• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just let a killer free, I'm going to Disneyland"- what a surreal world we live in...

I don't know if anyone was molested, but there are statements by Jesse Grund that Casey told him when Caylee was a newborn that she did not want Lee around the baby because he'd groped her.

Well, but that wasn't in evidence. I don't think that guy testified, right? And I think some of the jurors said they dismissed the molestation anyway.

The state did have to prove that she was dead due to being murdered. Not just that she was dead.

The state had to prove not only that Caylee was dead, they had to _prove_ that she was _murdered_. Being dead and being murdered are very different things.

But they did, imo, prove that something not-so-innocent caused her to be dead and dumped in a swamp. And that, even if it were an accident, her mother had the legal and ethical responsibility to seek help and report it. How is that not culpable negligence, i.e., manslaughter?

She also claimed that she could not rule out an accident because there was no evidence proving that it wasn't an accident. Well there wasn't any evidence that it was an accident either & the Jurors were instructed not to speculate. How do you come to the conclusion of a possible accident when Caylee was found with Duct tape around her face, stuffed in a trash bag & thrown in a swamp?

Yeah. I'm so confused about why the jurors dismissed the manslaughter charges. I totally agree that the first-degree murder charge wasn't airtight. But it seems the jurors forgot that even if it were an accident, Casey was culpable for not seeking help and not reporting it; and even if it were an accident, it couldn't have been an innocent one because of all the other evidence: the being dumped in a swamp, the lying about her whereabouts for a month, the three years of lying after she was found.

From Jennifer Ford's statements, it seems that the jurors were considering the penalty during the guilt phase, which I thought they were not supposed to do. And, anyway, the manslaughter charge did not carry the death penalty. Were they confused about that? Could the state have better emphasized that the accident scenario still indicated Casey's criminal culpability? And that there was more evidence of wrongdoing than of an accidental death?

In my opinion i think this jury had been talking amongst themselves for quite a while, there were special dinners special events and id bet my last dollar that these 12 ppl were talking about this trial i also think there was one or more persons with a very strong opinion of not guilty verdict and instilled that into the others.

This JURY never even asked to see any of the evidence didnt read any of the transcripts
look at any pictures nothing, I think they walked into that deliberation room with a verdict and only waited till the next day to read it. I am appaled at these 12 ppl and i hope they are seeing with open eyes all the things Casey Anthony has done that they maybe were not aware of. Pinellas county is not far from Orange County and i know these ppl knew all about ICA some maybe moreso then others but I would love to know if any of these ppl were seen with or talking to others Im not so sure there was not some jury tampering.
JMO

That's the picture I'm getting---dinners, fireworks, sports nights, all intermingled with talk about the case. I think they've discussed the case from the beginning. 10 hours of deliberations = no justice for Caylee.

Brainwash:
There was no murder.
This child's death was an accident.
Casey didn't kill Caylee.
There is no proof.
There is no evidence.
Voodoo science.
Morally bankrupt individual.
Lacks fatherly instinct.
Framed his own daughter.
Distanced himself.
Reported gas cans stolen, who does this hahahaha?
At thirteen father's penis in mouth.
At eight father came in room and molested.
Brother touched inappropriately.
Raised to lie.
Raised to keep it in.
Imaginary friends.
Imaginary world.
There is no evidence.
He had an affair.
Accident that snowballed out of control.
Wonderful mother.
Doting mother.
Amazing mother.

Add to this:

No one knows how this child died.

90% in that poll question on the page says they agree with the jury verdict that ICA not guilty of murdering her daughter. Makes me wonder how many even voted. What a load of carp.
Someone probably used a script to rig the voting. That is way out of line with public sentiment. Definitely bogus.

I believe you are correct. I did some sleuthing too and this is what I came up with. From the looks of things- I can hardly believe this man is so needy as to really require "five figures" to discuss what he did in service to the tax payers and the justice system. What an entrepreneur. He was the first one to let it be known that he could be had for a price!

I tried to quote the entry which I will now cut and paste below...

