiencing some shock at both the long term deception and the depth of Terri's feelings. And her whole sense of what was REAL before is probably shattered.

If Desiree believed that she and Terri had a comfortable, working co-parenting relationship...and she believed in much of the fantasy of Facebook Terri, that probably provided Desiree with a certain comfort level in letting another woman raise her child.

Imagine if you were shown emails written by your child care provider that you thought you had a good relationship with...and you thought genuinely liked your child...and now you see hate oozing from these emails about both of you. It would be stunning to a point beyond disturbing...because The False Mask would have dropped. You would be seeing the rage , the hatred that a small child had to deal with every day. And you would have to face the level on which you were deceived.

Additionally, if these emails are common variety venting, I do not understand what probative value they would have to LE. Why would LE even shown them to the parents if any good defense lawyer could ridicule them before a jury? Either they are as vile as Desiree's words tell us they are, or they are useless. No point in even asking Kaine or Desiree about the circumstances of the day surrounding them..if they are merely commonplace variety venting that any defense lawyer could shred in a few minutes.

There seems to be a "Terri" that Terri wished to be. The "Okay, I love you" SuperMom, Friend-to-Desiree Terri. She wanted everyone to believe she was the Good Samaritan friend hired to care for a sick woman's baby...that MUCH later fell in love with Dad and created a loving, creative co-parenting home. So her own Mother spread that lie.

She wanted Desiree to think she was her friend, agreeable to Kyron living with her.

She wanted people to believe Kaine sent J away...not Terri herself when Kaine was gone.

The duplicity must have been exhausting.

Her Facebook pages speak of a perfect happy marriage...and the perfect little family. Terri with the Mask on.

I think Kaine tried mightily to believe in that Terri too...and she enabled him.

But, privately...she is sending hateful emails, sexting, trying to engage killers, consumed with rage. Alone with her, without Kaine around....or the people she wished to impress and fool...that Ugly Teri is the Terri Kyron lived with every day.

This is really a frightening story...like the worst of the gruesome old fairy tales about wicked stepmothers and Fathers who see only their "beauty."

I agree stmarysmead, I agree with it all. In fact I want to know how Kaine and Terri met, could she have known Desiree before? I think when she "snagged" Kaine, Terri was looking great, and Desiree was not, she was pregnant, and I think Terri may have prided herself and had major jealousy issues with Desiree, but she won Kaine, yet still always would have to deal with Desiree because of Kyron.

Then she gets a DUI, gets pregnant, and her looks go down, her weight goes up, shes unhappy about how she looks, I think this was new to her, topped with mental problems, we know she had post partum, and drinking, and jealousy, and hated, I mean seriously, there are so many indicators in this story that something is really wrong with her. Missing child, MFH, Sexts with Kaines friend, pictures of her genitals, past marriage and support issues, embellishing her lawyer fee, withdrawing seeing her baby, texts where she express' great HATRED for the missing child.....

I think this is probably one of the most sinister planned child murders we have ever seen, this makes the Caylee case look like nothing, imo.

I agree with you. Some otherwise good parents say horrible horrible things to and about their kids all the time. For some people, using derrogatory language about kids, curse words, and terms of violence that they don't really mean gets to be a habit.

So if I hear a parent say something terrible, how would I know whether this particular parent in this particular case will follow through on some uglinesss that he or she has voiced? I'm apt to assume that the person is just venting or speaking in an overly dramatic way out of habit. It's only going to be after the fact, when something bad happens to the kid, that I'm going to feel terrible, knowing I should have taken that ugly remark more seriously.

Growing up, the mother of a friend of mine often said "I'm going to dip your head in a bucket of water three times--and bring it up twice." Eventually this got coded, and she'd just say "How would you like 2/3rds of a Baptism?" He went to college on a 4 year scholarship, majored in physics, and eventually got a top secret job of some kind with the government as a scientist specializing in physics. Obviously his mom was a good person overall and did a pretty good job of raising him. But the next time I overhear a parent saying something terrible like that, I'll think of TH now and wonder what I should do.

