Discussions about Legal Matters in Haleigh's case

I have a question, but I don't know if this is the correct thread or not. Mods please move if not.

When a sentence combined with a fine, like in Hope's case, how does the person pay this off, if they are without means and now have a record and no way to get employment? I guess what I am asking is, how on Earth can she do the 15 years, then come up with $250,000 and pay that to the court? She will be a convicted felon, no education and she owes all this money. Can she go back to jail if she can't pay it?
I had the same question last night, it was answered at the link below, post 333...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103305&page=14

But Ron needs to bail out to plan his daughter's funeral, don't you know????

I have a question, but I don't know if this is the correct thread or not. Mods please move if not.

When a sentence combined with a fine, like in Hope's case, how does the person pay this off, if they are without means and now have a record and no way to get employment? I guess what I am asking is, how on Earth can she do the 15 years, then come up with $250,000 and pay that to the court? She will be a convicted felon, no education and she owes all this money. Can she go back to jail if she can't pay it?
I tried to research this because I also wanted to know how these people could pay this amount. What I found was limited, but I did find that they have to start paying after their probation. They can make an agreement to try to make a monthly payment. The counties I researched would not take personal checks. (Gee, wonder why?.....joking) So, we can all assume that these counties chalk up the vast majority of the fines as being plain 'ole bad debt.

I am wondering why the others in jail haven't asked for a bail reduction hearing. Could Ron, or the family, know someone that may be willing to get him out for a lesser amount ?

Leonard Padilla is dying to get one of this gang out. No luck with Misty, nor Tommy, Hope wasn't elevant, who's left ? If anyone is behind it, my quess would be Padilla is being played by the Cummings now since the Croslins are off limits. JMO

Wasn't LP asked to stop bothering this case?

Does anyone know if Donna had a criminal record before this ? If she didn't and was denied the bond reduction, I don't see much hope for Ron.

She could of been denied cuz of being a flight risk since her husband lives out of state. I know when my cousin got busted for a meth lab ( not a cousin that I am close to now or when she was doing this) hers was denied because of her mom and dad living in another state. She was looking at 60 years but ended up with 5 years probation and fines along with clean-up cost for the home that she used.

Leonard Padilla is dying to get one of this gang out. No luck with Misty, nor Tommy, Hope wasn't elevant, who's left ? If anyone is behind it, my quess would be Padilla is being played by the Cummings now since the Croslins are off limits. JMO
This is what I'm worried about. He'll bail anyone out for publicity and it makes me sick.

The way I see it no one in Ron's family could bail him out, so he would have to go with someone like Padilla...that is, IF his bail gets reduced (this won't happen, IMO).

Bern..My best friend is an attorney..He said the fine is mandatory,and one that they probably will never collect,however they could attach any property she owned,however it is doubtful she owns anything..He also told me Florida no longer has parole she will serve 85% of her sentence..The judge could have given her probation following her sentence,but he neglected to do so..She will not go back to jail for failure to pay the fine,however she can never own anything or they can attach it unless it is homesteaded and even then they would get it upon her death..

I really don't think Hope even knew what she was pleading. I am not sure, but the way she talked it seemed like her lawyer told her to plead that way and it wasn't her idea. When her mom brought it up on the phone she said her lawyer plead that way and then asked her mother what she should have plead....It seemed like her mom thought she had a good lawyer, but was confused to why she was told to plea that way. I don't see her lawyer not advising her to plea another way if it would be better for her. Maybe Hope was playing dumb, but she seemed to not even understand what was going on with her case. I don't think Ron or anyone could have talked to her lawyer.....The whole thing is kinda shady and confusing.

I think because of Hope's prior arrest record she would be considered a repeat offender, and the judge could have given her the 25 year maximum sentence.

