Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is what's out on there on twitter, same guy who has been posting documents and been right all along. Mods can ShadyLady or someone post the transcript of Juror #17s voir dire?

I saw it on twitter and I hope we can discuss it here.

Troy
#jodiarias def atty Jennifer Willmott told me she did not know #juror17's husband was prosecuted by Juan Martinez. #Fox10Phoenix

RBBM: Sounds like Jen is back-pedaling here ...

So WHEN did Jen find this info out ?

Yesterday, like the rest of the world -- or -- during the re-trial, because if she found out then, she would have had to report it.

And if she did not report it, she would be disbarred.

:) These questions may have been answered but I have not finished the thread yet ... so back to catching up !

I'm sure she was negotiating and threw in a few threats if it wasn't extended longer.

What would be interesting now is to see the termination clauses :) (Hint hint to the County!)

I wonder if people are even letting the "county" know what MDLR is up to? There was today's publication of a post? comment? which indicated that MDLR was one of the folks in charge of JA's bank account. There was all the tweeting going on from the court room. There were the violations of court dress code. And I'm not even in on all the intrigue!

The county already has an expert team with plenty of experience in unraveling this stuff: Dworkin, Melendez, Flores..... And, as for the defense, they're going to be relying on who? Let's see.......Neumeister, the hush hush undercover agent who pretended he knew what he was doing, Geffner with some BS to cover their asses (maybe they got PTSD as the result of this trial), Fonseca to serve up a nameless someone or other's alter ego (t-juror, perhaps?), and........ha! it might cost all of Nurmi's $2 million to get a defense team for his defense team.

Well, Jodi's method was pretty effective. They could always go that route.

case, after they separated. That's the only criminal activity for ex #1 that she disclosed. And the 2008 case was about stealing cell phones. She never mentioned the earlier 1st degree case where she was with the guy. Even without Juan being involved there's no way she'd be kept on a jury involving another 1st degree murder!

Well I will throw out one glaring discrepancy , and I'm fairly new at the sleuthing game. But Juror #17 (in her voir dire) claims her then husband didn't enter prison until "they were separated", yet Troy Hayden says he was sentenced the day after they married. For a violent crime, don't they usually go straight to Prison, do not pass go and collect $200?

How could YOU NOT remember he was sentenced and went to jail the day after your wedding?

Also, the initial charge he faced was 1st degree murder, and it was later reduced, to aggravated assault. Just wow. And she was dating him for awhile before he was charged.

I haven't read everything in it's entirety, but so far the "abuse" she claims she suffered was not all that severe, at least in my book.

Who are "they"? TIA

Sorry! Have fever and the fog is setting in! I think it is Maricopa County but my memory is gone along with my sleuthing skills temporarily.

This IPAD is now doing most of my spelling. :eek:ddsmiley:

RBBM: Sounds like Jen is back-pedaling here ...

So WHEN did Jen find this info out ?

Yesterday, like the rest of the world -- or -- during the re-trial, because if she found out then, she would have had to report it.

And if she did not report it, she would be disbarred.

:) These questions may have been answered but I have not finished the thread yet ... so back to catching up !

Could the defence team really be disbarred? If they knew about this and didnt disclose.....If that happened, it wouldnt hurt my feelings one little bit..

If this is a repost, please forgive, I didn't think I have seen it here:

Prosecutors also said they're examining whether the holdout disclosed that her husband had been prosecuted by the same county attorney who headed the case against Arias.

NOT Juror # 17

Juror Emily Cova said she was relieved to hear that authorities were looking into the leak.

"I was a little nervous last night. But I'm feeling better now," said Cova, who agreed to be named.

Civil Suit: The Wrongful death suit?

Arias will remain in the Estrella Jail in west Phoenix as she testifies in a civil case. Further information on the matter wasn't immediately available.

Once her testimony is complete, Arias will be sent to prison.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Husban...uted-by-Martinez-295429721.html#ixzz3TfCKOkxU

IMO, that is exactly what #17 was. She was a rogue juror and knew she held the power to make or break the verdict. She knew that JA deserved death and she knew the other jurors knew it too. She may have tried to pretend she didn't see the evidence for death but she did and all she did was ignore it.

