Do the police know who took the Springfield 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry and his brother often participated in Civil War reenactments together in various locations.
Was there one in that area of Missouri or one in one direction one day and another in a different direction few days later?
If you read the paper from Radford, or some of the other info, at least one of Larry's victims was killed nearby, the day after he attended a civil war reenactment. Perhaps you know, I don't, with identical twins, are their IQs generally in the same range? I know a lot of the time, their personalities are not similar, but they have identical DNA.
I'm not sure about the Iq of twins. I do remember them being mentioned in reference to the missing Iowa news reporter. Perhaps they have a rare personality traits similar to the Kray twins. When separate, they were manageable. When together, they formed one vicious unmanageable personality.

I'm not sure about the Iq of twins. I do remember them being mentioned in reference to the missing Iowa news reporter. Perhaps they have a rare personality traits similar to the Kray twins. When separate, they were manageable. When together, they formed one vicious unmanageable personality.

I read a little about the IQ of identical twins, and most of the people (I don't know their qualifications in general, but some had some training/experience) seem to believe the IQs are similar, but may be as much as 24 points difference, if you consider the difference in education/life experience, etc.
Since I was just reading all this, I decided to take another approach, and one site says Larry was deprived of oxygen at birth. (Accidents at birth could have quite an impact on the possible differences in identical twins, as example, cerebral palsy.) This could affect his IQ, and perhaps his twin's IQ is much higher.

Does this cross the line as to what can be investigated? If it does, would someone delete this please. I am sorry.

Last edited:
I have followed this case since I was 12. I live in Oklahoma but was in Springfield the weekend this happened. Here's a thought: what if the girls were not the target, but whoever might have been there with Sherril?

I have read news articles on them (like the one on the girl Larry was convicted of killing) and It seems Gary comes out as not too bad of a person. He said his brother almost killed him a few times and he was afraid of him.

What am I missing about Gary? Could he have been involved with the disappearance of the Springfield Three?

I think what hurt this case was the friends (unsure about the family) unknowingly cleaning up everything that was in disarray in and outside the house...They didn't realize they contaminated the scene and may have destroyed evidence...In their defense who would've thought all three were kidnapped/murdered...

If there is still evidence the friends touched, it could be mixed with the killer's DNA...They know who was in the house, and they can just focus on the foreign DNA...

This is a very interesting case...They just vanished with no trace...It had to be a personal or sexual motive...I remember all three purses and cars were left at the house...Robbery wasn't the motive...

I'm thinking it was someone from the graduation party or they saw them that night...I think the perpetrator(s) may have moved away shortly after the murder...I would ask the community if anyone abruptly left town after the 3 disappeared...

Sometimes people 'clean up' the crime scene to get rid of the evidence pointing to themselves. I just watched one such show. The guy they arrested and tossed in jail didn't do it, the victim's 'best friend' did. SMH. I don't want a 'best friend' like that.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to anyway. I think the killer of these females is incarcerated and won't see the light of day outside prison. I had some vague recollections of the Springfield Three case, and went searching online for everything I could find. They never found these females, so the only thing to link the killer to the crime would be DNA, which most likely is not going to be found at this point.
There have never been any similar cases with the same MO since this happened. Correct? There was at least one witness after that night and they blew that witness off.

Do any missing persons records in Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma exist for the week after The graduation? The person responsible could have disappeared or someone who knew of something could have conveniently vanished. Was an all call ever done for this information?

I do think the killer is either incarcerated or dead as well, especially after 28 years. This may also be another reason nothing has gotten out...it's very possible someone may know who did it but is not going to make a dead person look bad, especially if there is no proof or any knowledge of where the bodies are.

This case is so fascinating, I think maybe the most fascinating case there is. And I know many have posted their theory on who did it or what they think happened. However, being a so-called active investigation, the police have commented very little or leaked much. I have to be honest, I don't think this case would have been that hard to solve, not through proper investigation work. In a community like Springfield, people talk, people makes deals, etc.. I also know that the police have not really promoted the case in sometime, like some cold cases are done to try to work a phone call. Quite frankly, I think the police know who did it, I think they are pretty certain. I think the main culprit is probably doing time right now, probably a life sentence or close to it. Maybe one of the suspects, if it was plural, is dead. I think the police are content to let it rest, knowing that the person that did it is locked up. I think the case is just not there for a sure guilty verdict, so they just let time go by until all the family pushing for answers, die off.

I don't think the SPD never had any viable suspect(s) or PIO due to them entertaining psychic leads very early on i.e. original 1992 48 Hours episode and how one of the lead detectives admitted he looked for "wing tip shoes" on any possible suspects that was revealed by a psychic in a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann