Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please continue your discussion on the sentencing today this thread.

Please note we have a thread where you can post your thoughts to the Alexander family as their nightmare continues. I'm sure it helps them to know how many people from all over the world care about their feelings..

That thread is located RIGHT HERE

Hi guys... I'm here in Phoenix and will be tweeting from the courthouse tomorrow if you want to follow along @lisawJ13

I know it will be a heavy day for all. I'm not only thinking about Travis and the Alexanders, but I'm thinking about all of you too and hoping that tomorrow finally brings some much needed peace. :heartbeat:

Today is the day. May the Alexander family finally have some sense of closure and be able to begin the healing process. Their grief must be unbearable. I can't fathom what they go through on a daily basis. Hopefully, there will be no further delays and they can begin to heal.

Thank you to WS and all the members of this forum who have posted during this trial. It's been a crazy ride, but we are finally here. Justice for Travis.

We are all here to see a prison sentence meted out to a coldblooded killer. It has been way too long in coming. Personally, I can't call it justice as long as Travis' killer is still breathing, but I realize not everyone is as in favor of the death penalty as I am.

I am so pleased that today will be an end for the brothers and sisters to have to sit in a courtroom with their beloved brother seeming to be the one on trial. I sincerely pray their grief can truly begin when CMJA is finally in prison. Their grief will never be over, but at least it can be the clean, pure grief without their brother being slaughtered day after day in that courtroom.

Travis' sisters and brothers will be in my thoughts and prayers today, tomorrow, and always.

Looks as though today is sentencing day.

I fully expect something unexpected to happen just by the nature of this trial and the never ending circus surrounding it.

The biggest question is whether Judge Stephens will sentence her to Life with parole after 25 years, or Life without parole.

Most of the "experts" proclaim that Judge Stephens will give her Life without parole, due to the 11-1 vote for the death penalty.

As we all know, Judge Stephens seems to be completely oblivious to popular opinion and what is "normal", such as running a courtroom and keeping the defense team in line. I'd like to think that she is going to put Jodi away for the rest of her life, but I have serious doubts that she will. The latest revelation about her own assistant having it out for Martinez and siding with the defense team has me really concerned.

I can't help but wonder if the Judge and her staff haven't been influenced by Jodi's manipulation themselves. You can rest assured that Judge Stephens and Jodi have had many, many hours of face to face conversations, mainly in the Judges chambers behind closed doors and in private. I'm sure Jodi has been at her most harmless and well-behaved during those meetings and conversations.

Has Jodi been able to convince Judge Stephens that she is just an average person, that did one REALLY bad thing, just once in her life ?

Stay tuned for the closing act of the circus........coming to a lives stream broadcast near you.

Also be prepared for something outrageous and stupid to happen which will prolong this even further.

We are all here to see a prison sentence meted out to a coldblooded killer. It has been way too long in coming. Personally, I can't call it justice as long as Travis' killer is still breathing, but I realize not everyone is as in favor of the death penalty as I am.

I am so pleased that today will be an end for the brothers and sisters to have to sit in a courtroom with their beloved brother seeming to be the one on trial. I sincerely pray their grief can truly begin when CMJA is finally in prison. Their grief will never be over, but at least it can be the clean, pure grief without their brother being slaughtered day after day in that courtroom.

Travis' sisters and brothers will be in my thoughts and prayers today, tomorrow, and always.

I SO agree with everything you wrote. I, too, was disappointed the DP wasn't given. But, as katiecoolady said, it is better for the family to not have to deal with all the appeals down the road for the next 20 years that the DP would have created.

The cruelty of that trial making Travis the "bad guy" sickened me so much, I cannot imagine how it made the Alexanders feel. I am just thankful that today should bring an end to all of this and Arias will be on her way to PV.

I pray for peace in their heart for Travis' brothers and sisters, that they can finally grieve purely for their brother.

As much as LWOP is the fitting sentence, even if that is not what she gets 25 years is a long time to hope for the possibility of parole, let alone the odds of actually getting it. AFAIK there is no reduction for time served so it would be 25 years at a minimum, making Arias nearly 60 before she even has a chance. And that's if she lives that long. Maybe I'm just looking in advance for the silver lining if JSS does give her a shot at freedom one day, but if it happens Starbucks will probably be nothing more than a memory by then and life's not going to be easy for an infamous aged ex-waitress with deflated breasts and a few missing front teeth. Now that I think about it, I almost hope she does get out, when she's about 68. :)

Looks as though today is sentencing day.

I fully expect something unexpected to happen just by the nature of this trial and the never ending circus surrounding it.

The biggest question is whether Judge Stephens will sentence her to Life with parole after 25 years, or Life without parole.

