Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I was shocked at Willmott outright lying about the defense not calling Travis a pedophile. Because that's just patently false.

I guess we imagined Fonseca being asked the "pervert" implications of TA emailing a 9 yo girl.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 2m2 minutes ago

Several #JodiArias jurors dressed in blue for support just met with #TravisAlexander family #abc15
CCfYW0mUkAA-eph.jpg

CMJA finally told a piece of truth today. Yes, Travis was conscious when she slashed his throat. We knew that though. She only told that truth to twist the knife into his family and friends even more. I knew from day 1 of the "fog" talk that she was lying and said many times as much, as someone with PTSD themselves. Her "fog" talk was totally untypical of what happens in trauma cases. And today it miraculously lifted after 7.5 years. How convenient.

I am repulsed at CMJA, not only for what she did to Travis, not only for what she did to his family and friends, but the damage she inflicted on domestic violence survivors and on those who live with Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD by hijacking and blaming those issues for her actions. HOW DARE SHE!

I hope that this appeal that she undoubtedly will put in is denied and she leaves Perryville in a coffin sooner rather than later.

I can never blame a mother for defending her child. But wow, too little too late and not only that, lying isn't the way to go either.

No mother needs to LIE for her child and take every opportunity to slam the victim.

I'm still floored that Jodi chose to take away the comfort that perhaps Travis wasn't conscious when his throat was slit. She wanted his family to know he suffered horrendously. The woman is pure evil.

Maybe, just maybe, they can take comfort in knowing that the woman can barely open her mouth without lying and will tell themselves that this was just another, perhaps the worst, example of that. I hope the rest of her life is pure misery and that she lives for a long, long time.

JA won't be able to successfully claim incompetence of defense and win that on appeal. She got a very aggressive defense, her defense team fought for her every single step of the way. This will ensure she really does stay in prison for life and every appeal attempt will be fruitless.

I think JSS had this long view in mind the whole way through. Keep the murderess in prison for the rest of her life, lock down any chance for a successful appeal.

Although JSS made the right decision today, some of her decisions during trial, especially allowing the secret testimony, shows she didn't have the long view in mind. She conducted this trial through fear of appeal and in secret. Something that shouldn't ever happen in the USA.

Fox 10 reporting that it is said that JA 'feels good and is ready for the next part of her life'.

Too bad Travis will never get the same opportunity.

There is a good reason JSS didn't blast JA in the sentencing. What she says is part of the appeal. Stating her personal opinions about what was said in the case could cause a good reason for appeal.

What she did say, was that she didn't feel the mitigation did not outweigh the aggravating factors. She stated, among other things, that the crime was premeditated. It was proven by the decision of the first jury and the 1st degree verdict.

She came out of the fog just to obfuscate some more. She's a pathological liar. I don't believe a word coming out of her mouth. She did it to twist the knife one more time into the family.

I can't even imagine what went through Judge Stephen's mind when Jodi said she didn't lie on the stand ,and Travis was still alive when she slit his throat because he was still trying to kill her as he tried to flee down that and and then say that Travis was still alive? I can't watch Sandy Arais spew such crap.

As much as I wanted JSS to dress her down proper... I think it's better that she didn't. JA wouldn't have given a hoot either way... if anything she probably was upset that someone else in the courtroom didn't want to waste their breath on her.

Short and sweet, now cart her off to her new home, to meet her new sisters, who didn't get an 1/8 the 'defense' that she did. She will work wonders with them, teaching them Spanish and how to recycle.

All good here.

You're probably right, but it would have made ME feel better (a wee bit of catharsis). :)

I wonder what JW's words of "encouragement" were for Jodi prior to her plea for leniency? Did JW admonish Jodi to try to seem remorseful? If JW tried to get Jodi to not attack the Alexander siblings again or their deceased brother, it backfired big time.

JSS said , paraprhasing, "the mitigating factors don't outweigh the aggravating factors," in her opinion. So that is what the jurors *should* have also found and it would have meant the death penalty.

Some more Tweets:

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 10m10 minutes ago

#jenniferWillmott is speaking to the media now #JodiArias @KTAR923

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 9m9 minutes ago

#TravisAlexander family heavily guarded leaving thru secret entrance out of fear from threats by #JodiArias supporters #abc15

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield · 8m8 minutes ago

Love. #Justice4Travis
CCfXOBGUgAAXhXD.jpg

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 8m8 minutes ago

#JenniferWillmott stated #JodiArias has showed remorse to her since day 1 @KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 5m5 minutes ago

Trial talk Live is on now! #jodiarias

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 3m3 minutes ago

#TravisAlexander fam leaves courthouse after hugs and smiles for current jury who voted #death for #JodiArias #abc15

Well I received a very important call I had to take during Jodi's statement and missed most of it. Does anyone have a link yet of her statement?

I'm trying to find this too so I can show a couple of people.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 3m3 minutes ago

Supporters release blue balloons for Travis alexander #jodiarias

CCfY93GUAAATQXx.jpg

Well she gave the right verdict, yet I'm disappointed that JSS didn't giver her a verbal bashing!!!

Although I would LOVE to hear her give the killer a verbal bashing ---I am glad she refrained. It would only be one more thing for the appeals later on. IMO

I was gob smacked. She wanted to hurt the family further and I feel she did just that. It was chilling to say the least ....

And she added that he was still attacking her at the time. I imagine he was trying to DEFEND himself at the time, but if he had been in any shape to fend her off, it would have been impossible for her to accomplish the throat cutting. That was not some desperate slashing. She would have needed physical leverage.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 5m5 minutes ago

#JodiArias atty. Jennifer WIllmott leaves court after Arias sentenced to natural life in prison. #fox10phoenix

CCfZAwCUEAEkV3P.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member