• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's what they based their entire case on!!!! Was the how! And then they couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

What are you talking about? Based there case on what?

And how can you take anything Jose Baez says seriously when he blames the police for not "reading Casey;s mind" and guessing it was an accident? I mean, seriously??? It's their fault they didnt know it was an accident? Even though they repeatedly asked her and she kept denying? Even though her parents refused to even consider that Caylee was dead? The fact that he called them DESPERATE, when they spent so much time and effort searching for a live Caylee??? Even if you believe the crap about an accidental drowning, I cannot believe any reasonable person can blame the police for this. The ARROGANCE of trying to insult them when they bent over backwards to help find Casey;s daughter, even when she did everything in her power to stop them. I have never been so disgusted in my life. How can anyone believe anything this man says, after he acts in such a DISGUSTING, COWARDLY, MANNER???
The only police to blame in this whole ugly mess is Officer Richard Cain. Had he done his duty and bothered to investigate, rather than harassing Roy Kronk, Caylee would have been found in August, and it would have been a more airtight case!!!

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but what do you mean by them basing their entire case on the how? It was part of the case, but not the entire case. They also presented Casey;s failure to report Caylee dead/missing, her lies to family and police, the body stashed in the car, the careless and heartless way the body was dumped (yes, dumped, sorry Jury Foreman, thats what happened), the proof on the body tying the body to Casey, her sick tattoo, her happy behavior. I dont see how the cause of death was their entire case?

I'm not concerned about the jury. They have spoken. But I have questions about us. Especially hearing attorney Wendy Murphy on one of the news shows today. She claims Casey wasn't driving her own car during the day on the 17th but she was driving Toni's car.

I've always had this nagging question about June 16.

We knew, thanks to a video, where Casey was that evening. She was visiting a Blockbuster Video store. We saw her walking the aisles with her arm around Toni.

But, I can't help but wonder - where was Casey car? Did she meet Toni at the movie store? Or did she go to his place and they drove to Blockbuster together in his car, or her's? I'm sure he didn't drive to her home and pick her up. She would have left the car there if that was the case.

Does anyone know the situation with the cars for that night?

I don't recall anything setting that straight in Toni's testimony. Who drove and what car, or did they meet?

jmo and question.

Yet again, CM is showing he's not even in the same class as Jeff Ashton.

Why you be hatin' on Jeff, Cheney? Jealous much?

Let's remember who it is we're writing about here.

This is the guy that said KC was guilty.

This is the guy that rolled into HHJS courtroom talking out of turn, disrespectfully addressing the prosecution and grandstanding.

Then he makes political comments about another case he had which are so off base that only a....well, nevermind.

Then he does pressers afterwards that demonstrate fully that he had no idea what the facts of the case were and says the case will be fun.

Then he gives HHJS the boot, which could have backfired on his client bigtime, considering HHJS is iffy on the DP.

Then he curses and shouts at a media guy that ripped over JB's bag, no where near CM.

Then he barely participates in the trial.

This is the guy who gave the bird to a reporter...classy.

He reeeeally makes it hard to respect my elders; Not only does he not earn my respect, he earns my disrespect. There is nothing "southern gentleman" about him accept his accent.

Jbean, honestly, you are giving them way more credit than I can.

Every single juror or alternate that has spoken out, has shown, by their own words that they didn't even understand the Jury Instructions.

Lovejac...so true, they didn't even take the time to understand the Jury Instructions. That alone shouldn't be debateable as the ones that have spoke out have proven that. :banghead:

Regarding the original question. The jury didn't just get it wrong, they colossally screwed up with their verdict! :mad:

What irks me the most, is when jurors try to play detective and treat this like a game of Clue. They start speculating and going away from the evidence. I mean, you have experienced detectives investigating this case for three years. The fact that a PE teacher (no offense to PE teachers) thinks that George is a murderer, when all these experienced detectives never even considered him a suspect, tells me that jurors really dont understand their role. If George did something, the police would have investigated him and presented evidence. They dont pick a person and then find evidence, they find evidence and it leads them to a person.

I understand they can doubt the state's case, I have no problem with that, but when juries start speculating that they somehow know more than experienced detectives to the point where they suspect an innocent person, who isnt even on trial, of a crime, something is wrong there. I think its arrogant, and I think there is a large part of our society who doesn't respect the police department or what they do.

I couldn't have said it better! You're right. That's exactly what they did - tried to play detective like it was a game! It would be one thing if they came out and said they didn't have enough evidence or doubted the case. But the fact that they can go on national TV and admit to speculating re: George (when he was NOT the one on trial) and not looking over evidence and saying things like "we needed COD" when that isn't required is ridiculous. They broke rules and I think it's beyond scary that our justice system has no failsafe for when jurors don't understand OR do their job. :twocents:

Jbean, honestly, you are giving them way more credit than I can.

Every single juror or alternate that has spoken out, has shown, by their own words that they didn't even understand the Jury Instructions.
Lovejac, I am just trying to listen to what they have to say. After a California jury ended up hung in a high profile case here,even with a videotape of the entire crime,I have come to realize that there is just a human element to every jury that cannot be denied; that is why a jury is always a wildcard that is unpredictable. We don't hear the rationale behind jury verdicts except in high profile cases, so if they truly did not understand the instructions I would wager it happens more often than we know.
Recently, FL simplified a portion of the instructions for capital cases and I suspect they did that because there were consistently jurors that did not understand what they were truly supposed to do and consider during deliberations.
I am not ready to hang this jury yet,(so to speak)but I have not listened to every single interview yet either.

