Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 52s53 seconds ago

Jurors did not specifically ask for alternate #2. Just wanted sitting juror off. #jodiarias

-----So the jurors who WERE deliberating wanted this juror who would NOT deliberate OFF the jury.

:gaah: So WHY did JSS deny the rest of the jury's request ?

I felt like a lot of the things they (defense team) said was a low blow" Female Juror

OH...I am loving this jury. I don't want to hear from the DEFENSE.

JSS should have pulled this juror off as soon as she admitted to watching the movie and refusing to deliberate.

She can't just pull a holdout off...it would have been overturned on appeal. She did deliberate, just not willing to change her mind.

jurors liked Judge Sherry Stephens. #jodiarias Thought she has a lot of heart.

OH...I am loving this jury. I don't want to hear from the DEFENSE.

JSS should have pulled this juror off as soon as she admitted to watching the movie and refusing to deliberate.

She can't just pull a holdout off...it would have been overturned on appeal. She did deliberate, just not willing to change her mind.

That said she refused from day one. right away.

If she had, it would have most likely been overturned on appeal....think of that. She didn't outright "REFUSE" to deliberate like in the Scott Peterson trial, she just wanted to focus on the journals, etc.

I am sorry but if it went in favor of prosecution and Numi heard juror saw movie he would have asked for a mistrial, it is unfair

WOW!!! They did not have access to all the things that were in the first trial?!

I'm stunned.

That's all I can think of right now.

Stunned. Wow.

There has been so many errors in this case and most have come from JSS there is no way around that fact anymore.

Wow, speechless about them asking for the one juror to be removed. They provided evidence, and the Judge denied them.

there was a case here in texas years back where one juror refused to deliberate. she would lay on the floor, cover her ears and sing loudly when they spoke to her. the jurors BEGGED the judge to remove her and were refused. mistrial in that case too.

wow....they like sherry. i don't. :laughing:

He is happy as can be. This was not about truth or justice for him or his team. It was about winning. That is what disgust me the most.

And while he was speaking a few minutes ago, Wilmott and Maria were laughing.

That said she refused from day one. right away.

That's not what they said...they said she was unwilling to change her mind from day one...she didn't talk much..that isn't a valid reason to replace.

IMO, BK is asking good questions of the jury and getting them to open up. Jury members Talking now about not having all of the evidence that was in the first trial, and nothing was tagged. Stacks of DVDs...not really sure where to look for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong