Do You think Cindy Anthony is mad at GA?....

Everyone is different. You can't say, "Well, if someone wanted to commit suicide, they would just do it." Or, "When so-and-so in my life tried, they didn't think to leave a note or contact anyone, so this must have been planned." Or, "Well, if he was really depressed, he would've sought help." People are arguing about suicide and attempts at suicide, seriously? "It's selfish." "No it's not." It's absolutely ridiculous to speculate about what George was thinking. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. My heart broke when I woke up yesterday morning and read about this. That was my first, human emotion and reaction. Yes, I agree that George has done and said some things that I don't agree with, etc., but come on people. This is sad. Attempted suicide is nothing to disregard, no matter who the person or what the situation. I am sorry to rant, but this is something that hits home for many of us, and I find it disheartening to see some of the things being said on here.

Hey RL,
I think it's good we are having this discussion. We all have different views and experiences.I only hope to shed some light on the subject from my experience ,not argue.I respect that others may feel differently than I do, and maybe I'll learn something.
What this family has endured is mind boggling. I don't like evrything they've done,but I feel for them. God Bless You for the empathy you have shown.

Can someone please tell me when the DP was put back on the table? I missed that, I thought it was taken off a while ago?

LE to my knowledge hasn't brought it up, I believe they are waiting for toxicology results. Ever since Caylee was found down the street with Duct tape over her face, the talking heads have been discussing it regularly.

Yes but then all the relatives of criminals in the world would try to use this trick?

It's not the parents of the criminal they care about, it's the grandparents of the victim.

I may be wrong but I didn't get the impression that CA was mad at GA for attempting suicide. I think she was mad at the circumstances that drove him to feel this way. This has been a living hell for both of them no matter what we think of her. Everything they do is picked apart and analyzed. That alone would drive me nuts. Their beautiful Caylee is gone forever and it has to be obvious to both of them at this point that their own flesh and blood daughter is responsible for this heinous crime. No matter what they say in public you know that the A's know that KC is guilty. I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone. As for CA not rushing to GA, I saw a pic somewhere of her sitting with him in the ER waiting room before his evaluation. (Can someone please help me find it and post, thanks.) So I guess she got there quick enough. JMO

Don't be sorry for countering my post, that's what it's about. :blowkiss:

Another aside to everyone:

To all of you that can relate to this on a personal level, whether it be depression or suicide, please remember that when we post about this tragic incident we are posting about speculation regarding George, not you. It is hard to separate out the parts sometimes and I have seen many cases that have ended up with a lot of hurt feelings among posters. When we can too closely identify with an event and others say things about THAT newsworthy event many of us feel as thought the posters are talking to us and about us.

Remember, no one here knows our own personal circumstances so please don't take many of these posts personally.
Some of you have no idea what I am talking about, but many of you do. I have been here many years and I have seen this happen plenty.

Thanks JBean. :blowkiss:

Listening to the news reports that were coming in, a reporter stated that having this incident with George going off the deep end had made Cindy mad...I'm just wondering if anyone else caught that, and, if they did, why would Cindy be MAD? I'd think out of all her emotions she would be WORRIED, and she didn't even RUSH to be with him at the hospital she took her time...Not to mention the fact that she had the LAWYER call the police instead of herself...

Interested in hearing what you all have to say about this...

Mods, feel free to move this if not where it needs to be.

I guess you missed Conway saying that her emotions were anguish and worry and that she was angry only after learning that George was ok and safe. As a mother, I have felt that same switch of emotions when a child was late coming home, or had wandered off in a public place briefly. I went from hugs of relief to anger. I haven't spoken to a single parent that has felt differently. I have also experienced this as a wife, when my husband was late because of a blizzard and accidently turned his cell phone off. He was hugged tightly then smacked on the arm. Not an uncommon turn of emotions, for one who looks at this logically.

It's not the parents of the criminal they care about, it's the grandparents of the victim.

I completely understand.....but these particular gp's have a history....and I don't think they will keep the DP off the table because of George....it's delicate,imagine how many people will say it was just a trick he used....

Dunno what to say...

Have you had anyone you loved commit suicide? I am so sick of people saying it's a selfish act..it's an act of someone that is in a very dark place. IT"S NOT SELFISH.

:clap:
most people can't understand the pain involved. imo

Hey RL,
I think it's good we are having this discussion. We all have different views and experiences.I only hope to shed some light on the subject from my experience ,not argue.I respect that others may feel differently than I do, and maybe I'll learn something.
What this family has endured is mind boggling. I don't like evrything they've done,but I feel for them. God Bless You for the empathy you have shown.