February
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2011

is this brian?
http://www.finnmarketing.com/bberling.html

please delete if not..

Brainwash:
There was no murder.
This child's death was an accident.
Casey didn't kill Caylee.
There is no proof.
There is no evidence.
Voodoo science.
Morally bankrupt individual.
Lacks fatherly instinct.
Framed his own daughter.
Distanced himself.
Reported gas cans stolen, who does this hahahaha?
At thirteen father's penis in mouth.
At eight father came in room and molested.
Brother touched inappropriately.
Raised to lie.
Raised to keep it in.
Imaginary friends.
Imaginary world.
There is no evidence.
He had an affair.
Accident that snowballed out of control.
Wonderful mother.
Doting mother.
Amazing mother.

This is a poem. I wish I could post it on my facebook page---with credit to you, of course. Imagine reading it with no knowledge whatsoever of this case. It says it all.

I guess it comes out sounding like people...myself.... are mad at the jurors for what they decided...I suppose it's what's coming out about "HOW" they decided and "WHY", that is causing an uproar and leading to questions about their methods.
If you THINK you're doing something right, you're not gonna ask questions....the only way you figure out you got it wrong, is when it's done, then do it the right way. AND, in this case, there's no "do overs". The jurors were obviously interested in the OUTCOME, as opposed to the correct way they were "supposed" to arrive at that decision they were ONLY deliberating.

Humor me....

Case in point....often times, when I buy something that needs to be put together, instead of reading and following all the "confusing" and "long winded" directions, going Step 1, 2,
2a, 2b...."blah, blah, blah" ....I "think" I can just look at the "picture/diagram" and see where the arrows point and "git 'er done"....LOL
BUT...come to find out...the picture doesn't show that the screws, bolts, etc. are "color coded" and NOT interchangable - even though they "kinda" fit in the hole. AND....the REAL, supposed "confusing", directions would have told me that the screws with the end painted blue, needed to go here, instead of THERE, because then, the bolts coded red would FIT properly.
AND...another thing.....you can't put the middle shelf in before the top one...LOL

Sooo....this is why "I" am questioning the deliberations/decisions.

CM's diagram in his closing, "over simplified" the process, like the "picture" I used the FIRST time to build my bookshelves - I BELIEVED I totally had it right from the diagram, and didn't HAVE to go thru or pay attention to the instructions, because they weren't gonna tell me anything much different - except CM's picture didn't even tell me that there were "other" considerations and options which were needed to make a correct decision, he "forgot" to include them , AND his diagram/picture had the jury considering points they didn't NEED or weren't SUPPOSED to be a factor in their deliberating.

And, here comes in the "picture" instead of "directions"....JBP gave the jury the "directions" correctly AND understandably, as were to be followed by law, to come to the legally CORRECT decision...BUT, IMO, it might have been far easier for the jurors to look at the "picture/diagram" introduced by CM, and "git 'er done", as opposed to doing it the RIGHT way, the way it "should" have been done, had they taken the time to do so.....and learn about those "color coded" screws and bolts that were explained in the directions.Unlike my book shelf I took apart and followed the "directions" and got it done the right way....we're done with this case...and, even though MAYBE the wrong decision was made by taking the "simple" route and by paying attention to only the pictures....this can NOT be undone, nor taken apart and done the RIGHT way.

I think you are more than right. There is no way a group of 12 people could have made their way through discussing and coming to a conclusion ON THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS ALONE in 11 hours. No way. Very complicated to sit down and say...ok can we get to this...can we get to this..
It is my personal opinion they took the packet of instructions and started from the top down...instead the lesser charges and saying could it go up to the next charge. I believe they looked at the first Capital Murder charge and said "NO" and the rest of the lessers didn't even come into play with them.:banghead:

That's the picture I'm getting---dinners, fireworks, sports nights, all intermingled with talk about the case. I think they've discussed the case from the beginning. 10 hours of deliberations = no justice for Caylee.

BBM
ITA!!
the "alternate" who started talking keep slipping up and saying "we" then correcting himself to "I". How did he know what anyone else was thinking?
They talked about it as soon as they were sequestered.
AND they did not follow the judge's instructions and didn't ask for clarification.