Does that even make logical sense? 1 held all the power and the majority of 11 people were helpless and had no power at all even though there were 11 of them. Reprehensible.

Its alarming to read that it happens more often than we think it does.

BBM - I so agree. Do you remember during the interview someone asked about the photos of Travis' body - a female juror stated that even though it was so difficult for them - they brought them out on the table at the end in an effort to break through to #17 - IIRC she said that #17 refused to look at them. They were exhausted, not sleeping, having spent all those months and wanting to do the right thing - yet were helpless due to this one lone person (who I believe will be shown to be compromised in some fashion).

We need a timeline for #17 :thinking: She is supposedly in her twenties so at the oldest- 29. She suffered abuse for 11 years with her ex, then after her divorce she remarried but was separated whenever the present or ex committed their crimes?

I read elsewhere she is actually around 34.

If this is a repost, please forgive, I didn't think I have seen it here:

NOT Juror # 17

Civil Suit: The Wrongful death suit?

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Husban...uted-by-Martinez-295429721.html#ixzz3TfCKOkxU

With all due respect, I'm fairly certain the interviewed juror (EC) is not j#17.

This article doesn't make that clear :(

My fellow WSers who are dialed in to the other sites can probably confirm this for us. I remember her initials were different, but I haven't sleuthed her myself.

HTH....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a cluster. So many issues. So much secrecy. This judge needs to resign. JMHO.

IMO, that is exactly what #17 was. She was a rogue juror and knew she held the power to make or break the verdict. She knew that JA deserved death and she knew the other jurors knew it too. She may have tried to pretend she didn't see the evidence for death but she did and all she did was ignore it.

Does that even make logical sense? 1 held all the power and the majority of 11 people were helpless and had no power at all even though there were 11 of them. Reprehensible.

Its alarming to read that it happens more often than we think it does.

I wonder if Juror #17 could have been "bought"? As in, after jury selection. She has some sketchy associates, in addition to absolving herself of any knowledge of what they were doing when they committed their felonies.

I wonder if the mods would let us have a social media thread in the basement since the marriage license and other documents are on a twitter thread?jmo

I wonder if people are even letting the "county" know what MDLR is up to? There was today's publication of a post? comment? which indicated that MDLR was one of the folks in charge of JA's bank account. There was all the tweeting going on from the court room. There were the violations of court dress code. And I'm not even in on all the intrigue!

Perhaps the pool from which to hire is too small to toss her back?

case, after they separated. That's the only criminal activity for ex #1 that she disclosed. And the 2008 case was about stealing cell phones. She never mentioned the earlier 1st degree case where she was with the guy. Even without Juan being involved there's no way she'd be kept on a jury involving another 1st degree murder!

That's it right? Proof she lied?

I wonder if Juror #17 could have been "bought"? As in, after jury selection. She has some sketchy associates, in addition to absolving herself of any knowledge of what they were doing when they committed their felonies.

Anything is possible... if it's true her current hb had MDLR's daughter listed as a friend on his social media, anything is possible.

With all due respect, I'm fairly certain the interviewed juror (EC) is not j#17.

This article doesn't make that clear :(

My fellow WSers who are dialed in to the other sites can probably confirm this for us. I remember her initials were different, but I haven't sleuthed her myself.

HTH....

It's not, from the article she is one of those whose name of the 11 that was leaked, is what I got from it:

Meanwhile, a pro-Arias website published names of 11 people it said were the jurors who voted to sentence Arias to death for the 2008 killing.

Arizona law prohibits the public release of juror names. It's unknown how the identities were leaked, but information appeared online after jurors who favored the death penalty expressed frustrations over the holdout.

Juror Emily Cova said she was relieved to hear that authorities were looking into the leak.

"I was a little nervous last night. But I'm feeling better now," said Cova, who agreed to be named.

Aaron Nash, a spokesman for the clerk of Maricopa County Superior Court, said no member of the clerk's staff reported being approached by anyone seeking the names of jurors.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Husban...uted-by-Martinez-295429721.html#ixzz3TfFMDBjH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname