DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

Thurston Road Jane Doe’s NamUs was taken down
Interesting, a couple of months ago she got a new kit but the new matches did not seem higher then before, from all Washington cases I thought Tukwila Jane Doe will be the first announce to be identified, hopefully there is an announcement coming soon

Actually I’m not sure when but he was recently moved to the active research phase.
According to the pin post he is in Active research for a long time (at least 2-3 months now). I remember that the updates of the post was not so often and last active cases were added long time ago

New case: Palisades Interstate Park Cliff John Doe

A lot of announcements for one day! Now a new identification, Rock County John Doe (Minnesota) identified as Louis Anthony Gattaino

A lot of announcements for one day! Now a new identification, Rock County John Doe (Minnesota) identified as Louis Anthony Gattaino

I swear it always happens that we're waiting on a few ID's from certain cases and then the DDP just announces another one by total surprise.

I swear it always happens that we're waiting on a few ID's from certain cases and then the DDP just announces another one by total surprise.
The DDP updated Louis’ page and he is now fully funded. However, there is still no announcement on their facebook page. Though it was a fast solve, added to the spreadsheet in August and according to the LE the DDP solved it in August

One thing that might be helpful context is that we can’t announce a solve until it is confirmed, and the agency agrees to announcing it.

So for example, “John Clinton Doe” was tentatively solved a really long time ago but it took a lot of effort to obtain the confirmatory DNA specimen. Another example was Pulaski Dixon Jane Doe, solved in I think late 2019 but COVID caused the labs to shut down for awhile so it was probably 2021 before announcement. Other times the solve, confirmation, and announcement all happen really fast!

I am team leader for some cases that have been tentatively solved for 1-2 years and not yet announced.
I wish some folks would stop trying to pressure you or LE's to release information, I saw it a lot on Carl's websleuth's page as well as Harper County Jane Doe's now. People just need to be patient.

I wish some folks would stop trying to pressure you or LE's to release information, I saw it a lot on Carl's websleuth's page as well as Harper County Jane Doe's now. People just need to be patient.
Harper Avenue Jane Doe’s supposed name was revealed occasionally on her thread by the people close to her story, her young photo is similar to her reconstruction scetch

Harper Avenue Jane Doe’s supposed name was revealed occasionally on her thread by the people close to her story, her young photo is similar to her reconstruction scetch
Eh I'm still waiting for anything official.

Eh I'm still waiting for anything official.
All posts related to her name were deleted in any case. I think if the LE or relatives decided to keep her name private, we should respect it, so I am not waiting for any announcement.

Last edited:
I just spoke w the ME. I can officially tell you all that after 22 years Jonesport John Doe has finally been IDENTIFIED! They are working on a press release this week. They are aiming for today or tomorrow but it might be next week. Family has been notified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back