Most of the "experts" proclaim that Judge Stephens will give her Life without parole, due to the 11-1 vote for the death penalty.

As we all know, Judge Stephens seems to be completely oblivious to popular opinion and what is "normal", such as running a courtroom and keeping the defense team in line. I'd like to think that she is going to put Jodi away for the rest of her life, but I have serious doubts that she will. The latest revelation about her own assistant having it out for Martinez and siding with the defense team has me really concerned.

I can't help but wonder if the Judge and her staff haven't been influenced by Jodi's manipulation themselves. You can rest assured that Judge Stephens and Jodi have had many, many hours of face to face conversations, mainly in the Judges chambers behind closed doors and in private. I'm sure Jodi has been at her most harmless and well-behaved during those meetings and conversations.

Has Jodi been able to convince Judge Stephens that she is just an average person, that did one REALLY bad thing, just once in her life ?

Stay tuned for the closing act of the circus........coming to a lives stream broadcast near you.

Also be prepared for something outrageous and stupid to happen which will prolong this even further.

What he said...

As much as LWOP is the fitting sentence, even if that is not what she gets 25 years is a long time to hope for the possibility of parole, let alone the odds of actually getting it. AFAIK there is no reduction for time served so it would be 25 years at a minimum, making Arias nearly 60 before she even has a chance. And that's if she lives that long. Maybe I'm just looking in advance for the silver lining if JSS does give her a shot at freedom one day, but if it happens Starbucks will probably be nothing more than a memory by then and life's not going to be easy for an infamous aged ex-waitress with deflated breasts and a few missing front teeth. Now that I think about it, I almost hope she does get out, when she's about 68. :)

I'm sure Travis would like to have his life back when he reaches 68 as well. The only thing acceptable to me is for Jodi to die in a cage. Unlike Travis, she'll be able to die with dignity, not slumped over with 27 stab wounds, a slashed throat, and a bullet through the head.

Where is this info?
The latest revelation about her own assistant having it out for Martinez and siding with the defense team has me really concerned.
Haven't heard of it...but doesn't surprize me...
SMH

I'm sure Travis would like to have his life back when he reaches 68 as well. The only thing acceptable to me is for Jodi to die in a cage. Unlike Travis, she'll be able to die with dignity, not slumped over with 27 stab wounds, a slashed throat, and a bullet through the head.

I would have thought the tongue-in-cheek nature of the comment was obvious, but obviously not, and that it was also quite clear that I believe LWOP to be the appropriate sentence.

Well it's Just about Monday afternoon here and I am already getting impatient.

Can't believe today is actually here,hopefully after today we hear nothing of jodi except maybe once every few years.

I am still hoping she loses her cray cray today,I mean what's she got to lose lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for us over the water am I correct in saying sentencing is due to begin at 4:30pm BST?

:seeya:

Marking my spot and I'm looking forward to the end of this :rollercoaster:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

For years I was dead against executing one found guilty of Murder 1 and belonged to the most popular organization which sought to abolish the death penalty, Amnesty International. Up close to these criminals we study at Web Sleuths, my thinking has changed. I, too, believe Jodi Ann Arias deserves the ultimate punishment as prescribed by law. As I posted earlier, I was shocked & disgusted to find a year had passed and we were witnessing the same arguments in court. That was after she served her 30 days in sol for the filthy disorder of her cell. She is undaunted by that experience, as with most others. There is little avail in bending ones mind to lethal injection, in the light of the juror who balks at delivering such a verdict. I want to hear her reasons, since the aggravating factor(s) are clear. One day she may speak to the press about this. Any way, I am stuck on the death penalty, despite whatever is arrayed against it and the poor odds of obtaining justice. Convict's heinous murder of Travis Alexander has imprinted that memory on my mind and I'll never be rid of the images. I know I'm not alone in actually feeling what he suffered, in every detail and in the sequence of her acts. Shudder!

Due to the fact of lack of sleep and waking with an irritable belly and back ache, I will also be here with you all to see how this ends up. I was planning on being at work. Yesterday, I got my phone ready with all the news stations that would be streaming and then there is Tap a Talk, so I was fully prepared. Hoping all goes as planned without a snarl to put another delay in this phase.
Nice to see you all who are here so early and it will be nice to see all who show up as the morning progresses. We were here at the beginning of this trial and will see it end together.

GOOOD MORNING!

hqdefault.jpg

Let's hope for no more delays. For JSS to bring the hammer down and never think about Missy ever again. Good riddance!! :)

I would love for someone. ..anyone to rip her apart this morning. It always seems like everyone cuddles her doing interviews or etc (not juan). Well..that's my dream anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy