Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

We happen to know a man in his late 50's who has had a girlfriend for about 7 or more years. Problem is, she lives with another man. This man has spent thousands on this (at the time it started she was 21 or 22) even though she loves another man, has a child with him, lives with him & has told this man she doesn't love him as well as she told all of us. We call her his "pretend" girlfriend. It makes him feel less lonely, & more manly, we guess. His stories about the two of them are as believable as SP's. The young girl of course takes all the money she can get from him anymore, btw...

It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen besides SP and his delusions...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-missing-war-words-escalates/story?id=14385180&page=2

Josh denies it. Susan is just flirtatious by nature but there was nothing going on with his father and her.

When told of his father's revelation that he had a flirtatious and sexually charged relationship with his daughter-in-law -- and that it was typically initiated by her -- Josh Powell denied it, but also said that any flirtation has to do with his wife's nature.

"There was nothing like that. She's a very flirtatious person. But that's just her
personality. You know, it's -- it's part of her friendliness," he said.

So does he think his dad is lying or delusional?
But supposedly he was there stage-directing Steven's performances. :waitasec:

Is it possible he's going for a Casey Anthony defense? "You can't prove my dad didn't do it, so leave me alone"

I hope LE is paying attention to every word that Steve P. is saying about Susan. This sounds so much like a delusional older man who went after a young, beautiful woman who then rejected him and now he has to make himself sound good. Like Susan initiated the sexual advances by flirting with him, so it's really not his fault, even though he enjoyed these encounters. It's not his fault that they were falling in love, and oh, by the way, Josh didn't know about their little game, so were they planning to ever tell him, I wonder? WAKE UP, Josh!! Are you listening?? Your wife was in LOVE with your FATHER, but it wasn't HIS fault.. she MADE him do it!! It's all HER fault!!

GAG!!!!!!!

You know, from everything I've been reading the past few days, I'm starting to get a really weird feeling about this guy. I know he hasn't been named a "POI," but maybe he should.

I wonder what his alibi is for the day before, of, after, and 2nd day after, Susan went missing? He's starting to look like a good alternative POI and, or, accomplice both before and after the fact. :waitasec:

According to J, being alleged as an X of this guy's, he's been obsessed with Susan for almost 10 years, up to the day Susan disappeared. Hmmmmm..................and I think I recall, even recently, reading that the few days just before Susan went missing, JP had spent hours each day on the phone talking to SP......What was the topic of discussion that took hours and hours for father and son to be talking about?..................premeditation?

LOL, I understand that from reports I read today that LE took SP's journals from the home! Oh, and SP said they could be 'embarrassing' to him. Guess he should have been careful what he wished for when he was threatening to publish Susan's childhood diaries.

I believe that what LE is going to find in those diaries, is a man who is hopelessly in love with his son's wife, a much younger and beautiful woman, who wouldn't give him the time of day. They may even find a plot inked by the FIL, to get the son and his family back to his fold, so that he can continue to stalk and force unwanted advances on this poor unsuspecting woman.

See Steve, this is how it works, "Thou doth protest too much!"

Now some of the suspicion has been taken off your son, but YOU now seem a POSSIBLE better POI for the disappearance and POSSIBLE murder of Susan Powell!

MAYBE, YOU, Steve Powell will feel the clutches of LE when they make the arrest for the kidnap and murder of Susan!

Wow! How a day can make a difference.

JMHO
fran

PS...Oh, and Steve, you can clam up with LE all you want. You see, YOU and Josh too, already gave LE your statements and MOTIVE! The opportunity is there, now they just have to find the means and be assured they can prove it to a jury of your peers.

Because, if it WASN'T you Steve, it was your son Josh, and or both complicit in this crime. Oh, and yes, there's a crime. Susan would NEVER leave without her boys and as she was saving for her escape from you whiney, snivling son, and you BOTH want everyone to believe she left without even her purse! Oh good grief! You should have watched more than CSI. It no longer applies "With no body, there's no crime." .............Have you ever asked around to find out if your mom REALLY went to her relatives when your grandparent's and dad kidnapped you and your sibling(s)? She just let your dad steal you and never looked for you? Really? or did she just DISAPPEAR WITHOUT A TRACE and no one looked for her? NOT even YOU?

