Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
I think they may have concluded it yesterday and it may be why Ann Bremner is calling for volunteers - the link upstream says she still believes it is worth searching further. IDK, I could be wrong.

I've just been following this on twitter as all our local media has been tweeting and this morning they were all excited that Utah investigators were on their way up to the property this morning and some articles said a search would be today.
Regardless what a sad situation, I do hope she is found =(

I've just been following this on twitter as all our local media has been tweeting and this morning they were all excited that Utah investigators were on their way up to the property this morning and some articles said a search would be today.
Regardless what a sad situation, I do hope she is found =(

I'm not sure, but here's an article:

"Authorities called off the ground search for missing Utah mother Susan Cox Powell early Thursday morning

A tip from her father, Chuck Cox, led investigators to search for her remains on the rural property in Scotts Mills, said West Valley, Utah, Police Deputy Chief Mike Powell. The search was called off Thursday morning.

"As of today we have reviewed all of our searches for the last two days and we have made a determination that we have covered the areas that we felt were important and necessary," Mike Powell said. "We have no significant discoveries as a result of the ground search that has been taking place the last two days.”

http://www.kgw.com/news/207641891.html

"Authorities investigating Susan Powell's vanishing will spend a third day at a remote property east of Salem, Ore., that has ties to the Powell family, the Associated Press reported.

Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father, confirmed to local NBC affiliate KSL that he told police the farm was a place Susan's husband Josh Powell spent a lot of time. Police searched the area, but found no evidence of remains, according to Cox."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...usan-powells-remains-under-way-in-oregon?lite

Maybe they changed their minds!!

Apparently the police agree with you Tlcya.

Susan Powell disappearance likely to become cold case, police say

"Really, we are near completion in following up and investigating all the tips and leads that we have. In that regards, we are to a point where we don't have a whole lot more to accomplish," he said.

At some point, police will have to make the decision to move forward, Powell said. He noted that if a new lead should come up, it will be meticulously investigated like all the others. Otherwise, the Susan Powell investigation will likely become a cold case.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=25...earance-likely-to-become-cold-case-police-say

Did Susan Powell’s brother-in-law hide her body?

snipped
In the interview, Bremner related that police learned that Michael Powell had his Ford Taurus towed 100 miles then sold for salvage because, police think, he had Susan Powell’s body in there. "Then he hired militaristic satellite photography people to go look at the wrecking yard to see if his car had been completely destroyed, but it wasn’t," she added.

According to People, Bremner also said that cadaver dogs came to the tow yard and only indicated on his car.

Utah police repeatedly questioned Michael Powell, she told People.

more at link

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56328363-78/powell-police-susan-michael.html.csp

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 56m Chuck Cox told me cops sent bones off for testing. #WVC PD insists NOTHING significant was found. @fox13now #findsusan

Gene Kennedy ‏@GeneKennedyNews 1h Chuck Cox says Michael Powell may have committed suicide just days after learning WVC PD were investigating him in Susan's disappearance.

https://twitter.com/GeneKennedyNews

and don't forget about the insurance policy...

Gene Kennedy ‏@GeneKennedyNews 1h PEOPLE: 2 years after Susan's death, Josh Powell adjusted a $1.5 million insurance policy on his sons to name Michael Powell as 93% benef.

There's some more news about WVC calling off the search for Susan but if good leads come in they would search. Chuck's going back to Oregon with searchers. It's making sense now.

I don't see how she can ever be found, with these cowards dead themselves.

Steven Powell, Josh's dad, is still alive. He knows where Susan is.

If it is true that Michael helped then he is the one that could of said something before he offed himself or at least in a note. I do not believe Daddy dearest ever will. jmo

If Josh put about 800 miles on the rental car then he drove to about Boise, Caldwell or the Idaho/Oregon border to hand off Susan's body. I'm sure it was a secluded area. Steve was off work at that time also.

If Josh put about 800 miles on the rental car then he drove to about Boise, Caldwell or the Idaho/Oregon border to hand off Susan's body. I'm sure it was a secluded area. Steve was off work at that time also.

I feel quite sure that Josh drove her body to make a handoff to his dad and brother, or one of them but with both involved in hiding her.

The positive aspect of WVCPD's actions is that there was a doc drop.

This is what I posted on websleuths.com, 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM

"I believe the first place Josh would head for, when in a state of panic, is home to dear old dad. I think he drove towards Puyallup!

Of course we don't know what law enforcement has learned through phone records or if they have even subpoenaed Steve or Michael Powell's phone records, but I would think Josh would have stopped at a pay phone and called his father or brother then told them to go to a pay phone to call him.

I just can't fathom Josh dealing with the entire Susan disposal without having consulted someone!

I think Josh could dispose by himself...but I agree on the direction: I-84. My daughter and I just drove that way, this week (well...as far as Caldwell, Idaho).

If I were Josh, I'd drive that way and take one of the exits north of Tremonton, Utah. There's many more paved roads that go off into nowhere.

---------------------------------------------------------

The ONLY thing I was wrong about, over three years ago, was the phone. We didn't know Josh had activated a new cellphone -- and guess where he did it: Tremonton.

Yes, we the public didn't know much BUT we used common sense.

I hope Susan's remains will be found one day. There is so much territory to cover it is like finding a needle in a barn full of hay. I understand the Cox's need to keep looking, I would too.
It is sad to read the comments in many of the recently posted articles online. Wow. There are so many misguided folks that have their minds tangled in peripheral unsubstantial trivia and not on the fundamental issues of the case.

In a nutshell to me, the bottom lines are:
The Powell family have some really deep seated dysfunctionality.

Susan should have left JP, but unfortunately her strong religious beliefs and her desire to make the marriage work kept her from taking the leap out.

The government nor any agencies thereof, nor the Cox's, nor the LDS Church caused or contributed to what JP ultimately did. Nor did they cause or contribute to MP's leap from a parking garage.

JP murdered Susan, his family is in the know as to details and SP belongs in prison a heckuva lot longer for his sick crimes. I don't care if he owns the house and has served his time, upon release he should NOT be allowed to move back into that neighborhood. It would be unfair to his victims who should not be forced to move from their homes to avoid him.
I see so many comments online about how it is unconstitutional to make him leave his own home upon release. Phooey.

SP is the crux of the dysfunction in that family and ultimately is equally responsible for the actions of his sons, which include murders and suicides. Doesn't take too much imagination to figure out why his remaining son has serious psych issues and why his daughter is such a brainwashed sad mess. I praise Jennifer Graves for her strength in separating herself and being a healthy survivor of that ill and doomed family. Perhaps if the mother (TP) had possessed some backbone and some serious therapy, the other zombified children may have made it out of that psychological nightmare before it came to this. JMO.
Sad all around.

I can't tell you if Susan Powell will ever be found. I hope she will be, but I have a feeling she won't.

Here's one thing that bothers me, she was last seen in Utah, and they're looking in Salem, OR?

There are at least a dozen counties that you can go through to get to Salem, and almost every one of them in less populated than Marion county.

In fact I was thinking about it, and I decided to fill out a handy-dandy little map of county lines and the rough population of each of them.

9a3ama.jpg

Here's the population key

Utah:
35cimj7.gif

Idaho:
iem0w2.gif

Oregon:
2vxefdh.png

Washington:
2qjc9qf.gif

And Nevada, because why not?
2nqh1mv.gif