Dr. Baden's Theory

I am wondering if the chloroform searches have dates attached yet.

Is it possible she looked up the chemical in researching what was CayLee's cause of death....I mean could it have been researched after the beautiful child was deceased???

I am not saying it was or wasn't accidental, just wondering if they have released those computer search dates.

Yes, now that my feathers have unruffled a bit, I disagree with his theory. I don't think chloroform was a long-term solution. If the chloroform was used on Caylee, it was for a quick knock-out, for the purpose of...well, we could fill in this blank with all kinds of heinous things, couldn't we?

I just can't imagine anyone going to the trouble of researching, procuring, and using chloroform to continually sedate their kid. There are just too many OTC easy solutions out there. Benadryl, alcohol, sleep aids, etc.

Even for a quick knockout though it causes burns anywhere it touches. It is sweet, so I guess she could have put it in her drink. She would still have a sick and grumpy kid when she woke up though.

Of course it's possible. People have been Benadryling their kids forever for car trips, flights, etc.

Way back in 1964, my mom had to make a 12 hour drive with two babies, a two year old and a 1 year old, both full of energy....

The pediatrician prescribed something to make the little ones sleepy. Don't remember what it was, but it had the opposite effect on the 1 year old, and he was all over the car the entire trip!

She never tried that again!

One good thing that came out of that FOX piece with Baden was when
someone (forgot who) said the hair found in the trunk believed to be
Caylee's should be checked for drugs.

I'm sure that they have tested the hair for drugs. They are playing so cool with all they are doing, I'm sure so when all the evidence is compiled, they can charge her with murder. Let's see if she's smirking, then!:behindbar

The sedation from Chloroform last less than 15 minutes, it makes no sense that she was using it for the purpose of having her sleep. She would have to have a continuous stream plus oxygen and still hope she didn't OD her.

It causes burns at contact point, and horrible headaches. It would not be the drug of choice for knocking your kid out at all.

I think we are looking at a premediated murder.

I agree.

I've always heard, it doesn't work like it does in the movies. In fact, I have read that the dose needed to knock someone out is likely to just flat out kill them. Why would anyone resort to it, when there are safer (though still foolish) and more available options? Regardless, she was doing searches on it, she had to know the danger.

Even for a quick knockout though it causes burns anywhere it touches. It is sweet, so I guess she could have put it in her drink. She would still have a sick and grumpy kid when she woke up though.

Unless she knew for sure she wasn't going to wake up.

Benadryl must be relatively safe bc my pediatricians have recommended using it when my daughter was having trouble sleeping.

Wonder what other evidence is and when it will be released.
LP's remark about "shocking the world" cant be the chloroform.
There is more to it.
The use of chloroform could have been going on for awhile.
Without Caylee's body the evidence may be much harder to prove.
It sickens me to write this:
depending on the state of Caylee when she is found,
there may still be signs of abuse.
As another WS poster mentioned the possilbity of child *advertiser censored*, if it was the case, will anyone ever be able to prove this?

Ugh, lost my post! I'll sum it up...

I think, I have read that it leaves the body rather quickly. Which, would also explain the need to administer it regularly. Anyhow, that is probably why it was chosen...she didn't want anything easily detectable. Although, again, she had to have known death was a likely result. So, either way, I still don't see it as an accident.

I think if Casey used chloroform on the baby, she used it, put her to sleep and put her in that pool to drown. In ohter words, killed her on purpose but put her out before she did so. Maybe she planned to say the kid drowned by mistake. Snuck in the pool. Then chickened out and came up with the nanny took her stuff. Just another idea of mine.

<<I agree.. He lost ALL my respect when he testified at the Phil Spector trial that Lani Clarkson had 'committed suicide".. >>

Heck, he lost my respect during the O.J. trial.

The sedation from Chloroform last less than 15 minutes, it makes no sense that she was using it for the purpose of having her sleep. She would have to have a continuous stream plus oxygen and still hope she didn't OD her.

It causes burns at contact point, and horrible headaches. It would not be the drug of choice for knocking your kid out at all.

I think we are looking at a premediated murder.

I agree - I definitely think Casey murdered her. this girl was a ticking time bomb. although the chloroform threw me a little - it seems too sophisticated a tool for Casey to use. she's cunning and manipulative, yes, but not that smart. my only conclusion is that she got the idea for it from American Psycho or some other tv/movie reference.

I don't think she used it on Caylee.
I posted a link yesterday.... people use it to get high!
JMO

I don't think she used it to sedate Caylee, but if KC used it to get high, why would vapor be in the trunk, of all places? :confused: The trunk, may I add, where they found evidence of a decomposing body.

She may have used it thinking it was untraceable, some got in the trunk, i doubt she expected that.

does anyone else feel like were trying to put together a puzzle with pieces from different boxes?

Interesting. It would be important to know when Casey looked up the information on the internet about Chloroform. So I would hope this still falls under intent to kill. How can you accidently give your baby Cholorform but it still be an accidental death?

Has LE said Casey was looking up choloroform or that SOMEONE was looking it up on the puter? Even though it may have been Casey's computer doesn't mean it was her although LE can tell who it was via computer forensics (log in name, password, accounts accessed, etc...)

My newest "gut feelings".................."The lady (Cindy) doth protest too much, methinks" ---Shakespeare

Way back in 1964, my mom had to make a 12 hour drive with two babies, a two year old and a 1 year old, both full of energy....

The pediatrician prescribed something to make the little ones sleepy. Don't remember what it was, but it had the opposite effect on the 1 year old, and he was all over the car the entire trip!

She never tried that again!
Did they have Benadryl back then, maybe as an Rx? Because that's the effect it had on my son back when he was about 1 or 2 years old. I gave it to him one night because he had a horrible cold and couldn't sleep due to the stuffy nose. I figured it would have the added effect of helping him sleep. Boy was I wrong! He walked around in circles in his room with his eyes bugged out and jabbering to himself. Poor kid.

Back to the OT, I think if I wanted my 2 year old to go to sleep so I could party, I wouldn't go to the trouble of ordering chloroform off of the internet. I'd go to Walgreens and buy a bottle of childrens Benadryl instead. Unless maybe it had the same effect on Caylee that it had on my son when he was that age?

I agree - I definitely think Casey murdered her. this girl was a ticking time bomb. although the chloroform threw me a little - it seems too sophisticated a tool for Casey to use. she's cunning and manipulative, yes, but not that smart. my only conclusion is that she got the idea for it from American Psycho or some other tv/movie reference.

I agree and posted my theory on the other thread. I don't think Casey used this to knock Caylee out on a continual basis. I think she looked up the use of Chlorform with the intent to murder her daughter. I still stand by my theory that a fight broke out between Casey and her parents and Casey decided to eliminate her problem Caylee. She wasn't about to allow her parents to continue controlling her. Caylee hindered Casey's lifestyle. i think the Cholorform was a one time use, too risky to have that chemical around her parents.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back