It is good, and I agree that it is a good thing to bring our own experiences into the discussion. I just don't think people should say there is any one way that someone should attempt or actually commit suicide.

You too, MissJames. :blowkiss:

LE to my knowledge hasn't brought it up, I believe they are waiting for toxicology results. Ever since Caylee was found down the street with Duct tape over her face, the talking heads have been discussing it regularly.

Respectfully snipped by me

Yes, I've heard it discussed by the talking heads every time I turn on the tv too. I thought that there was a window of time in which the DP could be brought back onto the table, and that that window of time may have passed?

I dunno....:confused:

It's obvious to me that the face GA and CA have been wearing in public is not real. During interviews they hold hands or otherwise touch each other. But I think this case has driven a huge wedge between them. When I first heard that GA had been texting "family members" I thought right away that it probably was not CA. There's probably at lot of resentment between the two, about tons of different issues.

I think LA has distanced himself from the both of them as well. I'm sure he has his own resentments. All three of them are standing on their own island, IMO.

I agree that they have a very different relationship inside the home and outside the home - George himself said as much in one of the prison videos to Casey. However, I believe that George can't find a job right now because no one wants to hire him because they know he will be taking weeks off to attend the trial (just my IMO) He should try and get SSI or some kind of assistance from the government - I can't imagine the grief and guilt that is facing the family because of KC. Talk about ice flowing through your veins - she was laughing at her mom at the beginning of the tape because she was crying! And George has to deal with all this; but getting angry at is a common response in suicides - and who can say how we would react after 6 months of constant media scrutiny, strangers throwing stuff at your home, and finally the finding of your granddaughters body at the end of your road, no less, and having to watch and listen to media accounts of your beloved granddaughter's demise. Horrific! Is all I can say - I feel sorry for all of them, except KC for destroying her family.

CA may be MAD (common for family members) but even MADDER that it hurts the defense (Poor GA!) and we all know how much it means to CA to help, not hurt, her daughter's chances in court..It's SAD it comes at the expense of GA's state of mind/possible death..That's what disturbs me the most IF all of this is true.

There are others, and your experiences do help. My mother and my brother committed suicide. It was years ago, but it stays with you.
Anger and depression.. hoping the legacy ends with their deaths, and does not continue with their siblings and their children..
Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do to the people that love you and have to go on living. There are so many questions that will never be answered.

I lost my father to suicide. He was the nicest, kindest man and people loved him but he had depression over some life long issues involving giving children up for adoption at an early age because he was manipulated by his stepfather. Having worked in LE for years, I came to understand that people reaching that level of depression have crossed over into another level of reasoning that non depressed people can never understand and often dont try to.

When depressed at that level, those contemplating suicide are so low that they reason the world, their families and life in general would be better without them. They rationalize in their own depressed state of mind that they have failed in every way and that their continued presences hurts others. They are not reasoning on a normal level yet it makes sense to them. In most cases, they think they are doing the right thing. Remember they are operating in a depressed reasoning state. It is a different world of reason down there.

I saw all manner of officers arriving at suicides, cursing the vicitm for how he had hurt his family. I always stopped to say a prayer for the victim knowing full well just how his or her mind was not functioning normally when they finally committed the act. Yes, anger of such suicides is common but I believe in most cases, compassion for them is the order. You have to walk a mile in their shoes, and believe me I have. those who respond with the most anger, should perhaps look at themselves a bit closer as the root of that depression such as CA and KC

Im not talking about those that murder and then commit suicide to escape a life of prison. They are often just controlling to the last, their own criminal purposes. Im talking about the GA of the world who are just depressed, so very, very sad and lost in the shuffle and their level of sadness and depression has reached that other low many people never reach.

Tell me you wouldnt be depressed in this situation, having guilt over the sociopath daughter you raised and feeling estranged from your contolling wife and daughter with the media hounding you at every turn, reading sites like this slamming your every move and motive and reading how horrible ou are, your life likely changed forever. If you walk outside tomorrow and find the entire world of media has descended on you and you are confused, angry, sad and feeling absolutely helpless and you might have a clue. Until then. you might look up how to deal with depression, how it works and just how crippling it is.

From one who was adopted and yet found my father again, and one who has been there and back a few times and seen both sides.

