Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post a synopsis of what the husband of Juror 17 said. I can't watch videos at the moment. TIA.

The link has a transcript and it's very short. They asked 3 or 4 questions, and except for the "she felt assaulted statement" he gave one word answers.

Jodi has always been a chameleon. It's gotten harder for her to hide behind a façade. Look back through the myriad of photos/video of her since before the first trial. There are photos/video where Jodi was quite attractive, while at other times, she looks awful. The superficial layers of the human chameleon have been peeled back like onion skin. Jodi can no longer hide the real Jodi. I'm 65, and I look younger than Ms. Arias :)

She manages to reveal her true self thru those twitters, IMO.

I could be very wrong but I thought that took place because Dr. Drew mentioned that day, he was having juror 17 on his show that night. It was juror 17 from the guilt trial that was scheduled that evening. If this is wrong please feel free to correct me.

That's what we speculated. But then Dr Drew tweeted out that the announcement that juror #17 would be on came after the jury was dismissed and 17 was held back and so it could not have been that. So I don't know.

OT Breaking news…Harrison Ford has crashed his plane

JSS with NOT give CMJA LWP she will look at the two juries and what they said to her afterward.....CMJA will be spending her natural life in prison. Does anyone remember where the info is on just what is going to be like for CMJA serving LWOP.

So I've just seen that video of the hold outs husband.

Felt like she was being assaulted by the rest of the jury...really???

She was the one taking things into the jury room that they hadn't heard at trial,walked in on day one and basically said I ain't voting death & couldn't give any circumstances where she would.

Grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing and reading about everything that went down today, it would not surprise me to see the judge give Arias LWP...I am just so disgusted with this whole mess.

My biggest fear. I just hope now that this got out about the juror,and 11 wanted death,she knows there will be a huge backlash if she pulls the LWP.

I've been thinking about this....

Remember the male juror in interview said, he didn't know what the trial was about until he walked in and saw CMJA and he said "Oh Crap". He knew "of" CMJA but didn't follow it like we did.

I think that the lone juror probably followed the first trial closely. She knew all about the "secret" and she knew about "laws of attraction" and then she gets called for jury duty.... found out what this trial was about, or thought she knew, she molded her answers so she could get on this jury.

A juror's number likely represents the time of their acceptance into the final pool. In this phase JSS seated 19 jurors, so number 17 would have joined the 16 others already picked before her with 18 and 19 finishing off the group.

I have to say I loved Juan's presser. He gave CMJA nothing, absolutely nothing. Just another criminal. Best thing he could have done.

And that's what she is. I saw pics of her face when JSS announced hung jury; she was not happy. And judging by her vulgar tweets she knows what the majority of the jurors think and it infuriates her. AND now she can't be 1 of only 4 women on DR! Nope no more special cornflake; just another lifer.

Turns out spa-time is good for the soul. :)

Yes, she deserved the DP and no she didn't get it, and yes the Alexanders didn't get the sentence they wanted. But it really is exquisitely perfect how it turned out.

If anyone thinks the DP meant different conditions at Perryville, you haven't read about the rules changing and how little different her day to day existence would have been in very short order, DP or LWOP. The genuine big difference is she is GONE. She will be without any outside support, ever, except for a mother 1,000 miles away and the inevitable groupies she would have had either way, and she's been robbed of the extra dozens of years she could pretend to herself she'd be free on appeal. The Slumber party book talks about how much difference it makes to be able to hold onto that hope.

Better yet, she's been robbed of any pretense she's a victim. The jury didn't believe she was a victim, and hated that she tried to victimize Travis in court. They dislike her so much they wanted her dead. They loved the prosecutor she hates, didn't believe ANY of the lies she manufactured, including *advertiser censored* on the computer. That is complete and total repudiation of HER.

The retrial revealed WAY more about her than the first. Everything she wanted to hide is out in the open. She didn't get the DP so she can't even play poster child DP victim.

And, the holdout juror has TAINTED the outcome, rightfully or not. Most folks will always believe that she should have received the DP and would have if......or, if....... That is a a hugely different and better outcome than last time, when some jurors DID believe she was abused, 8-4 thought she should be spared, and nobody questioned the legitimacy of the verdict.

