Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

Yup, that's the one I saw. How in the world would they get their names?

2. raisincharlie

raisincharlie Racing Doesn't Lie

Seems to me, the judge could have resolved this when she was passed a note from the other 11 jurors detailing the problem. I'd venture to say, judges need to resolve such issues immediately and within the spirit of the law. It is a juror's sworn duty to deliberate, refusal needs to be met with immediate removal.

3. Soulsad

Soulsad New Member

I second that. I'm 61 and look better age wise because my smile reaches all the way to my Heart.

4. daisydomino

daisydomino Active Member

Ugh, no. I'll buy you a nice cold Slime Highway at the Judge's Silent Sidebar tonight.

5. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

I wish the LDS church would pay any attorney fees for Bishop Parker suing Nurmi for defamation of character. I don't remember if tweets during his closing said Nurmi accused Parker of lying for Travis at trial or for covering for him, but both were lies which damaged his reputation imo.

6. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    This juror reminds me of a person that did not really believe in the DP and felt she would stop at least 1 person from getting a death sentence. She cant change the system but she could at least prevent 1 person from getting on death row.

A true stealth juror. And it happened last time too. Are there just this many stealth jurors out there in the world?

If so, lets abolish the DP because this is a load of carp.

7. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I think that there should be an investigation on the "private" meeting Judge Stephens had with juror #17. This stinks to high heaven.

8. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

Mods>>> Any chance of having a thread to discuss what if anything the Alexander family should say at the sentencing? I hope they talk about Travis, how great he was, how many lives he touched, and how he'll be missed. And I hope they don't bother wasting one syllable on the convicted murderer. She has no human feelings so it's not like anything they say to her will make a difference anyway. jmt

9. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Would it be ok if they "move on" after the killer is sentenced? It is NOT their fault that this has gone on for so long. Hard to "move on" until whatever justice they can get for Travis is finished.

10. Turtles

Turtles Member

One site even has links to some of their (jurors) Facebook accounts by their names . So disgusted :furious:

11. bonjoviblonde

bonjoviblonde Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's true, but this all just happened hours ago. It's going to take a little more time.

12. sammie

sammie New Member

What overhead? The state was also billed for any expenses and experts, etc.

13. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

They are supposed to be confidential unless they want them released. If someone sleuthed them I hope they get in a lot of trouble for it. I don't mean here.. I mean in general.

14. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

WOW I can't believe she has been hunted down. I begin to wonder if she did this on purpose to get her 15 minutes of fame.

15. Turtles

Turtles Member

sorry double post

16. bznbear

bznbear My beautiful son!

A hundred years ago right before the guilt phase started I kept reading headlines about the Jodi Arias trial. I always saw this pretty girl with a wisp of a smile accompanying the article, and I just assumed she was the victim. I never read anything about it. One day I heard on Fox the trial was underway and JM had just rested, and when they showed her picture they started talking about it being her mug shot.

I was gobsmacked to learn she was the defendant and what she stood accused of. That's when I started watching the trial. Nurmi was up and I sat glued to my telly trying to catch up on what had happened. I had no opinion, and I didn't much like JM at first either, until I began to see what the DT really were. She got uglier in my mind every day since.

17. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

I agree....totally!!

18. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Since they had already begun deliberating, i think all that she could have done at that point is declare a mistrial anyway because I dont think she could put an alternate in once they started deliberations.

I maybe mistaken though. Its a good question if an alternate could have been put in and make them start deliberating all over maybe?

19. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I do think that she intentionally lied in the questioning phase in jury selection. She knew exactly how she would vote all along and had no intentions to actually deliberating. Judge Stephens should have disqualified her and replaced her. I hope I don't see where she makes a single dime off of interviews or I'll implode. JMO.

20. culliac

culliac New Member

I am so glad I found this site when I started watching this trial...Any question I had about this case, I found the answers here, thanks to all the very intelligent sleuthers on this board...Thank you for that....I feel so bad that the Alexander family did not get the outcome they wanted.. I take comfort in knowing and I pray the family does as well.....that this jury saw the real truth here and that only by a simple lottery draw there was no dp verdict..... I am still praying for that family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.