Don't be sorry for countering my post, that's what it's about. :blowkiss:

Another aside to everyone:

To all of you that can relate to this on a personal level, whether it be depression or suicide, please remember that when we post about this tragic incident we are posting about speculation regarding George, not you. It is hard to separate out the parts sometimes and I have seen many cases that have ended up with a lot of hurt feelings among posters. When we can too closely identify with an event and others say things about THAT newsworthy event many of us feel as thought the posters are talking to us and about us.

Remember, no one here knows our own personal circumstances so please don't take many of these posts personally.
Some of you have no idea what I am talking about, but many of you do. I have been here many years and I have seen this happen plenty.

I realize that JBean, and it's hard not to take it to heart, especially when things are still fresh and raw. That's why I step back before I say something that I don't mean too. I guess I need to step back from these suicide posts for now.

I don't know Cindy Anthony, I have watched everything I can on this case, read documents, I see what everyone sees, I know this woman has made so many mistakes, but wow, this woman is picked apart so unfairly so often, I can't help but speak my opinions.

I believe Cindy was upset and scared for George, otherwise, she would have left him go off and do whatever it is he was planning on doing. She stated once before "I don't want to lose my husband over this." That has always stuck with me. People speculated he was going to leave, I believe Cindy knew then what the real loss of her husband would have been and we got a glimpse of that when he was found in that hotel room.

Now we got Cindy as the bad guy again because her attorney called LE. He made several calls, the only call that was PUBLIC was the 911 call. How nice that we got to be privvy to that call. I agree with Florida regarding the Sunshine Law it stinks royal dung.

People are speculating on her state of mind by how she sounded while her attorney was on the phone. Her granddaughter was murdered, she's trying to plan the funeral for her granddaughter who she loved more than anything or anyone, including her daughter, whom she always loves and whom she HAS THE RIGHT TO LOVE, her husband has been missing since 8:30 and I wouldn't doubt she's on medication.

Do people honestly believe it right she would have had to bury her granddaughter alone without her husband?

This woman has been through a traumatic and trying time for months PRIOR to Caylee's disappearance.

But yet, people know how she was just fine & dandy during that 911 call when George was missing after everything that had transpired prior to Caylee's disappearance up to the night George went missing.

Cindy was grateful and happy George was okay and it's natural to get pissed and be angered by what he put her through after she knew he was safe. There is nothing wrong with that.

Why is Cindy the bad guy? Because she doesn't act the way You or I think she should act? Because she has a dysfunctional family? Because her daughter killed the person Cindy loved most....and that's Caylee. Why is she the villain? Casey killed Caylee, Cindy didn't.

Casey, no matter what anyone thinks of her is probably going to get the death penalty. It's still Cindy & George's daughter. They have a right to love her. George taking an easy way out and leaving Cindy to deal with everything, is not right.

I figure if people can figure exactly how this family should act at every aspect of their lives they can help me figure out some of my issues!

JMO

Snipped for space, cos I see it's been repeated here already

Thank you so very much. I won't watch the vids with Cindy because I know she makes me angry, but I haven't been in her shoes or even her house. So who am I to criticize this woman? She has lost her gbaby. A baby that millions of people swear they love even tho the sweet baby was dead before anyone even knew her name. If complete strangers can have this reaction to the loss of a baby they never knew, they need to try imagining for a fraction of a second what Cindy is feeling.

Can we post this on top of the Caylee Forum, with a picture of Caylee and Cindy?

I realize that JBean, and it's hard not to take it to heart, especially when things are still fresh and raw. That's why I step back before I say something that I don't mean too. I guess I need to step back from these suicide posts for now.
You are not alone. there are others that relate closely to different aspects of this case and that is from where much of the emotion stems. Just hate to see hurt feelings we have a lot of very sensitive posters aboard.
You are a smart cajun :blowkiss:

I think Cindy Anthony is mad at the whole world right now.

we had a lot of hostility on the board yesterday and thankfully we are moving away from that kind of posting.
If you feel that your posts are hostile and negative in nature please rethink posting them. there are ways to discuss without going down that road.

I agree but if you have known people who are clinically depressed or in a manic phase of depression - they see no value in their life and feel that others would be better off without them. When I heard, what G supposedly wrote, it sounded to me like a real deep depression. No value to his life. And if he was always criticized by everyone in his family & extended family, he will never be able to feel good about himself. There aren't enough years left in his life to rebuild him. That level of depression didn't happen this week. IMO

I think Cindy Anthony is mad at the whole world right now.

ETA: IMO, all that anger is being grossly misdirected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back