Dog Rescue Debate

Yippeee....and God Bless them for rescuing the dog :)

I hope more people will adopt rescue dogs

I know I live in a nutty place but we have special Pet equipment on EMT/Firetrucks

when news is slow our local stations like to show heart tugging video of a kitten or dog with a oxygen mask on being worked on by emt's...I applaud them

we had some grant and we got masks for "flat" faced dogs (like a bull dog) and pointy faced dogs like a shepherd and we have them for little dogs and cats

I think it is a wonderful thing and more places should do this

When the commercials come on TV, I have to change the channel or mute and come back in a few. I can't stand to watch the animals caged and neglected. I donate a little bit to the anti-cruelty society every month. My nana related to animals better than to people.:crazy: I applaud the emt's too.

I watched this live. Everyone involved at the time felt that the dog was tired, extremely scared, and did not know the guys intentions. Noone seemed to blame him for biting, as he was defending himself. If you notice that when the fire fighter and him drop to the ground, he does not try to bite the guy again. He was just really scared-he had been treading water for 45 minutes or more. I completely feel they did the right thing. If if he turned out to be a biter, they still did the right thing. IMO
If he goes to a shelter, they will test him. If he is a biter they will probably put him down.
At least that's what is done on the animal planet shows I watch.

I know--me too! There were a couple of times where he was getting into dangerous water and I was so scared he would drown. I actually cried when he was set on solid ground after his helicopter ride, and I normally don't cry over stuff like that.
I watched as they rescued that dog and I must say I was so scared for that dog as if it had been a human. I am soooooo glad they saved him/her.

What a heart-warming story. :) There is no doubt in my mind that they did the right thing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back