Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Thank you. I call 'em as I see 'em. Most people in my real life find me very opinionated. This is my outlet to express it. Grateful I found this forum when Scott Peterson was doing his interviews.

2. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

How do we know it was a one juror hold out?

3. sammie

sammie New Member

That's why I think we will get some harsh comments from the Judge when she hands down her LWOP sentence to the evil murderer on April 13. I know it won't resonate with the convicted murderer, but might give the rest of us some satisfaction, and hopefully by that date the Alexanders will have come to terms with the DP not being given, and will understand it wouldn't have changed anything in the long run.

4. sammie

sammie New Member

The other 11 jurors and the alternates talked to the press afterwards.

5. Wynegyrl

Wynegyrl New Member

May I just say in all fairness, if this juror really feels strongly and just in her opinion she should show her face and speak proudly on her own behalf to the media. I know I would in such an important matter, backlash or not earn respect! Not saying I have the same belief, just want to clarify that right quick!

6. sammie

sammie New Member

They are despicable human beings for acting like that...they both got RICH off the taxpayers of Arizona.

7. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

There certainly were in the first trial, OBE, a handful. You were right there with me arguing the other side - why we, as DV survivors, didn't believe she'd been abused. As always, much more eloquently and beautifully than I ever could. :hug:

I'd like to believe though any and all abuse survivors could see through someone like Jodi - especially since she is pretty much the epitome of an abusive personality.

8. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

In her messed up head..ONE is all it takes and ONE is all she got, so she's good.

9. sickofitAll

sickofitAll New Member

Time for cameras in the deliberation room...if they're gonna represent us...they need to be held accountable...

10. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I'd rather send her postcards from Cancun saying "Wish you were here" and the revised copy of "1,000 places You'll NEVER See Before You Die"!

11. Wynegyrl

Wynegyrl New Member

justice and the law is not revenge, if you feel this way do not serve, I respect your feelings but do not taint the system.

12. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Did anyone see Juan's statement to the press?

13. daisydomino

daisydomino Active Member

Respect to her for hanging on to her beliefs. That cannot have been easy. She believes what she believes. There really isn't a whole lot else to go on with mitigation, imho.

14. rose222

rose222 Active Member

Trying to be optimistic. I believe that LWOP will be just as bad or worse for Arias. A death sentence would have provided her with opportunities to further manipulate the system. It has all been taken away from her. She will have a cage to live in and criminals for friends. Not a noteworthy life by any stretch of the imagination.

15. Wolfpack Fan

Wolfpack Fan New Member

Does anyone know what types of things Jodi would say in her statement?

I wish some rules could be made for her that she can't get anyone to tweet for her or she will go down a step. She can't, in public or on social media, make any negative comments about Travis, his siblings, or close friends. She can't sell her artwork on sites like eBay. She has to donate 50-75% of the money she makes to pay back the family if they file and win a civil suit against her.

16. MissHaley

MissHaley Active Member

I didn't hear that yet. How would they know that she sent JSS a note in secret?

17. mydirtysecret

mydirtysecret Member

Did He make one? I know he tried too make a statement in court and jss said no

18. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Him and Montgomery spoke to the press. Jen said Juan said it wasn't about him but about he family. But I missed it

19. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

How bout "Wish you weren't here, Oh wait". Da da duh

20. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

I hope they listen to the jurors because I think it will help them understand that they knew that travis was not who the dt was portraying him to be and that they knew exactly who JA was.
    I think life for JA is less climatic and take the drama and random supporters away. I think it leaves her in a hole with nothing. The DP comes with it's on set of crazy anti dp people that would champion her cause and support her.

I have said this case is hard for me. I am not a big Put them to death person but I do believe it is warranted. It must be so hard to make that decision. Yesterday I was all about life, maybe because I expected this.. But today, Listening to the jurors, Had I been sitting with them, I would have voted death with them. They were clear, They laid it all out, And they pulled out the evidence that mattered.

Sitting here, Watching by tweet or second hand joe accounts, It is not the same as sitting there everyday listening, Watching, feeling what is going on there. When I heard the jurors today, They made it easy for me to see that there was one answer. And they got it right.
    That one juror, She is the only reason that JA doesn't have dp. She should be ashamed of her conduct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.