Sorry, it no longer works that way.

Where is Susan?

BOO!
:seeya:

So now we find out that Steve offered LE Susan's childhood journals if they'd return Susan's ADULT journals. Oh Steve, what have you done?

Steve wanted her adult journals, because he was HOPING she'd written about him. Oh, I'm SURRRRRE she did, but I don't think you'd like what she said. Why do you think LE wanted your *advertiser censored* stash. They wanted to see what under-garments you had of Susan's. Oh, and you know, DNA will be performed.:detective: eeewwww..........

How come Steve didn't have a journal after '09?

Steve, what did you do?

:nono:

fran

IMO, JP and his dad wanted the more recent journals back because they are more likely more damaging and related to Susan's disappearance. Those two have probably been sweating wondering what Susan wrote about them. Now I know why JP and SP were threatening to release the childhood journals. They were trying to use the childhood journals for blackmail.

I have been reading and reading all these articles with SP flapping his jaws and that man is scary ! His obsession with Susan has put my hinky meter on high alert.
Crush on Susan is putting it mildly, IMHO he is a stalker and the scary kind at that.

I had a stalker for many years, the man would drive hundreds of miles to deposit a child support check in my mailbox so he could watch my house, he paid people to watch me, you have no idea the things he would do. I was scared to death that one day he would do me in, every day I looked over my shoulder where ever I went and took precautions to keep myself safe, for over 8 years mind you.

I don't think I would knock SP off as a POI, something is really, really wrong with that man.

moo...............................................................

In this radio Interview ... http://www.knrs.com/pages/rod.html?article=9025399
The host asks Steve, why he is going to the media and saying Susan made sexual advances towards him?

At 4:47 mark- Steve Powell says "We're pushing back and basically saying what we know and what we think and uh, you know, the Cox's have gone out there and said that Susan Powell was Saint Susan, you know. The female version of Jesus Christ, no sins whatever. That's not true, and part of the reason I know it's not true is because of the way she interacted with me in a very sexual way, all the time Rod, all the time, for the eight years I knew her".

Steve goes on to talk about the period right after Josh and Susan married and were living with him for three months. He says Susan would do very titillating things in his presence. He never talked to Josh about what Susan was doing, because Susan never told Josh either. Bottom line is that neither one of them ever shared this with Josh.

So at what point did Steve tell Josh Susan was coming on to him?

Steve says he told WVPD about his "special relationship" with Susan right off the bat back in Dec 09?

Is there a thread in specific on SP, like where he was, what he was doing around the time Susan disappeared ?

"Crush" isn't really the proper word, for this thread, IMO...
Some sick fixation or perversion for his son's young wife, maybe...not a crush.

I think SP is a woman hater and has passed that defect on to Josh. I think the chances that he is closet homosexual are much better than him being the love song writing ladies man he likes to portray. :) (btw..not labeling gay males as woman haters) He seems to enjoy bashing Susan's character as a floozy and could care less. He will gladly gang up with Josh against Susan. He is also giving Susan's mother a verbal character beating, as well as his daughter Jennifer. Have to wonder what kind of person his other daughter Alina must be to stay in his graces. Josh's history in the marriage portrays the same behavior of dominance over women. Yet they are the wimpiest of men in character, appearance, body language and behavior.

I wouldn't call Steve a woman hater, quite the opposite, actually. He obviously loved Susan. He may think of women as being 'beneath' him, though. They are sexual objects, not valued in their own right, except as 'toys' to give him pleasure and excitement.

I think he is in love with himself, and sees himself as some type of god, he is a control freak. He probably loves his sons more than he does his daughters. And if they strongly disagree with him, he has no problem disowning them.

I cannot imagine why he would think he is being taken seriously with these latest interviews, or why he doesn't realize how despicable he sounds. He thinks it's fine for him to have sexual feelings for a daughter in law, and as long as he says that it was HER fault, then that will be understandable and forgiven. SHE came on to him, and eventually the temptatation was just too great, so he had no choice but to
'fall in love' with her.

