DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

Respectfully, I'm aware it's legal but the doctrine is not without limits as also opined by the defense.
Of course, there's a way to not allow this methodology to have a negative effect on one....

The Federal Trade Commission has charged a genetic testing company with failing to protect customers’ genetic data, marking the agency’s first case focused on the privacy and security of genetic information.

Murder of Henrietta Nickens / October 1997 / New DNA evidence indicates 3 men convicted of murder did not do it, forensics expert testifies​

"
Media, Pennsylvania (CNN) — Newly tested DNA evidence from the 1997 killing of a 70-year-old Pennsylvania woman indicates she was sexually assaulted and fatally beaten by an unknown man – and not by the three men who have spent over two decades behind bars for her murder, a forensics expert testified Tuesday.
New DNA evidence indicates 3 men convicted of murder did not do it, forensics expert testifies

They investigated for over 20 yrs after getting a DNA match before arresting him? They waited almost 2 years before bringing him in for questioning, once they discovered his DNA was a match.

I wonder how many more women he killed in that 20 years?

This is horrifying. When they find his victims for those 20 years, the time he should have been imprisoned, I hope their families have grounds to sue. It's negligent. The whole point of LE is to keep people safe and they let someone they KNEW was a killer wander around doing whatever he wanted for 20 years. What, because they didn't have time? In some ways I feel like the blood isn't just on the killer's hands.

DNA helps identify killer 30 years after Florida woman found strangled to death​

A woman's cold case murder has been solved after 30 years, owing to a breakthrough that led to a man believed to be her killer, authorities said. The woman, Roslin Kruse, was just 23 at the time of her death, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, which handled her case in Florida.

Kruse was last seen alive on Nov. 1, 1993, in Tampa, the sheriff's office said in a news release Friday. She was found dead that same day on the shoulder of a road in Gibsonton, which is about 10 miles south of the city center. A subsequent autopsy determined her cause of death was strangulation.

Despite identifying her, authorities did not solve Kruse's case until recently, when DNA profiling allowed them to match a sample taken from her body to the child of her suspected killer, who died more than a decade ago. The Hillsborough sheriff said authorities are "confident" that Michael Rizzo was responsible for Kruse's death.
DNA helps identify killer 30 years after Florida woman found strangled to death

DNA helps identify killer 30 years after Florida woman found strangled to death​

A woman's cold case murder has been solved after 30 years, owing to a breakthrough that led to a man believed to be her killer, authorities said. The woman, Roslin Kruse, was just 23 at the time of her death, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, which handled her case in Florida.

Kruse was last seen alive on Nov. 1, 1993, in Tampa, the sheriff's office said in a news release Friday. She was found dead that same day on the shoulder of a road in Gibsonton, which is about 10 miles south of the city center. A subsequent autopsy determined her cause of death was strangulation.

Despite identifying her, authorities did not solve Kruse's case until recently, when DNA profiling allowed them to match a sample taken from her body to the child of her suspected killer, who died more than a decade ago. The Hillsborough sheriff said authorities are "confident" that Michael Rizzo was responsible for Kruse's death.

DNA helps identify killer 30 years after Florida woman found strangled to death

I'm confused. LE found witnesses who saw her get into the killer's car, tracked the car to a residence where she was seen entering with the killer. She was found deceased on the side of the road less than a half-mile from where she was last seen with the killer. The killer even admitted she was with him just before she died. He also failed a poly. With all this, they couldn't make an arrest or find some additional evidence? Was it a picky prosecutor?

Glad they did finally identify the killer, but how many more people did he kill in the following years?

I'm confused. LE found witnesses who saw her get into the killer's car, tracked the car to a residence where she was seen entering with the killer. She was found deceased on the side of the road less than a half-mile from where she was last seen with the killer. The killer even admitted she was with him just before she died. He also failed a poly. With all this, they couldn't make an arrest or find some additional evidence? Was it a picky prosecutor?

Glad they did finally identify the killer, but how many more people did he kill in the following years?
Don't know if it was the case with this specific case, but some places don't seem to go to trial without a victim ID. Just seems like that's rewarding the ones who go after vulnerable people or conceal or damage the body beyond recognition.

MOO

Don't know if it was the case with this specific case, but some places don't seem to go to trial without a victim ID. Just seems like that's rewarding the ones who go after vulnerable people or conceal or damage the body beyond recognition.

MOO

From what I'm reading, she was identified after she was killed in 1993. Her body was found the same day she was killed. That's how they were able to find some of their witnesses. They were family and acquaintances.

From the article linked above

They had also identified her killer, too, at that time. They seemed to have quite a lot of evidence against him, never prosecuted.

Apparently, they balked because the killer's wife and girlfriend gave alibis for him.

Last edited:
I really appreciate these articles and the families getting a chance to tell the world about their loved ones who were murdered. Peace now to you Teresa and your dear Mother and family.

I really appreciate these articles and the families getting a chance to tell the world about their loved ones who were murdered. Peace now to you Teresa and your dear Mother and family.
We do as well. It provides hope to everyone else that is still waiting for answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back