What should we do?

That "would you like 2/3rds of a baptism?" thing sounds like something a friend of mine would say to her kids.

And her kids react by laughing riotously. They know she doesn't mean it and that it is meant humorously. They know they are loved and the centre of her universe. They are very high achieving kids and a joy to be around.

I think that's the key: it's not so much what the parent says as how the child reacts. If the kid is okay with it, then the situation overall is probably okay. But if the kid is upset, saddened, crushed, etc, then that means to look closer.

The opposite is true as well. If a parent is extremely sweet and loving but the kids are reacting badly, time to take a closer look.

There are phrases that a child might understand as "humor" under rare circumstances. But tell a child "You are dumb as rocks."...or "I hate you."...over and over and over and, in time, he believes it.

That, IMO, is damaging enough.

This is true in the classroom as well as in the home. A great reference book "How Children Learn" and companion, "How Children Fail"...addresses the fact that a child must feel safe and liked in any setting to excell. You cannot demean a child, take away his budding self-worth and expect excellence. If Terri was projecting her hate and disgust onto Kyron..and then expecting him to be an academic superstar to make HER look good...Kyron was set up for defeat.

A child of seven knows humor and he knows revulsion and disgust. Likewise, if a friend said she'd like to kill her kid or hated her child.. in a random email...that is one situation. But if I received numerous emails telling of her hate for that child...the frequency and repetition tell another story. Desiree says they were shown emails in the plural that told of Terri's extreme hatred for her child.

Good luck to Houze whitewashing that.

Well that was a very thorough response! Thank you...I agree with so much of what you said. I never really thought of her handing her phone off to Dede although I'm sure it was discussed (couldn't keep up with these threads all the time and RL, lol)...I do hold out hope that Kyron will be found. Above, BBM: I don't think TH is capable of keeping this (or anything) to herself forever- she needs validation...and if she handed phone to Dede, Dede must know something so she would also need to keep quiet forever...I agree completely that she is a very dangerous person, given her narcissistic tendencies...I'm not sure she's that smart...More like "street smart" survival instincts to me...But that's JMO...she could be a diabolical mastermind...

Sorry if I missed this in one of the other discussions but I was wondering if anyone knows for certain if any vehicle Dede may had access to that day was searched? Is it even remotely possible that Terri could have slipped a phone into a truck or glove box or truck bed without Dede even knowing she was being used? COupld she have called her and met with her and slipped the phone in without Dede even seeing and then sent her off on a random errand to SI?

I'm also wondering what it was about Desiree that she disliked so much? Terri and Kaine had been together for 8 years. What happened or why did Terri start to hone her anger in on Desiree and Kyron after such a long time?

IMO, Kyron was/is the spitting image of his mother.

I think that physical resemblance exacerbated Terri's insecurity in that she interpreted Kaine's love and concern toward Kyron as a way of saying he preferred Desiree to her. Also, when you marry someone who cheated to be with you, there's got to be an inherent amount of mistrust there. Like mother always said, "If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you." Combine that with Terri's other personality deficiencies, and I can see how poor Kyron would eventually become the scapegoat for all her problems. :(

Sorry if I missed this in one of the other discussions but I was wondering if anyone knows for certain if any vehicle Dede may had access to that day was searched? Is it even remotely possible that Terri could have slipped a phone into a truck or glove box or truck bed without Dede even knowing she was being used? COupld she have called her and met with her and slipped the phone in without Dede even seeing and then sent her off on a random errand to SI?

OT, but I just don't think poor innocent Dede was snookered by Terri to take her phone. Dede looked up to Terri, practically worshipped the ground she walked on. Plus, Dede's being doing so much PR to say how innocent she is that I'm thinking she's desperate to not be found out. She wants people to believe that she's dumb or deluded in all of this, and I think that's the farthest thing from the truth. Those two are like Thelma and Louise and are in this thick as thieves.

The thought of DDS having the cell phone and somehow getting to Sauvie Island is also a theory I've kicked around in my head.