And I cannot imagine what Josh is thinking about dear old dad right now. Do either one of them ever stop to think that these revelations just SCREAM motive??

I've known and heard about some really weird families before but this one tops them all. Did anyone else notice the looks on the faces of some of the interviewers while Steve was mouthing all that garbage? They were as repulsed as we all were!

ETA: Now I wonder if he ever tried to sexually molest one of his daughters?

I wouldn't call Steve a woman hater, quite the opposite, actually. He obviously loved Susan. He may think of women as being 'beneath' him, though. They are sexual objects, not valued in their own right, except as 'toys' to give him pleasure and excitement.

I think he is in love with himself, and sees himself as some type of god, he is a control freak. He probably loves his sons more than he does his daughters. And if they strongly disagree with him, he has no problem disowning them.

I cannot imagine why he would think he is being taken seriously with these latest interviews, or why he doesn't realize how despicable he sounds. He thinks it's fine for him to have sexual feelings for a daughter in law, and as long as he says that it was HER fault, then that will be understandable and forgiven. SHE came on to him, and eventually the temptatation was just too great, so he had no choice but to
'fall in love' with her.

And I cannot imagine what Josh is thinking about dear old dad right now. Do either one of them ever stop to think that these revelations just SCREAM motive??

I've known and heard about some really weird families before but this one tops them all. Did anyone else notice the looks on the faces of some of the interviewers while Steve was mouthing all that garbage? They were as repulsed as we all were!

Good post; you've described my thoughts perfectly.

Can you imagine what's going on in that family now that dad admitted to being in love with Susan and having a sexual relationship? Surely Josh knows how sick this sounds! How could he stay there with the boys knowing his dad was in love with (and made advances to) his own wife?! And now the whole world knows it, too! How is he going to reconcile this? He's the weak link here; maybe this will eat at him so much and he'll break.

What incredible control dad must have.

IMO

Steven Powell also admitted that Susan became upset when his advances toward her became increasingly overt. "When I took liberties or whatever, she became very upset and accused me of hitting on her," he said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...ssion-with-Susan-as-2143085.php#ixzz1WB8PfO7K

BBM. That's an admission it was him and not Susan if I ever heard one.

Thank you for that article, BeanE.:heart: Did you notice, all within the same article there's conflicting statements by Steve. One, she became upset when his advances became overt and OTOH, the advances were instigated by Susan. I noticed an article yesterday, where reporters are starting to take note of, and reporting the inconsistancies in the father and son's statements. They're even showing QUOTES from the previous contradictory statements and talking about them in the video news reports.

See Steve, you don't need to go downtown to talk to LE, you just open your mouth to reporters and you tell them exactly what LE wants to know. That goes for your coward son as well. He can run, he can hide, but he just can't help himself when there's a camera and a mic. Josh's fake tears are as obvious as Scott Peterson's during his Diane Sawyer interview. You remember Scott Peterson who's sitting on Death Row in California for murdering his 7 1/2 month pregnant wife Laci and the murder of his unborn child Conner? :(

Oh and Steve, even the camera crews are catching on to you and Josh's little game. Josh just couldn't help himself, making it obvious during one of your interviews, when he stood behind the interviewer and was motioning for you to make a certain jesture. LOL, the crew member said he'd never seen anything like it. :rolleyes: Maybe Josh should stick with his day job. Oh, wait, does he have one? or is he still using the boys as his excuse to hide from the world? and live off you? Don't you get sick of these lazy grown children living on YOUR dime?

I saw two FBI experts on tv yesterday talking about you Steve. One an FBI profiler said the FBI has a NEW suspect. I know LE said they've cleared you as a suspect, but you do realize LE can lie, right? Makes you wonder, huh? Are they watching you?..........BOO!.............Oh, and the second FBI expert also said YOU MAY be LE's new target. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it? :bang: LOL.

