Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the statement "...she was doing great then..." or maybe the word was 'fine' or something to that affect, is here somewhere. We've been over this countless times and just when I'm ready to give up, someone finds the link. If I recall correctly, it wasn't found in the LVA or hypnosis video. I remember being surprised as to where it was found because I thought it was in one of the two videos mentioned.

Either way, I'm willing to concede if we can't find the link.

:dance:

It is in DotsEyes otherwise excellent transcription of the hypnosis video here:
Hypnosis transcription - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Then I walked out of the house and I called Ronald and I said “well, the A/C guy is here” and he said “yeh”, and I gave the phone to Ronald to talk to the A/C guy and my brother was there and we just watched the kids play in the yard and Haleigh was doing great, riding her bike trying to pop wheelies and me and my brother, we just sat over there and watched the kids play.

However, it is an error in the transcript. Listening to the video she says something different. IMO she says "Haleigh was doing her... riding her bike..."

hmmmm - well, we know who her two visitors were that night at around 7:30 p.m.!

GGS and "a mystery family member" stop by with clean clothes for the children. With so much talk about "laundry", I'm beginning to think that this was code for something sinister. jmo

MC knows exactly what happened..she loved HaLeigh so much, she couldn't stop her from being taken? Instead she takes Jr. and hides under the covers as she's hearing poor, precious HaLeigh screaming...This is the story I do believe. MC has implicated her cousin JO from the start. LE didn't believe her for whatever reasons but I truly feel she does know. In telling the truth, she will be seen as not coming to HaLeighs defense..she allowed JO to take her. She should have called 911 immediately and maybe HaLeigh could have been saved. Instead for 16 months, she and ToC allowed HaLeigh to remain where she was because they are all implicated. One goes down, they all go down, IMO and NO ONE SHOULD GET ANY DEALS IN REGARDS TO HALEIGH...they had their chance 16 months ago and allowed the elements to eliminate any evidence proving so...JMHO

MC has shades of ICA, IMO...she cares only for herself, self preservation is all she knows since she's been used and abused from family and friends.

I believe, this fight over the gun is the reason HaLeigh was taken. I believe this was JO's way of getting back at RC for humiliating him, embarassing him in front of his family and probably got beaten by RC..this gun is the object of his affections....HaLeigh was the object of revenge, JMHO

Justice for HaLeigh

I don't post that often, but something is bothering me.
All theses discussions over if it's possible for Misty to have been passed out because of drug use should be a moot point.

Drugs affect different people different ways (as you can see from members personal experience). There have been times where I had 4 drinks, blacked out and had full conversations and don't remember a single thing from the whole night. There have been times where I have drank 10 drinks and remember everything. There have been times where I have taken Ambien and passed out in ten minutes into what seems like a coma only to wake up wide awake and confused 4 hours later. There are times when I have taken muscle relaxers and don't remember anything and wake up to find joural entries I made and don't remember.

I have narcolepsy, and I also have taken other medications to regulate sleep (which are available on the street) which have completely knocked me out and if I try to move, it's pretty much impossible.
I actually have an alarm clock for people hard of hearing because I used to sleep through my 4 regular alarm clocks.

So, all this discussion over how Misty may have been that night because of drug use is something we will probably never know or figure out.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be "arguing" over it.

I agree, Kogeliz. Further, GGM is insistent that Misty wasn't strung out when she saw her. I have a harder time believing Annette Sykes' retelling than I do Misty's, and that's going a stretch.

The cleverest criminals only allow certain parts of the story to be known by any one other person. If one keeps all the details and parcels out responsibility for telling certain details to others, it's easy to keep control over things. What I think we see going on here is some of these others are linking their parts of the stories together and it's coming up with a much wilder tale.

Like that T-2000.......as all the parts start to melt back into one another, we will eventually see the whole thing.

Respectfully snipped from B4igo2it post above:

She always finishes it with "That's all I know."

Each time I hear Misty repeat this line, I can't help but think that she might be able to further quality the statement by saying "because that's all I was told." IMO, Misty was repeating a script that was fed to her by certain individuals whom she chooses not to name.

If I wasn't completely convinced about a "script" prior to the Meredith Viera interview of the newlyweds, that sealed the deal. When asked why her story kept changing, Misty, all meek and mousy, looks to Ronald for advice on how to answer this very simple question. RC offers no bailout for his bride, and lets her look like a liar once again.