There are phrases that a child might understand as "humor" under rare circumstances. But tell a child "You are dumb as rocks."...or "I hate you."...over and over and over and, in time, he believes it.

That, IMO, is damaging enough.

This is true in the classroom as well as in the home. A great reference book "How Children Learn" and companion, "How Children Fail"...addresses the fact that a child must feel safe and liked in any setting to excell. You cannot demean a child, take away his budding self-worth and expect excellence. If Terri was projecting her hate and disgust onto Kyron..and then expecting him to be an academic superstar to make HER look good...Kyron was set up for defeat.

A child of seven knows humor and he knows revulsion and disgust. Likewise, if a friend said she'd like to kill her kid or hated her child.. in a random email...that is one situation. But if I received numerous emails telling of her hate for that child...the frequency and repetition tell another story. Desiree says they were shown emails in the plural that told of Terri's extreme hatred for her child.

Good luck to Houze whitewashing that.

Did Terri talk to Kryon that way? I was under the impression that she spoke like that in an email, not directly to him. Have people said she spoke to him that way? I can't remember all the stuff I've read about this case, sorry, and thanks if anyone knows

Did Terri talk to Kryon that way? I was under the impression that she spoke like that in an email, not directly to him. Have people said she spoke to him that way? I can't remember all the stuff I've read about this case, sorry, and thanks if anyone knows

She spoke like that in an email. But you can bet your bottom dollar, she spoke to him like that, when no one was around.

Call me disgusting then and just about every other parent I know. Just last night I told my son I was going to smack him upside the head if he didn't clean his room. This morning I heard my secretary say that she was going to kill her daughter when she got home. Over the weekend a woman told me that her 3 year old could be such a manipulative little snot. Maybe Terri's statements were more serious than these, maybe they weren't. I'm sure that if I were Desiree, looking at such statements about Kyron through a prism of unbearable pain and loss, I would be hurt and appalled by them. But I'm not Desiree and I haven't seen the e-mails, so I prefer to save my righteous indignation for those things that I know to be, not those that I merely imagine to be.

Very well said. I think we all have made remarks about and threats to our kids that we would not really mean, or do. And if it's not your own child, of course people are going to judge you more harshly.

I have dealt with stepkids, and had my stepdaughter living with me for several years. I sometimes felt like I was trying to walk a tightrope in combat boots! But I have to say that somebody should have stepped up and got Terri some help... that is not normal feelings. If it was that out of control, for her to want to hurt or kill Kyron... why was his own father not aware of it? Believe me, my husband is not the most observant person in the world, but if I harbored such hatred for his daughter... he would have noticed. I could not have hidden those feelings that well.
This is just so sad to me!

Very well said. I think we all have made remarks about and threats to our kids that we would not really mean, or do. And if it's not your own child, of course people are going to judge you more harshly.

I have dealt with stepkids, and had my stepdaughter living with me for several years. I sometimes felt like I was trying to walk a tightrope in combat boots! But I have to say that somebody should have stepped up and got Terri some help... that is not normal feelings. If it was that out of control, for her to want to hurt or kill Kyron... why was his own father not aware of it? Believe me, my husband is not the most observant person in the world, but if I harbored such hatred for his daughter... he would have noticed. I could not have hidden those feelings that well.
This is just so sad to me!
BBM
Rejoice that you would be unable to fool your husband, TxLady. You do not exhibit the most common features of a sociopath.
-pathological lying
-manipulative and conning
-lack of remorse, shame, or guilt
-shallow emotions

She spoke like that in an email. But you can bet your bottom dollar, she spoke to him like that, when no one was around.

We don't know what Terri wrote in the emails that DY & KH discussed recently in their interviews, because the content of those emails has not been released to the public, and DY & KH stated that they can't talk about the details due to the ongoing investigation.

We know that DY was deeply distressed by what she read, but we don't know the specifics. Whatever it was, it seemed to have affected her very strongly - she was in tears when she talked about it in her interview.

My heart goes out to Desiree. I hope she's receiving a lot of love & support right now.

:hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back