DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

3fcd2bc4-002c-4eae-9bfe-71a4ce478cac-large16x9_JohnMuncy.jpg

A near 40-year-old cold case in Delaware County has been solved, Sheriff Russell Martin shared Wednesday.

Martin shared the Cold Case Unit solved the murder of 15-year-old John A. Muncy earlier this year.

“Technological advancements and determination on the part of our detectives lead to the closure of this 36-year-old case,” said Martin. “Unfortunately, the murder suspect died in 2013.”'

Delaware County Sheriff's Office solves 1983 homicide

County Sheriff Russell Martin cited advances in technology and sheer determination by his staff Wednesday as key to identifying the murder suspect, Daniel Alan Anderson, who died in 2013. Martin said Anderson, who authorities say was 30 at the time of the crime, had ties to the area and had a violent criminal past.

[...]

Almost two years ago, they learned about a case in Washington state that was solved through DNA testing and the use of genealogical data. Delaware County detectives then sought help from a private laboratory, DNA phenotyping, genetic genealogy and forensic genealogical research.

The results, combined with information gleaned locally from suspects and their relatives, “predicted with a high confidence level that the suspect was Anderson or one of his two brothers, Martin said. After the siblings were quickly eliminated as suspects, detectives asked technicians at the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation for a DNA profile of the key suspect to compare with the killer’s DNA.

Authorities solve cold-case slaying of dismembered teen boy

Sad news, but at least some answers at last for one of our verified insiders in this case.
Ws thread..
OR - OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999

Police make arrest in 1999 killing using DNA, genealogy site
May 4 2020
''PORTLAND — Police say they’ve solved the 21-year-old killing of a Portland resident by matching crime scene DNA evidence to data in a public genealogy site, leading to a murder indictment against Christopher Lovrien.''

''In March 2019, the Police Bureau’s cold case unit reopened the case and submitted DNA evidence from Dribin’s case to a private lab for forensic genetic genealogy analysis.

The private lab compared the evidence to DNA in publicly available databases, including profiles from those who share their information from consumer DNA testing companies to search for relatives who have submitted their DNA.

Oregon State Police forensic scientist Janelle Moore and Portland Detective Brendan McGuire were called to present information to a grand jury, which last week returned an indictment.''

Clark Perry Baldwin (possible serial killer?) found in Waterloo, Iowa. Advances in technology helped with DNA in the case.

Waterloo man arrested in 1990s killings in Tennessee and Wyoming

He's charged in the 1992 killings of two unidentified women in Wyoming and the 1991 slaying in Tennessee of a pregnant woman, Pamela McCall, and her fetus.

Iowa Resident Arrested for 2 Wyoming Murders, 2 Tennessee Murders
A DNA hit has led to an arrest in three cold cases from the early 1990s, two of which are (currently) Jane Doe cases. I haven't found a WS thread for Pamela McCall, but the Jane Does have one each. They were also connected as having the same killer by DNA in 2014.
"Due to advances in technology they were able to link Baldwin to the crime and arrest him on first-degree murder charges from Sheridan and Sweetwater counties," a statement from DCI Interim Director Forrest Williams, issued Wednesday, reads.

Bitter Creek Betty's WS thread:
WY - WY - Sweetwater Co., Wht/HispFem 213UFWY, 24-32, off I-80, rose tattoo, Mar'92

Sheridan Jane Doe's WS thread:
WY - WY - Sheridan Co., WhtFem 390UFWY, 16-21, dumped along I-90, Apr'92

A DNA hit has led to an arrest in three cold cases from the early 1990s, two of which are (currently) Jane Doe cases. I haven't found a WS thread for Pamela McCall, but the Jane Does have one each. They were also connected as having the same killer by DNA in 2014.

WY - WY - Sweetwater Co., Wht/HispFem 213UFWY, 24-32, off I-80, rose tattoo, Mar'92

Does anyone know the mod for cold cases? Maybe they can combine these threads together?

Started thread..rbbm.
TN - Pamela McCall, 33, Spring Hill, pregnant and strangled, 10 May 1991

Does anyone know the mod for cold cases? Maybe they can combine these threads together?
Fyi, they are in the Unidentified forum.

With all due respect, but I'd prefer if their threads remain separate. Although their killer might be known now, their identities are not, so there's still sleuthing to be done on each Jane Doe until we have their true names. JMO.

Maybe start a thread for Clark Perry Baldwin in the Serial Killer forum? I find it hard to believe he's behind "just" three murders..

ETA: Thank you, @dotr!

Last edited:

With all due respect, but I'd prefer if their threads remain separate. Although their killer might be known now, their identities are not, so there's still sleuthing to be done on each Jane Doe until we have their true names. JMO.

Maybe start a thread for Clark Perry Baldwin in the Serial Killer forum? I find it hard to believe he's behind "just" three murders..

so true, the time period covers many suspected trucker serial killer scenarios. He might also be a link to a serial killer syndicate

That's okay - no problem! I'll just go along with the Pamela McCall thread & not start one for him... besides hers will be tried in TN before the WY murders.

The Santa Fe Police Department used genetic genealogy to make an arrest in the 2018 murder of Robert Romero, a 52-year-old husband and father killed at his home in an apparent attempted burglary. Police say it is the first homicide in New Mexico to lead to an arrest using genetic technology and the 111th in the country.

SFPD detectives arrested Joseph Jones, 26, of Santa Fe, on May 14 and charged him with murder, tampering with evidence, attempt to commit a felony, aggravated burglary and residential burglary.

Romero was shot on July 30, 2018, around 2am in his backyard as he allegedly confronted Jones.

Robert-Romero3-Barker-Realty-facebook.jpg

Robert Romero

Jones.jpg

Joseph Jones

New DNA Technology Leads to Arrest

I'd like to see his DNA tested against any DNA found in the Lyric and Elizabeth case. He was arrested in Waterloo, ten mins from where the girls were.

Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back