Dixie Chicks win five Grammys

southcitymom said:
Maybe, but it's often harder to forgive someone for being right than for being wrong...

Isn't that the most painfully wise comment ever!

I thought they won five grammys not four.
:waitasec:

Anyhoo, They didn't win anything from the country music awards. They got Grammys last night but no CMA.

close_enough said:
i missed most of the show, but kept popping around from channel to channel, waiting on Justin Timberlake...i've gotten to really like him :blushing:
...i'm glad i caught where he was playing the piano..."what goes around, comes around"???....thinking seriously of getting the cd w/that on it...i assume it's been released??....don't know a whole lot about him or his music, but ever since i saw **** in a box, i think he's great!!....

the one tune i've heard from the DC is "not ready to let go"????..something like that, & i DO think that's a good song...like i said, i missed all the show but Justin:)
In my book, Justin Timberlake should have gotten album of the year!!!

Random bit of gossip for you regarding Justin's "What goes around." You know how he said he wrote this about an experience his best friend went through? His best friend Trace was engaged to Elisha Cuthbert, who plays Jack Bauer's daughter Kim on 24. Elisha cheated on Trace and I think is now dating some hockey player. I definitely wouldn't want to piss off Justin!

My friend's husband is one of the people who set up the stage and lights and sound at Justin's concerts. They have been on tour for a while now! From what they have told me, Justin is a great, funny guy.

I never found him particularly attractive but I love his music! :)
Some of my friends just love him, and the music is a side issue, lol

Wonder what they'll do now?

Washington, Dec 14 (ANI): Country music trio Dixie Chicks may split after the Grammy awards in February next (2007), because sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison are fed up of their band member Natalie Maines's blunt talk, and they now want to spend time with their families.

Sources claim that the siblings are tired and wrung out after spending the past three years defending themselves from comments made by band member Maines. Maines, had in 2003 said onstage that she was ashamed to come from the same state as US President George W. Bush.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061214/139/6aa8c.html

I think they are an extremely talented group and do like their music. Doesn't mean I like what they did. While everyone has a right to their opinion on things, people don't go to their concerts to her their politican views.

As they themselves say "shut up and sing."

Jules said:
Wonder what they'll do now?

Washington, Dec 14 (ANI): Country music trio Dixie Chicks may split after the Grammy awards in February next (2007), because sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison are fed up of their band member Natalie Maines's blunt talk...
You could tell that Natalie was dying to say something tacky last night. She just doesn't know how to be gracious. Yes, they are very talented. No, we don't buy any more of their CD's.

It was nice to see that Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts were featured on the show. Carrie is such a talent and such a beauty! I'm so glad that she won for new artist. She deserved it! :)

The Dixie Chick who started all the controversy basically said on stage last night that she has a big mouth, lol.

It seemed to be in receiving the final award of the night, Natalie was trying to make amends for what she said. She had said once during the night that she is ready to make nice now! She seems to know (or perhaps finally REALIZE) that she ticked off a lot of people.

Hey, freedom of speech is fine and dandy. People just need to realize that even though they have the right to say what they want, not everyone will agree. There are consequences for voicing your opinion.

To me, it was most offensive that she seemed to be going off on America.
I don't like that.
That's like my family ... I can rip on my family but no one else can! :)
Same with America... people can be unhappy and say things to each other but when you say it to a mass audience (like the whole world!), then you need to realize that you are going to get some backlash because not everyone agrees with everything you say. It's usuallya 50/50 thing.
Politics, religion and sexuality ... usually the biggest taboo things to discuss very vocally without running the risk of offending someone.

Plus, if she is so ashamed to be from Texas, then she should just leave ... get the heck out of the country and don't let the door hit ya in the bum, Nat!!

I think the song that won last night is pretty good (nice melody), but I was never a fan of them really, not even before the whole controversy started. So, what they said and did was a mute point to me because I never owned a record of theirs and never intended to anyway.
But for the record (no pun intended)... I do disagree with what she said and how she went about the whole thing. Natalie single-handedly harmed her entire band's reputation. And that is not fair to the other two.

Winning Grammy awards does not necessarily make the public forgiving.
As I mentioned before, they were snubbed by the Country Music Awards for this same album. They didn't receive one award. Many country stations stopped playing them all together. The Dixie Chicks are pretty much "pop" right now, because many, many country music stations have given them the boot.
They still sold a lot of albums though, so of course they still have fans.

nanandjim said:
You could tell that Natalie was dying to say something tacky last night. She just doesn't know how to be gracious. Yes, they are very talented. No, we don't buy any more of their CD's.

