DETECTIVES: Chris Jenkins murder connects dozens around country

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Back to the actual cases: The mention of the cargo van caught my attention. Wasn't this mentioned in another case of a missing person on the East Coast? Something about a fake taxi?

I'm not sure I remember exactly, but weren't there some pictures of two kids (a boy and a girl) tied up in a white van several years back? It was thought the kids were some missing children but the van and the kids were never found.

And didn't the guy that murdered the young lady early this year at the state park drive a white van? I'm sorry I can't remember the names right now, I didn't follow the cases closely.

What exactly is a cargo van?

Salem

The numbers of kids missing/drowned in Wisconisn alone should have alerted LE to some sort of serial killer. Why did it take NY detectives to piece this together? This is especially troubling to me as my daughter goes to school out there. There's a lot of strange things happening in her college town...but it seems that LE are a bit clueless. They've been unable to solve the 3 murders of young people that have occurred there in a year.

Even the FBI looked at it and said they were accidents. They simply didn't investigate it well enough and chalked them up. It has bothered me for such a long time. I am so glad these Detectives and the Professor have all taken it upon themselves to do their jobs.

Even the FBI looked at it and said they were accidents. They simply didn't investigate it well enough and chalked them up. It has bothered me for such a long time. I am so glad these Detectives and the Professor have all taken it upon themselves to do their jobs.

Same here. In one of the vids that were released last night, a reporter explained that the FBI merely looked at the case files that local LE provided to them. And we know the case file for Chris was wrong. So others probably are as well.

Well these murders are not only disturbing but inter related. It is sad that no one previous to the NY detectives were looking for clues. The smiley faces are definitely a signature of some type..which is very rare in serial crimes. Killers may use the same means and access to kill , but rarely leave the same signature over and over. I am not talking about MO , but a signature. The ones that do are not only taunting LE , but if they are part of a crime ring leaving a message to other members.

I think we may be looking at a group of men who were raped as teens, and as adults have become part of an internet *advertiser censored* ring that deals with rape and torture of other men.
Then they dispose of the bodies in the easist access possible at their location. At the same time throwing off LE by leaving personal objects of the vic in another spot.

Thanks SuziQ.. I will be interested to see what info that unvails for us.

Well these murders are not only disturbing but inter related. It is sad that no one previous to the NY detectives were looking for clues. The smiley faces are definitely a signature of some type..which is very rare in serial crimes. Killers may use the same means and access to kill , but rarely leave the same signature over and over. I am not talking about MO , but a signature. The ones that do are not only taunting LE , but if they are part of a crime ring leaving a message to other members.

I think we may be looking at a group of men who were raped as teens, and as adults have become part of an internet *advertiser censored* ring that deals with rape and torture of other men.
Then they dispose of the bodies in the easist access possible at their location. At the same time throwing off LE by leaving personal objects of the vic in another spot.
I don't disagree with you often, but here I find a need to. You are going into something that surely does not relate here.

I'm still frankly surprised to hear this might be a "gang" although I know they are probably using that term lightly. Or maybe not.

Nothing would surprise me anymore. It could be like DeltaDawn says and maybe they share videos of what went down.

Like I said, I'm still bamboozled. I really thought this was the work of one person, moving from campus to campus finding their next victim.

I don't disagree with you often, but here I find a need to. You are going into something that surely does not relate here.

Which part SS, the *advertiser censored* ring of men raped as teens or the signature part? I am always open to other opinions. And I do value yours.

It makes me wonder if the "signatures" have been overlooked in other locations because they thought it was a done deal COD-drowning. Period.
I definitely think that those responsible have something against those that have the priviledge of being able to attend college. It's almost as if they're taunting their "smarts" in carrying out these horrific crimes.

It makes me wonder if the "signatures" have been overlooked in other locations because they thought it was a done deal COD-drowning. Period.
I definitely think that those responsible have something against those that have the priviledge of being able to attend college. It's almost as if they're taunting their "smarts" in carrying out these horrific crimes.

That could very well be true. I can't wait to see the rest of the video about this.

You asked and this was it: I think we may be looking at a group of men who were raped as teens, and as adults have become part of an internet *advertiser censored* ring that deals with rape and torture of other men.

I have to disagree.

Okay, thanks for replying SS.

I think whatever/whoever these people are they are leaving that smiley face not only as a clue to detectives but to each other. Is there a gang or frat that uses the smiley face as part of their sig? Have a happy day..wasn't that the slogan that went along with the smiley face? Are they using the smiley face to taunt LE?

Kristi is goingto be on GMA Monday morning along with the detectives. After that appearance they will be holding a press conference.

The second part of the video she discusses that the station has been swamped with emails and phone calls from people who think they may know of other cases and vics that the detectives need to look into. I doubt we will hear any personal response to the email I sent requesting a way to contact the detectives.

http://www.kstp.com/

As of yesterday,

50% of the missing/drowned young men were college students
42% had been reported to have been drinking and/or inebriated
72% were from the midwest (by midwest, I'm speaking of the western great lakes region)

So, contrary to what our usual sensationalistic media has to say, the missing/drowned young men were most certainly not ALL college students. And, contrary to what LE claims, these cases do not appear to be PURELY alcohol related. If anything, the most striking thing about them is that 72% are situated in the midwest with a concentration in the La Cross & Eau Claire Wisconsin areas.

That said, after watching the second vid, I'm less inclined to think these two detectives are onto... well... anything. For a number of reasons, the least of which involves the statement by LE spokesperson, "Bring us evidence, not more theories." The other thing that raises questions to my mind wrt this latest theory is that they seem to be sweeping all of the missing/drowned cases into one grand conspiracy. Which, imho, makes it less viable.

Furthermore, while I was admittedly growing skeptical after finally finding time to listen to the first interview (where they referred to these alleged disparate groups as "pods"), what clenched it for me is the ludicrous "Smiley Face Killer" moniker that the talking heads dreamed up last night. This indicates to me these detectives have nothing more than a bunch of smiley faces that were found where these boys "allegedly" went into the water.

Yet, if you read the Jenkins case, the cost for determining where he went into the water was $100K. So, are these detectives saying they've spent half a billion dollars to determine where all 60 boys entered the water? Doubtful. Unfortunately, from where I sit, this appears to be a case of confirmatory bias at its finest.

And finally, as far as whether or not there's a serial killer (or killers) preying on young men in the midwest? I think that is possible. I am however very doubtful this is a case of some nation-wide smiley face killer gang.

Btw, and as an aside, for the person who wondered, the slogan that went along with the smiley was "Have a nice day" and Stephen King's "Stand" was about an apocalyptic "final battle" between good and evil, that was brought on by the release of a genetically engineered fast-spreading virus.

I think the more appropriate catagorization by the media should merely be the age range, the suspicious nature under which they disappeared and where they were found. The college connection shouldn't be the only connection. IMO, that would wrongly include cases that aren't related and exclude some that could be. Sometimes men do get drunk and sometimes accidentally drown or commit suicide. So not all of the cases will be found to be related. I think there's more likely to be a single serial killer or two working together than a gang. I think we may find that most of the cases outside the upper great lakes region are not related to The River Killers. I'm struggling with the gang theory myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sugarlandpsychologicalass