I'm not concerned about the jury. They have spoken. But I have questions about us. Especially hearing attorney Wendy Murphy on one of the news shows today. She claims Casey wasn't driving her own car during the day on the 17th but she was driving Toni's car.

We knew, thanks to a video, where Casey was that evening. She was visiting a Blockbuster Video store. We saw her walking the aisles with her arm around Toni.

But, I can't help but wonder - where was Casey car? Did she meet Toni at the movie store? Or did she go to his place and they drove to Blockbuster together in his car, or her's? I'm sure he didn't drive to her home and pick her up. She would have left the car there if that was the case.

I don't recall anything setting that straight in Toni's testimony. Who drove and what car, or did they meet?

jmo and question.

I more or less assumed she met him at his apt. and he drove to Blockbuster. But Wendy's theory may not be that far off with her allegations. I read what she wrote and wish someone would look into this further. She claims there are pics that were TOO predjudicial for court? What is your take on this? Could be worse and different chgs. for KC?

I more or less assumed she met him at his apt. and he drove to Blockbuster. But Wendy's theory may not be that far off with her allegations. I read what she wrote and wish someone would look into this further. She claims there are pics that were TOO predjudicial for court? What is your take on this? Could be worse and different chgs. for KC?

You're right DesSands, Murphy seems to want to throw a new element into this story. And, it can give pause and have us thinking in a new direction.

But see, even you assume Casey met Toni at his apartment and they left for the movie store from there. We don't really know the circumstances behind the cars and where the date began. I think this is important.

Knowing the particulars about the cars, might give us a hint to what happened. Did Casey find a sitter for that night, and gave up her car with Caylee to this mystery sitter. Could Caylee have met her fate then?

I do not believe the drowning story. But, who sits in jail for three years when it's supposed to be an accidential death? Was Casey (hard to believe) covering for someone?

See, without the facts of the cars that night, I find my imagination going wild and finding questions that need answered. The events the evening of June 16 isn't clear to me. Dam you Wendy Murphy! Quit throwing a monkey wrench into this.
jmo

This may sound strange, but I truly believe the JURY is responsible for the anger felt by the public in this case. Their "verdict" has been based on a total lack of understanding and comprehension of the facts and the criteria needed to reach a proper verdict. This has been made painfully clear by the various interviews--one more disjointed then the next.

Sadly I feel neither the prosecution nor the defense are responsible for winning or losing the case. The Jurors through their lack of knowledge, interest,patience, but most of all laziness, were Never going to present a verdict they could sufficiently explain. They lacked the essential collective willingness to accept clarification of the court instructions. Hell, they lacked the knowledge to Even know they "lacked the knowledge". What a fiasco!!

Is their no legal recourse?? What constitutes jury misconduct?

You're right DesSands, Murphy seems to want to throw a new element into this story. And, it can give pause and have us thinking in a new direction.

But see, even you assume Casey met Toni at his apartment and they left for the movie store from there. We don't really know the circumstances behind the cars and where the date began. I think this is important.

Knowing the particulars about the cars, might give us a hint to what happened. Did Casey find a sitter for that night, and gave up her car with Caylee to this mystery sitter. Could Caylee have met her fate then?

I do not believe the drowning story. But, who sits in jail for three years when it's supposed to be an accidential death? Was Casey (hard to believe) covering for someone?

See, without the facts of the cars that night, I find my imagination going wild and finding questions that need answered. The events the evening of June 16 isn't clear to me. Dam you Wendy Murphy! Quit throwing a monkey wrench into this.
jmo

I am one that believes Caylee was murdered the 15th by her mother.
She had been up texting Tony all night long. She was on a high for sure.
I thought cell phone pings showed Casey leaving her home, driving to Tony's around 4 pm on the 16th????

I am one that believes Caylee was murdered the 15th by her mother.
She had been up texting Tony all night long. She was on a high for sure.
I thought cell phone pings showed Casey leaving her home, driving to Tony's around 4 pm on the 16th????

This is just what I was thinking. I think the cell phone pings need to be revisited. Did they have these in evidence at trial? I missed some of it because of work. I would have thought the timeline with the pings would have been valuable. IMO

jmo and question.

Wendy Murphy knows nothing. If you heard her on Vinnie Politan yesterday, it was laughable. Casey had her car. She probably drove to Tony;s and they went in his car. Im pretty sure her car was at his complex while she was with him

This was brought up at the presser with the detectives yesterday. There are no unseen pictures. She is making things up out of nothing. I wouldnt listen to Wendy Murphy too much at this point

This is just what I was thinking. I think the cell phone pings need to be revisited. Did they have these in evidence at trial? I missed some of it because of work. I would have thought the timeline with the pings would have been valuable. IMO

Yeah, they were available. And they would have told Jennifer Ford that Casey did not kill Caylee in a public place or at the mall like she said, Casey went back home after George left for work and killed her there.

jmo

the bottom line is that even if we go out on a limb and postulate Caylee dying in the care of someone else, the most revealing evidence as that KC coudl have cared less. She was happy as a clam! no worries. Bella Vita!
that's what makes this premeditated murder. No mother survives and accidental death or unexpected death like KC did! no mother!

Yeah, they were available. And they would have told Jennifer Ford that Casey did not kill Caylee in a public place or at the mall like she said, Casey went back home after George left for work and killed her there.

yeah, well, that would have required reviewing the evidence. Who wants to do that?

jmo and question.

I can't remember what was said, but this alway bothered me too. However, somewhere in one of the friend's testimony...can't remember who...this was cleared up for me. She told someone the car was in the shop while someone else (Tony?) said it was parked in his aparment complex parking lot.

That said, if I'd had a body in the trunk, I probably wouldn't have been driving it around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18