:eek: You sure looked nervous in one of your interviews yesterday. Kinda' :panic: about LE having your journals and the photos you took of Susan. You said they're embarrassing, :noooo: Now you know how Susan's friends and family felt about you releasing the musings of an 8 year old child's and you trying to say this is the mind of a 28 yo woman and mother, that she had mental problems and she was emotionally abused by her mom and controlled by her dad? OH, and trying to say, or Josh said, Susan tried to commit suicide at different times. With Tylenol? Are you kidding me? Shows that you and your son aren't exactly mental giants. :croc:

I guess rather than the FBI paying for your or Josh's attorney for you to talk to LE, YOU might give a criminal defense attorney a retainer and ask him for some advice... IF you could find one that would represent you, after you made such a fool of yourself this past week.:noooo: Even Ann Curry thought your statements and claims were bizarre. She was just shaking her head in disbelief! :crazy:

I'm sure now you've had second thoughts about coming out of the closet, you might say, that you were obsessed with Susan. But as you can see from when this thread was begun by the owner of Websleuths Tricia, we were already onto you. It was already out. Now YOU and your son made it NATIONAL NEWS. Thanks!:tyou: Now the world knows what type of people you are. How's that working out for you?... OH, one more thing, have you noticed how people stop talking when you enter a room?:doorhide: or have you noticed co-workers whispering and looking at you at the same time? Guess WHO they're talking about?

Like I've already said, thanks for letting the world know what type of people the Powell family is. Maybe now we can get down to the point of this whole case.

Where is Susan?

JMHO
fran

PS....sorry for this to be so long. But, Steve, tell Josh we haven't forgotten about him. No, he's still the ONLY named POI in Susan's disappearance and POSSIBLE murder. Nah, he's just the type of coward that can only pick on someone weaker than him, like a woman! But from what it looks like, he may not even have been able to take care of Susan while conscious. Did he put something into the pancake and eggs dinner he made her? She sure got ill suddenly and quickly after he spent FOUR HOURS preparing such a simple meal. Was it because you had to talk him through it? Did you know? Were you angry because you KNEW Susan was going to leave Josh and you'd never get your chance at Susan? Was that it? YOU couldn't have Susan so no one else could either? Is that why your journals LE confiscated stopped in '09? You were ANGRY and you KNEW there was a chance LE could come and you destroyed them? or you had them WITH you? Where are they Steven?

Steven, what have you done?

http://www.stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/SingerSongwriter.aspx

And now that I am finally putting some of my songs, arrangements and performances into a more or less permanent audio form, I occasionally think of what it will be like for my own grandchildren to put a disk into the player and know that "grandpa wrote that song."

BBM. Wait til they figure out he wrote it about their missing mother! Sick...truly sick.

'fall in love' with her.

I'm still going with woman hater..deep seated. Love has nothing to do with his obsession of her. It is about control, dominance and sexual prowess...feeding his own ego and fantasy needs. It is all about him, nothing about her. She is an object, you are correct. Women hating men still do obsessively pursue females.. but not for love. All this nonsense about how he fell in love with her and how it was mutual is nothing but a diversion, a smokescreen. He is lying to make Susan look like the perp in the situation, not the victim. They want us to believe she ran off with another man being that she was such a "sexual person". It's disgusting. If that isn't hateful, cold-blooded, manipulative, self-serving behavior...I don't know what is.

Is SP planning on retiring and moving soon?

Can you just guess what kind of guy/father SP's father was? Married 4x's, taking the kids away from their mother. I bet he treated women awfully. SP likely grew up learning this behavior, replayed it in his own life and passed that disrespect of women onto Josh. Josh totally disrespected Susan, was selfish in the marriage, put her down, financially used her, controlled her money and had no idea how to be a decent husband or person. He does not know what love is. He is one confused individual with his inherited demons. His affect is so flat, emotionless. Whiny, poor me isn't an emotion. It's a symptom of his sociopathic and narcissistic personality. And Susan did what I am sure the wives of SP's father and SP did. They likely got to the point they wanted out.... with the kids. And they left. Josh cut Susan off at the pass.

This is definitely another case of extreme familial dysfunction like the Anthony's. All families are a bit dysfunctional, but the majority aren't driven to murder by those dysfunctions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back