I can't see Ronald getting a bond reduction but I can sure see him trying - IMO, reserve your seats now because we're about to see a great performance (yep, another one...) by Ronald!
I can just hear it now;
Attorney: My client, Ronald C... would like to address your honor
Judge: That's fine
Ronald: Thank you your honor for letting me talk to ya' all. I went to werk one night to earn an honest livin so I could feed my two ki...my children I take care of all by myself cause the court told me I was the best parent, better than they're own mama, to be with. While I was at werk to earn an honest livin your honor, someone done gone and picked the lock or used a crow bar to break into my home and stole my ki...my heart. My bi, ahhh... girlfriend was watching em' but I didn't know my girlfriend was underage til the media donegone and reported it cause she tol' me she was 18 when I met her at my ki..my child's bus-stop. Since the media done gone and reported that I lived with an under-age girl everybody thinks I'm a child molesta' and nobody'll hire a child molesta your honor. Then my friend John.. Detective John Merchant done told me that my girlfriend was "the key" in my ki...my chil...my heart's disappearance. I was scared she'd up and leave on me so I figured I betta keep my friends close and my enemies closer. (wink)That's why I done went and married her your honor, to keep her clos..to find out where my ki...chil...my heart was. After I done went and married her everybody started cusing me of being in on it, ahhh..my child's disappearance and nobody'll gonna hire me cause they all think I done gone and killed my ki..my child your honor. So I decided to divorce her cause I needed to get a job to feed my other ki..my son. She were'nt tellin me nothing anyways bout my ki...my child's disappearance even though me and my granny tried everything to get her talkin'. We fed her, put a roof over her head, and though I'm not proud of it your honor, we even bought cigarettes for her to keep her happy. I'm guilty as charged of that, I admit it your honor and you can do with me what you all like, I ain't gonna lie bout it. After I divorced the bi...her, John told me, ahhh... Detective John Merchant your honor, that they'd never be able to prove nothing without her being in jail where they could get a really good go at her you know... to question her real good your honor and I knew the only way this was gonna happen was gonna be me putting myself "out there", you know what I mean your honor (wink). I had to make like I was right in it with her even though I was scared cause I never done nothing like that your honor. I knew UC's got them there video tapes cause John...Detective John Merchant told me bout that once so I knew if I done gone and got arrested and cused of being in on it with her, you'd all see the tapes and know that were't true - Course I had to "act" real good otherwise she'd been on to me so I'd make it look like I put a pill in my mouth but I never really did done gone and swallowed any of em' your honor - first chance I'd get, I spit em' all out but they don't show that on those there video movies your honor. Anyways your honor you can see the proof for yourself cause, just like John...Detective John Merchant said, there's done gone and been more talkin' in this case, chit...sorry your honor, even Jeff...Sheriff Hardy said that people was startin talkin and that's cause of me your honor. Sides your honor, I got another ki...son that I gotta raise all by myself cause his mama ain't no good. She's a drug-addict and she don't work and she got no insurance your honor. Now I know what you all are thinking...I don't have a job either but I'm gonna have one cause I got people who know what I done and why I done it your honor so they send me money cause they believe in what I done and they're gonna help me write a book tellin my story cause people'd pay good money for it cause of who I am. So your honor I hope you all will see what those there video-movies don't show and set me free cause Imma father of a missing ki...child and I gotta go raise my other ki...my son cause ahhh...he's my son and ahhh... I'm his daddy, not nobody else, you know what I'm sayin' your honor (wink).

Meant in humor only ~

O.M.G. Laughing my butt off. Nearly Peed my pants. I"m going to have to buy a poster frame to frame this and hang it over my computer. Will you promise to autograph it for me? LOL.

While the Judge could sign off it it, it will most likely be discussed at the next hearing.

Does anyone know why he asked for reduced bail?

BBM: Because he can, IMO. Anyone has a right to ask, but asking isn't getting.

There would have to be a hearing, IIRC, and I hope reduced bail isn't granted. He would definately be a flight risk given the amount of prison time he may be facing.

I tried to research this because I also wanted to know how these people could pay this amount. What I found was limited, but I did find that they have to start paying after their probation. They can make an agreement to try to make a monthly payment. The counties I researched would not take personal checks. (Gee, wonder why?.....joking) So, we can all assume that these counties chalk up the vast majority of the fines as being plain 'ole bad debt.

IDK about Fla. but in Missouri if your family sends any money to the inmate for canteen the state takes almost all of it towards the fine they may let them keep a few dollors of it but its minimal.

I am wondering why the others in jail haven't asked for a bail reduction hearing. Could Ron, or the family, know someone that may be willing to get him out for a lesser amount ?

Ron is already scheduled for a hearing on May 13th, so I'm thinking the motion has been filed now to introduce it and possibly have a ruling at that hearing, rather than introduce the motion at the hearing and have to wait for another hearing to have the motion denied. (I'm optimistic it will be denied.)

nomoresorrow, too funny!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back