It was nice to see that Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts were featured on the show. Carrie is such a talent and such a beauty! I'm so glad that she won for new artist. She deserved it! :)

I thought it extremely tacky when Natalie did the "heehee" thing when they accepted one of the awards. And then the next time they went up she said she was all out of jokes. :rolleyes: The last time they went up, she didn't say anything at all. Makes ya wonder if the sisters didn't say something to her when they got back to their seats.

Yep! I LOVE Carrie and, of course, Rascal Flatts. They did great! Carrie really has an incredible voice and amazing talent.

Jules said:
I thought it extremely tacky when Natalie did the "heehee" thing when they accepted one of the awards. And then the enxt time they went up she said she was all out of jokes. :rolleyes: The last time they went up, she didn't say anything at all. Makes ya wonder if the sisters didn't say something to her when they got back to their seats.

Yep! I LOVE Carrie and, of course, Rascal Flatts. They did great! Carrie really has an incredible voice and amazing talent.
I think she did talk the most during the final award. Who knows, I was tired.
I did notice that the sisters talked the most last night during the awards though.

Did you hear the crowd applause for them when they won? I didn't either, lol.
That was the faintest applause I think I have heard any recipient get last night.

nanandjim said:

DITTO your entire post!

The Dixie Chick sisters should kick natalie out of the band and hire Carrie Underwood to replace her!! :)
She's more talented, prettier, more graceful and just an all around better person with a better image.

PrayersForMaura said:
I did notice that the sisters talked the most last night during the awards though.

That was the faintest applause I think I have heard any recipient get last night.

It was earlier in the evenign when she did most of the talking. I don't think she said anything other than thanks for the last award. (then again, I could be wrong. I was tired too).

Yeah, very little applause. I think they burned a lot of bridges over the last few years. Obviously others felt the same.

Jules said:
I thought it extremely tacky when Natalie did the "heehee" thing when they accepted one of the awards. And then the next time they went up she said she was all out of jokes. :rolleyes: The last time they went up, she didn't say anything at all. Makes ya wonder if the sisters didn't say something to her when they got back to their seats.

Carrie said as she accepted her "new artist" award, "...I love country music..." I wondered why she made that remark. I told my husband, after thinking about it, that I felt that it was in response to Natalie's "heehee" and their disdain towards their old genre, you know, the one that made them famous and rich. ;)

nanandjim said:
Carrie said as she accepted her "new artist" award, "...I love country music..." I wondered why she made that remark. I told my husband, after thinking about it, that I felt that it was in response to Natalie's "heehee" and their disdain towards their old genre, you know, the one that made them famous and rich. ;)

I wondered the same thing. If so, good for Carrie. :clap: I have her CD and it is amazing. I don't follow Americal Idol, but both she and Chris Daughtry are fantastic! I have Chris's CD as well.

PrayersForMaura said:

You're dreaming. It has already been reported that they got more than one standing ovation.

PrayersForMaura said:
Plus, if she is so ashamed to be from Texas, then she should just leave ... get the heck out of the country and don't let the door hit ya in the bum, Nat!!

She didn't say she was ashamed to be from Texas. She said she was ashamed George Bush is from Texas. As in, he ain't good enough for our fine state.

Nova said:
...It has already been reported that they got more than one standing ovation.
Oh, I agree. The liberals in the audience could not jump high enough to show their approval! ;) I think that they even gave Natalie a standing ovation when she awkwardly said, "Oh, I guess that I have run out of funny things to say." I myself was perplexed because I didn't hear one funny remark from her the entire evening... :waitasec:

nanandjim said:
Oh, I agree. The liberals in the audience could not jump high enough to show their approval! ;) I think that they even gave Natalie a standing ovation when she awkwardly said, "Oh, I guess that I have run out of funny things to say." I myself was perplexed because I didn't hear one funny remark from her the entire evening... :waitasec:

I had to laugh when they panned to Jamie Foxx who had a "WTF??" look on his face as he looked around and did the little golf clap thing. Too funny! :p

Annie said:
They have every right to say what they want and we have every right to not buy their music or play their music. It doesn't work just one way.
I'm sure the Chicks have no problem with you using your American rights to boycott them; but no one has the right to threaten them or their families with injury or death.

nanandjim said:
That's pretty funny. It wasn't just the "liberals" jumping up. I saw Reba McIntyre standing up during the ovation, smiling and cheering them on. I couldn't believe it because of her snide remarks about the Chicks during the Country Music Awards. Obviously some of the "conservatives" are hypocrits that don't walk their talk like the chicks do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back