The reason that Misty's story kept changing is because she was having a difficult time remembering her lines verbatim, so she tried to embellish, not too cleverly and probably not to Ron's satisfaction. jmho

This is a dead giveaway IMO that this is NOT all she knows. When someone finishes a statement with "that's all I know" I am immediately convinced that is not the case. Just like people who begin a statement with "Honestly" I get ready for a line of bull. Or "no offense" usually means something really offensive is to follow.

This is a dead giveaway IMO that this is NOT all she knows. When someone finishes a statement with "that's all I know" I am immediately convinced that is not the case. Just like people who begin a statement with "Honestly" I get ready for a line of bull. Or "no offense" usually means something really offensive is to follow.

I can see this interpretation, as well. In that case, she could probably quality the statement with, "I know more, but I've been instructed (by whomever) not to tell", or "I'm afraid of what will happen (to me or others) if I tell." jmo

You are spot on here with "That's all I know". I just read that in Susan Adam's paper on Statement deception. One of the things they look for is just that, because it is saying you are not willing to give further information and are closing down other questions. Not a quote from her, but the drift of the analyzes.

I just don't know. There is a possibility that she was in a complete stupor and doesn't know or can't remember what happened the night of Haleigh's disappearance and she started lying about Joe, Tommy, etc. in a desperate attempt to get out of jail.

I started on page one so I apologize in advance if this is redundant, but why not just say so! It would be a neglect (or something of the like) charge. It would probably help her with a plea.(for the trafficking-providing info on Haleigh) It would be the truth, and it would take the responsibility of Haleighs demise (not disappearance) off of her.

If its the case I think she would be paralyzed with fear about Rons reaction.
Honestly that is the only thing I can think of as to why she hasn't manned up with "I wasn't there".

I guess I just have a hard time believing that some people are against the truth... I believe the truth will set you free, and that you can lie in the flesh all you want, but there is no Lying to God. So... I don't know.
You make good decisions and reap the benefits, and you make mistakes and pay the consequences.

Nothing against you Lexington just jumping off your post. I have thought that MAYBE she had passed out many times but I think everyone knows where I stand, that if I left my kids with someone well they are responsible for taking care of them!
(__________ Insert bad word here.)

I'm so back and forth I stay dizzy!

Well, in my search I found something else..
Misty's hypnosis video..
Please tell me that Ronald was not there! Around the 0:34 mark a male voice says "how longs this gunna take", at the same time misty looks to her left towards the voice....please, please tell me he was NOT there!

http://www.wftv.com/video/20605182/index.html

Pretty sure he was there.

The two even slipped out to pick up food for everyone (Ronald, Teresa, Ronald’s aunt, Jr. and a few other family members were all there).

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/misty-cummings-what-really-happened/

I was just before being sucked into that thought myself, but then I got to thinking....... She was perfectly clear on the 911 call. After staying up the rest of the night, she was out hanging up Haleigh posters the next day. She just seemed too alert to be coming off some heavy-duty drugs. It seems that excuse "I don't know what happened," has served her well for 15 months, and I'm not sure she's ever gonna give it up.

She didnt seem all that together to me.
But I guess my point is that whatever she may have been on, it had to be extremely sobering no matter what to wake up to a child missing. (If of course its someones fault other than her own.)

I truly believe Tommy knows exactly what happened, and possibly Timmy. Tommy just seems more nervous in his jailhouse video's then Misty. Has an extreme edginess about him. If Misty does know something she's smarter then she appears and quite an amazing actress. I think Hank with all his prodding her to tell them everything she knows, she'd have caved by now.
I do believe Misty may have ideas on who it could be, or what transpired. And perhaps that is why she is failing the tests. She's not overly sure, and using the LDT's to try and jog her memories of the night. She really isn't scared of taking them over and over and over even knowing she is failing them. There is no other reason to do that then to use them as a way of recollecting what actually did transpire at the MH. JMO

I think it is possible that Misty was truly confused on the 911 call...she may have fallen asleep after whatever happened, happened, and then woke....

sorry I fell asleep there for a minute..:).a little disoriented now....anyway, if she had re-awoken she may well have had trouble separating fact from fiction or dream by 3am...

When was it RC said he would no longer talk to media? What father of a missing child EVER says that?