I'm sure she knows she lost, and her last tweets are evidence that's so. I've been popping in and out reading the threads here and get that most folks here are angry and don't agree with what I'm saying. Hugs to you....I'm totally at peace with the outcome and ready to let go of all things JA.

PS- warning about the May 26th text. It will likely make you sad to read it. MF didn't make up her story whole cloth about Travis feeling suicidal. She twisted the truth, and she sure did lie 100% about JA being suicidal, but Travis was a deeply unhappy man in late May. JA deserved every last word he said to her on May 26, but it is also the case that he was blaming her for his own inability to kick her out of his life completely, once and for all.

One part of Travis' legacy that I'm walking away with a powerful reminder of the necessity of setting absolute boundaries and that sometimes forgiveness needs to be earned.
Speaking of Spa time: I'm hoping that a supporter somewhere provides a really nice dinner for the Alexander family, wherever they are this evening. That those that want it (specially the sisters) have some spa time and candles. They deserve to be well pampered and cared for after all of this.

(Lyric, thanks for posting this)BAH! Total BS. IMO.When the other jurors asked her what crime warranted the DP she couldn't answer.

that is it in a nutshell, she could not answer because that would give herself away. When someone avoids answering it is because they are guilty. I still blame Judge Sherry just as much if not more because she is the reason this trial got derailed and that started in the guilt phase and only got worse in this phase. In my opinion if the Judge had handled her court the right way the victim would not have been put on trial and all this other crap would have never been allowed. I watched the guilt phase and that trial was not about a murder, it was about sex, same as this phase. So all in all we have Judge Sherry to blame really, this juror just added the icing to the cake, I hope they all can sleep at night.

Who on earth could see the overkill and in still say no this does not warrant the DP. If you do say it does not warrant the DP then I truly pray you never have a loved one killed because I can assure you, that you would be praying for the DP for your loved one's murder, just as the Alexander's have!

Jail is not agreeing with her---can't follow her "beauty regime "

LOL! My sister-in-law, Peri Brown. was on Sheriff Joe's women's chain gang. She missed her Clinique cosmetics! Boo Hoo!

"The chained-up line of prisoners is not a tough, jailhouse crew of B-movies with gruff manners and trodden self-esteem. Rather, these are women who get up early to style their hair and apply jail-issue makeup. ("I miss my Clinique," inmate Peri Brown says.) After an hour spent with the chain gang, you stop seeing the stripes and start seeing their faces. Deep inside, they're just girls."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com.../0108210330_1_chain-gang-work-on-chain-arpaio

I've been thinking about this....

Remember the male juror in interview said, he didn't know what the trial was about until he walked in and saw CMJA and he said "Oh Crap". He knew "of" CMJA but didn't follow it like we did.

I think that the lone juror probably followed the first trial closely. She knew all about the "secret" and she knew about "laws of attraction" and then she gets called for jury duty.... found out what this trial was about, or thought she knew, she molded her answers so she could get on this jury.

If so,Juan did not see it

How does she tweet? And how did a website get the names of all of the jurors and post them?

BBM ~ Even if #17 was confused, 11 others couldn't un-confuse her? Something has happened and I have a feeling it got emotional for this juror and she ignored the facts and evidence the 11 others clearly saw.

ElleElle - I wallow in sarcasm, she wasn't confused, not in the least. :)

I agree with you, she got emotional over something, bulled up and refused to listen or to deliberate.

JSS with NOT give CMJA LWP she will look at the two juries and what they said to her afterward.....CMJA will be spending her natural life in prison. Does anyone remember where the info is on just what is going to be like for CMJA serving LWOP.

Report by Troy Hayden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLW3lNwJM

I also posted this link (in the previous thread) from a prisoners' rights group about conditions in gen pop at P-ville:
http://azprisonsurvivors.blogspot.com/2012/09/sos-aspc-perryville-conditions-of.html

I found her choice to describe the DP as revenge interesting because I recently watched some of Arias' interviews and in one of them that is what she states, that going after the DP would be revenge. This juror has not been truthful.

To be specific, it was a May 2013 interview

Maybe it was rumor, but I heard that the family initially thanked the 11 jurors...later they thanked the jury. How would they have known the breakdown before the jurors spoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88