DNA: What does the evidence say?

Lets say she was under intense pressure to lie about this conclusive match, now we have to question all her DNA matches in this case. Kratz's email to her alluded to her responsibility in getting SA an exoneration in the rape case. Could she have felt intense guilt? Especially if she thinks he's guilty of murder.

JMO but the DNA match on the bullet is enough for me to question all of her matches in this case. The fact that she consumed all the DNA in that test.... the fact that the defense was not allowed to be there but she had students or whoever there during the test.... the fact that she contaminated it with her own DNA.... the fact that she deviated from protocol to be able to report her findings.

This BZ issue.... I think it comes down to chain of custody. It was with Eisenberg.... Eisenberg is quite clear that she sent it to the FBI, not the Crime Lab, so I'm not sure at what point SC did her tests. She had to have done the test though, right? I can't see how she could just come up with random test results.:thinking:

3202d77f.gif

The Next Page: Four experts explain why forensic analysis of crime scenes is not as reliable as you might think

Among the prime scientific issues in the Avery case was whether blood stains found in Halbach’s car contain a chemical preservative known as EDTA, which is placed in vials of preserved blood.

DNA tests indicated the blood in Halbach’s car was Avery’s. The presence of EDTA would support Avery’s claim that the blood came from a vial that the police had collected from him in the sexual assault case. The absence of EDTA would support the prosecution’s claim that the blood came directly from Avery at the time of the murder.

At the request of the prosecution, the FBI quickly developed a test to detect EDTA in dried blood. FBI chemist Marc LeBeau reported that this test had failed to detect EDTA in three of the six stains. Based on this, he concluded “within a reasonable degree of scientific certainty” that EDTA was absent from all six stains even though three of them were never tested.

But how often and under what conditions would the FBI’s test have detected (or failed to detect) EDTA in dried blood taken from old vials under conditions like those in question?

Without extensive research and analysis of this question — research the FBI could not have conducted in the limited time available — it is difficult to assess the validity of Mr. LeBeau’s conclusion.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Post Crescent

Looking back over a few things last night. Not trying to beat a dead horse hear..

Example..the key.
Remember the key Teresa OWNED but had NONE of her own DNA on it, HOWEVER SA's DNA was on it but no.... prints? RAV..same. SA's DNA was there but not a single print.
Anyone ever open a hood? Guess you see where I am going =) HOW? Anyone?
How is this justified? Scientifically or otherwise?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back