Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happened almost 20 years ago, Burke should NOT have done this interview (or any interview). It was ill-advised and did him no favors.

I'm blown away by how much he looks like his mother. He's practically her clone.

I'm looking forward to what the CBS special says today as I'm sure those of you who are saying they're trying to get ahead of the info in the special are correct.

I keep seeing people write that JR isn't wealthy anymore. Is that true? If so, what happened?

The renewed interest in the case is "interesting" and doesn't seem to be a total rehash of all the old propaganda, which I am grateful for. I missed the BR interview but will watch it soon.

I do want to offer that when JB was murdered, Colorado law started that any one under the age of 10 was incapable of committing a crime. There was no way BR could have been charged. I'm not a lawyer but this info came from other lawyers on forums at the time.

Also, PR and JR would NEVER have let BR go to school or be interviewed so soon after the murder if they thought he either did it or knew who did. Kids his age just talk. BR would have told something or given himself away.

As easy as it is to believe BR knows or knew something, I just don't see it as valid based on the behaviors after the crime.

Burke didn't look like a normal almost 30 year old man. It looked like he got a lollipop with his hair cut and his mom picked out his clothes. We know that didn't happen but he was likely told or given what to wear. It was blue for the same reason any lawyer tells their client to wear blue, it just looks more honest. Patsy had a blue suit at the ready when the indictment was read. His shoes looked uncomfortable too, fresh out of the box. I'll be waiting for installment 3 with Dr Phil but he's out of the loop if he only mentioned bedwetting and not the soiling behavior.
I'm now picturing BR with a lollipop talking to DP.:laughing:

The renewed interest in the case is "interesting" and doesn't seem to be a total rehash of all the old propaganda, which I am grateful for. I missed the BR interview but will watch it soon.

I do want to offer that when JB was murdered, Colorado law started that any one under the age of 10 was incapable of committing a crime. There was no way BR could have been charged. I'm not a lawyer but this info came from other lawyers on forums at the time.

Also, PR and JR would NEVER have let BR go to school or be interviewed so soon after the murder if they thought he either did it or knew who did. Kids his age just talk. BR would have told something or given himself away.

As easy as it is to believe BR knows or knew something, I just don't see it as valid based on the behaviors after the crime.
This is one of the few things that gives me pause about the BDI theory.

I believe a nine year old can keep a secret like no adult can..oh yes...I did.

OK my bad for taking a big swig of tea (Jasmine tea for those who might be curious) and then reading the above. LOLOL. And... cleanup on aisle 7.
Thank you for the details! You know we thrive on the details! :happydance:That cracked me up also! I sure needed a good laugh right about now!:laughing:

Agreed. Plus I have never seen BR as a normal kid. He was probably used to keeping things private. Especially if he was involved. I would think the thought of cops taking me away or my parents away would be a dang good reason to keep my mouth shut. Even at 9 yrs old kids can and do keep secrets.

you betcha he can especially after his dad rammed down his throat over and over about how they put bad little boys in the Chokey for 100 years for crimes like this

I often wondered about BR little life before the crime, his mother was obsessed with JB and his dad was a work aholic so who was caring for him ? Poor kid in a way I feel bad for what his life must have been like even with all the glitz and glamour and money at the end of the day its that togetherness and love of family that really matters and i wonder how much of that either one of them got. Christmas must have been a nightmare if you were a kid that just wanted to play with your toys instead of entertain the whole of Boulder and attend the formal parties etc and it is this holiday angst that may have gotten the best of one or more of them which led to the murder of that beautiful little girl

what channel and time is the new show on ??? I am on the west coast and cant find anything on my Wave line up for tonight,

CBS special is delayed until 8:43PM (EDT) due to late-running football game and 60 Minutes.

BBM

You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have lost both a sibling (when I was a child) and a son (and struggled with helping my other children through the trauma, both of whom happen to have varying degrees of aspergers). There is absolutely ZERO comparison between how an adult processes a loss and how a child processes a loss.

My older brother died when I was six. I remember being extremely concerned about my sister and parents (far more than my brother). And i remember playing with my cousins at the funeral home and being very excited because everyone was bringing me presents. What my brother's death meant and its impact was something I was far too young to be able to process. Children process death as they grow and develop intellectually and emotionally, and looking back it's a very strange process... to mourn years later for someone you barely remember. And it messes you up in so many ways... your view of the world, your feelings of safety and security are forever different from your peers. And that difference shows, and separates you. (Part of that, I'm sure, is that I had no therapy of any kind after).

As an adult, when I think about my brother, I feel some sadness for the relationship we might have had, but I wouldn't call it grief really, not as an adult would think of it. Hard to explain and put into words. By the time I understood his death and what I lost, he had been gone so long I didn't miss him. There's a distance there, the relationship we had is too far away, it's just a distant and vague memory. I certainly would not speak of him in the same way as I would as someone I lost as an adult.

And I'm sorry, but no one can understand the way a child thinks about the loss of a sibling unless they have experienced it. The trauma impacts you physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is overwhelming and it changes you. When my son died, I was able to talk to my kids very specifically about what they were feeling and thinking. And my husband said he had no idea that they were thinking what I *knew* they were thinking. And my kids are extremely concerned about my husband and I, and each other. Both are in both trauma and grief therapy, and, especially with the aspergers, they have a very hard time speaking about it. It will be many years before they recover, and even with the counselling the trauma has changed them forever.

So BR... he's forever damaged and traumatized, just from her death. Add that she was murdered into that, another layer of security stripped away. And to have his parents accused... more security stripped from him. It's so important for children to feel safe in the world, and he has probably never had a single moment since that night where he truly felt safe. And he likely never will. The world will never feel safe for him.

His memories are likely vague, (due to both his age at the time as well as the result of the emotional trauma). And due to the circumstances I'm sure he's heard the story of that night many, many times. What he really remembers versus what he "remembers" because he's heard it over and over, there's no way to tell, and I have no doubt it's all mixed up in his mind.

I'm not at all surprised that he doesn't show any grief about his sister at this point, 20 years later. (When I tell people I had a brother who died, and they say "I'm sorry", I think "why? I was a kid and it was a million years ago", and I know I don't show grief when I thank them for the thought)

And I'm not surprised he seems to have been more concerned about his mother than his sister... IMO, having experienced it and watched my children go through it, that's completely normal. She was in front of him crying, JBR wasn't. And he was too young to understand and process the loss in the same way an adult would.

Children think very concretely, and for kids with aspergers that's especially true. If he is on the spectrum, his lack of socially acceptable expression and his "distance" would simply add on to and amplify what a "neuro-typical" person would express. IMO

I've never been a BDI, because I don't see anything abnormal about his reactions as a child going through that. I do think RDI, but I don't see Burke involved at all.

All IMO, MOO, ETC.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Great insight. Thank you for sharing.
What do you make of Burke staying in bed white all the commotion going on? Particularly a stranger coming in to his room waving a flashlight around?
I think that as a kid if my mum came in to my room acting "psycho" (kid term for frantic IMO) I would be getting up and trying to help my mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa