Does anyone recognize this?

Discussion in 'Tara Grinstead' started by lobo34, Dec 8, 2010.

1. lobo34

lobo34 New Member

There was a body found in Macon, GA and this was some of the jewelry found with it. Does it look familiar to anyone familiar to the case??

[​IMG]

Just wondering.

lobo

2. froggierintexas

froggierintexas Don't squat with your spurs on!

Do you have a link to an article or anything else?

3. lobo34

lobo34 New Member

4. froggierintexas

froggierintexas Don't squat with your spurs on!

Thank you.

5. Bree0372

Bree0372 Prayers for Tripp ~ Team Boom

I hadn't heard about this finding, but those look like an engagement ring, wedding ring set, and a sapphire eternity band to me. Plus, a gold watch.

I wouldn't think that the jewelry was Tara's, but I do not know for certain. I'm just guessing that it's not since she wasn't married or engaged.

I've attached the same photo (taken from the link) with the gold coloring of the jewelry.

Attached Files:

6. lobo34

lobo34 New Member

Thanks Bree0372 for reposting the original color pic.

As I said in the OP... I took a pic with my phone and uploaded it, so the color was off.

I really don't know if any of this is Tara's or not, I just know that Macon is 20 miles from Perry, and about 100 miles from Ocilla. It's a shot in the dark, but you never know!

lobo

7. carterkatt

carterkatt Active Member

Thanks for posting this. I am sure one of the people very familiar with the case can determine if this is hers. I very much doubt it is (but good to check!) as I don't think this jewelry is her style.

8. MaMaDr

MaMaDr New Member

Regarding the jewelry, I'm not sure it would be Tara's. When I saw it, I was wondering if it could possibly be that of Peterson's wife (he did drive south for 'vacation' with the kids and several people speculated he was dumping the body or items that would incriminate him. Also, what was the lady's name that was kidnapped while speaking to her fiance by cell phone on her walk. That is quite mysterious. Hopefully the family this woman belongs to will know it's her soon.

9. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

IDK the jewelry seems like for a older women to me.

The woman you were asking about is Kristi Cornwell. Gee so many still missing.

10. RememberTara

RememberTara Member

Human remains found in Macon identified

Human remains found in December by a man walking his dog in Macon’s Pleasant Hill neighborhood have been identified.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/macon.news/breaking_news;c2=breaking_news;c3=breaking_news_homepage;!category=breaking_news;template=article;***=center6a;group=300x250;sz=300x250;ord='+_krdDartOrd+'?

DNA testing and a GBI anthorpologist’s investigation have identified the remains as 45-year-old Hilda Louise Collins of Mathis Street, said Leon Jones, Bibb County coroner.
    Collins’ remains were discovered near the dead end of Ferguson Street about a week after her birthday.
    Several pieces of jewelry also were discovered. The jewelry later was identified by Collins’ family and friends, according to a Macon police news release.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/02/02/1433626/human-remains-found-in-macon-identified.html#ixzz1CqUeJPO6

11. CanManEh

CanManEh New Member

OK im not gonna lie to you people lol i was a athlete so geography was not a great passion of mine so iam askin for help here not laughs is the place where u seen that jewelery found anywhere near where the rachel louise cooke girl was and still is missing . I only ask because i just read all of her fathers journal from day one and at the end a killer confessed and his name was michale moore i believe and he later said he didnt do it but point is he did kill a few people and that was something they found out on his property i think he kept stuff like that .. prolly nothing but u never know .

12. RememberTara

RememberTara Member

Rachel Louise Cooke disappeared from Georgetown, Texas.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooke_rachel.html

The jewelry was found in Macon, Georgia. According to Mapquest, it is 16+ driving hours or about a 1000 miles. Tara Grinstead disappeared from Ocilla, GA. Ocilla is about 100 miles south of Macon.

13. deer

deer New Member

What do miles have to do with it? Tara, either left on her own, or possibly, she is deceased and someone carried her body far away. Who had time to take her body far away? After you answer who had time to take her body far away, ask how far could she could have gone on her own?

14. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

The previous poster asked how far it is between where the jewelry was located and where Rachel Cooke disappeared. That's what the miles part was about.

Certainly, we should continue to look at options even if they are far away... there have been a number of cases where the missing person got a ride (or was taken) far away from where they started!

Lesliebham likes this.
  15. UdbCrzy2

UdbCrzy2 New Member

They look like older style jewelry, say from 1990's. That doesn't mean it belonged to an older person.

16. deer

deer New Member

The previous poster, also, referred to the miles in distance of Tara disappearing.
    I just want her found. Whether she left on her own, or she was taken. I want her found. My oldest daughter went through High School with Tara. When I see Tara, I think about my daughter. I want her found.

17. RememberTara

RememberTara Member

Sorry if my post was misunderstood. I thought CanManEh was looking for a connection in the disappearances between Rachel Louise Cooke and Tara Grinstead. I wasn't sure if he wanted to know how far Texas was from Macon (where the jewlery was found) or Ocilla (where Tara was last seen).