The wanted to go home, but if even one of them listened to the judge, the could have found her guilty of one of the lesser charges and still gone home.

Juror #3 is making it clear they didn't even try. So very, very sad.
JMO

PS: I don't get how they are allowed to fall asleep during the trial...

LOL but it didnt work on any of us !!!!

I think JB confused the crapola out of them ...

disagree...i don't think 12 responsible people could have been confused by the mish-mash bs that was spewed by the dt.

their argument was so transparently ridiculous it bordered on farce.

something else was going on

imo.

BBM
ITA!!
the "alternate" who started talking keep slipping up and saying "we" then correcting himself to "I". How did he know what anyone else was thinking?
They talked about it as soon as they were sequestered.
AND they did not follow the judge's instructions and didn't ask for clarification.

The wanted to go home, but if even one of them listened to the judge, the could have found her guilty of one of the lesser charges and still gone home.

Juror #3 is making it clear they didn't even try. So very, very sad.
JMO

PS: I don't get how they are allowed to fall asleep during the trial...

The jurors had time to meet and talk after the jury was dismissed.

I think you are more than right. There is no way a group of 12 people could have made their way through discussing and coming to a conclusion ON THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS ALONE in 11 hours. No way. Very complicated to sit down and say...ok can we get to this...can we get to this..
It is my personal opinion they took the packet of instructions and started from the top down...instead the lesser charges and saying could it go up to the next charge. I believe they looked at the first Capital Murder charge and said "NO" and the rest of the lessers didn't even come into play with them.:banghead:

Actually, they were 6-6 on the manslaughter charge and spent quite a bit of time after that discussing it.

The first vote that was taken between the jurors was on the highest offense was 10-2 against first-degree murder.

“We didn’t know how she died, we didn’t know when she died,” said Juror No. 2, who was one of the 10. “Technically, we didn’t even know where she died.

“You couldn’t say who did it. To me, that’s why it was aggravated manslaughter of a child.”

The next vote was on just that charge, aggravated manslaughter of a child. The vote was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two sides hardened. They started talking over one another. The jury foreman calmed them all down.

“The six that voted guilty said it didn’t matter at what point in time she came home and found out her daughter was missing,” he said. “She had to report it in some way, shape or form, and that’s where the negligence came in.”

But some jurors, he said, had decided not to convict Casey Anthony of any charge in the girl’s death. By lunch Tuesday, the guilty side started to lose votes.

Juror No. 2 was the last holdout. Deliberations lasted for 11 hours over two days. They filed into court at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday to hand over their verdict.

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topi...ony-murder-trial-anonymously-tells-his-story/

Those of you who agree with the jury, where do you think Casey was planning to have Caylee that night? Remember, she told her mom she and Caylee would be gone, and Tony that she was going to be with him. WHERE DID SHE PLAN TO HAVE CAYLEE???????

Another thing that bothers me. Why do people argue things in Casey;s favor that even SHE didnt argue? You want to believe she had raw pork in her trunk when even she didnt say there was? You want to think Ricardo's testimony wasnt true when even Casey never denied it? It is not reasonable to argue points of innocence that even the defendant herself has never argued or refuted. That is what I would call unreasonable.

BBM~

I thought it was awesome when JA brought this up in the CS...I had not connected those particular dots before, but when he brought it up it definitely gave further credence to premeditation. Not that it made any difference, obviously, but still a good argument. :twocents:

I still can't figure for the life of me how 6 jurors could go from "MANSLAUGHTER" charge to "NOTHING" in less then 6 hours. What in the heck could change anyone's mind on such a serious charge to a "GET OUT OF JAIL" verdict........amazing. It's not like they asked to look at any EVIDENCE.

Actually, they were 6-6 on the manslaughter charge and spent quite a bit of time after that discussing it.

30 mnutes? lol
That would be quite a bit to a group who believe you can get to ANY verdict on a capital murder case involving the death of a child in 11 hours, right?:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3