Well, in my search I found something else..
Misty's hypnosis video..
Please tell me that Ronald was not there! Around the 0:34 mark a male voice says "how longs this gunna take", at the same time misty looks to her left towards the voice....please, please tell me he was NOT there!

http://www.wftv.com/video/20605182/index.html

I think the whole clan for the most part was there, but I think the voice you hear at 0:34 may be TM... Doesn't sound like Ron C to me..JMO

I think it is possible that Misty was truly confused on the 911 call...she may have fallen asleep after whatever happened, happened, and then woke....

sorry I fell asleep there for a minute..:).a little disoriented now....anyway, if she had re-awoken she may well have had trouble separating fact from fiction or dream by 3am...

When was it RC said he would no longer talk to media? What father of a missing child EVER says that?

Can't remember exactly when, but it wasn't long after Haleigh was reported missing.. within the week I would say...IIRC even in that first plea video the morning after the 911 call was placed he told the reporters he was done and walked off.... His arrogance was most telling...And I suspect the reporters had him pegged then as to being the one who was responsible.... I don't believe they bought what either he or his mother were attempting to sell...JMO

I agree. Big red flag. If she had said "that's all I remember" more; I might have believed her. I still think she's covering for Ron and his family. I just pray we find out soon what happened to lil HayLeigh:angel:

Can't remember exactly when, but it wasn't long after Haleigh was reported missing.. within the week I would say...IIRC even in that first plea video the morning after the 911 call was placed he told the reporters he was done and walked off.... His arrogance was most telling...And I suspect the reporters had him pegged then as to being the one who was responsible.... I don't believe they bought what either he or his mother were attempting to sell...JMO

That scenario is probably similar to the reason that Mark NeJame left the case. Wouldn't we all like to have more details about that short-lived relationship? ;) jmo

I think the whole clan for the most part was there, but I think the voice you hear at 0:34 may be TM... Doesn't sound like Ron C to me..JMO

In Part 2 of the Stress Test starting at 4:48, the analyst asks "Do you have a question? before whoever ask how much longer, Misty turns, looks at someone and says:

"Are you sure you don't want to add anything (gigles) please?"

The only person who she would say that to would be Ron. Who else could add to her talking about Jo/Tommy and the van?

Starting about 6:00 in that tape, she is asked if anyone has threatened to hurt her. She starts talking, says no but then goes on about "if" someone ever put a gun in her mouth she would be freaking (voices cracks like she is going to cry and she glances over to the same direction as she did when she asked about "add anything" above) and goes on for a few seconds then stops and stares in the same direction. She said no one threatened her yet goes on about the gun in her mouth to the point of her voice cracking. No other threat, just the gun in her mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=hA_4G9XJ4o0&feature=related

Why in the world would anyone do a test with other people who are at the very least emotionally involved in the same room? It is like asking an abused child if Mommy hits them with Mommy sitting right next to them. IMO, the analyst and his test has no credibility when he would do it in an environment where she feels threatened. Even if you believe that Ron had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance, he made a threat to kill the person that did. So how can anyone expect Misty to say that she knew more than she was telling with him right there?

I think the most interesting part is once again Misty is not alone to answer questions.

In Part 2 of the Stress Test starting at 4:48, the analyst asks "Do you have a question? before whoever ask how much longer, Misty turns, looks at someone and says:

"Are you sure you don't want to add anything (gigles) please?"

The only person who she would say that to would be Ron. Who else could add to her talking about Jo/Tommy and the van?

Starting about 6:00 in that tape, she is asked if anyone has threatened to hurt her. She starts talking, says no but then goes on about "if" someone ever put a gun in her mouth she would be freaking (voices cracks like she is going to cry and she glances over to the same direction as she did when she asked about "add anything" above) and goes on for a few seconds then stops and stares in the same direction. She said no one threatened her yet goes on about the gun in her mouth to the point of her voice cracking. No other threat, just the gun in her mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=hA_4G9XJ4o0&feature=related

Why in the world would anyone do a test with other people who are at the very least emotionally involved in the same room? It is like asking an abused child if Mommy hits them with Mommy sitting right next to them. IMO, the analyst and his test has no credibility when he would do it in an environment where she feels threatened. Even if you believe that Ron had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance, he made a threat to kill the person that did. So how can anyone expect Misty to say that she knew more than she was telling with him right there?

I think the most interesting part is once again Misty is not alone to answer questions.

My thoughts exactly, and the look on her face and how the color changes in her face says it all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500