Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes a lot of sense to me. Casey would drug and/or ignore Caylee all day. When Cindy came home, she would go into hyper mommy mode. This could be why Cindy has consistently insisted Casey was a good mom. Because when Cindy was around Casey was a good mom competing for Caylee's love.

The image of Cindy pinning Casey to the floor (giving her a good old fashioned spanking) makes me snicker a little bit.

And that is exactly what psychopaths do. They are all about 'appearance." They know they must mimic normalcy. They know what is expected of them and they will do it when it behooves them when around others.

I shudder to think how Casey was though when no one was around but just Caylee and Casey. I imagine then little Caylee had to fend for herself finding ways to occupy her mind.

IMO

My take:
Cindy Anthony is a lost cause. Possibly even dangerous.
Her daughter is a lost cause. Definitely dangerous.
George Anthony is probably a lost cause. Possibly a loose cannon.
Lee Anthony is MIA...probably truly in denial and likely a lost cause, too.

It wouldn't surprise me, one bit, if one or both of these parents is setting a trap to lure their felon daughter home to enact the justice that was denied.

I don't stick up for my child if he's done something wrong, and I don't protect him from the consequences. This is just as vital as providing food, shelter and love.

Aqua

You first have to believe you're child has done something wrong. If that part hasn't been resolved, then the 'protecting from the consequences' never comes into play.

That's where I see a lot of parents fall into. It's not that they stick up for the child because they did wrong, it's they don't accept/agree/etc that the child did something wrong in the first place. Especially when it's another parent accusing their child.

Yes, I agree with that. I was responding to a post that said mothers stick up for their child no matter what (paraphrasing).

It is important to note the context wherein CA smiles. When she smiles it is at inappropriate times. Her wheels can be seen turning, behind the smile, while she searches for the next response. Just as it has been suggested, that when the Anthonys say one thing it probably means just the opposite, it seems that a smile on her face is likely hiding some anger/rage, hatred, sadness or disgust.

When CA shakes her head, "NO," it seems that she is either trying to shut someone up or she means, "YES, that is what happened and I will just say it's not true."

And this: ". . . if she said Caylee drowned but could not produce her body, nobody would believe her."

I noted that too. It made no sense. Why should the location of the body, or Casey's knowledge of it or the lack thereof, make the manner of death more or less believable?

Made no sense at all. I really hope Dr. Phil will raise questions about this, as well as the more obvious issue of "how did Cindy know that Casey had an idea where the body was dumped? And when did she know it?"

My take:
Cindy Anthony is a lost cause. Possibly even dangerous.
Her daughter is a lost cause. Definitely dangerous.
George Anthony is probably a lost cause. Possibly a loose cannon.
Lee Anthony is MIA...probably truly in denial and likely a lost cause, too.

It wouldn't surprise me, one bit, if one or both of these parents is setting a trap to lure their felon daughter home to enact the justice that was denied.

my bold

I wouldnt be depressed if it happened.

Cindy knows but she can't admit it. She is going to say the child drowned yet KC still was chopping down bamboo that very same day. Riggggggggggggght.

Another inconsistency in Cindy's story that Dr. Phil didn't question. She thinks Casey borrowed the shovel to dig up bamboo after Caylee was already dead, when supposedly the reason to dig up the bamboo was so Cayee wouldn't cut her little bare feet.

Offender Casey Anthony

OKC is Offender KC

I know... we need to adopt a uniform code...

I refuse to give her a personal identity. The felon and the criminal are my usual choices.

About Cindy's comment relating to knowledge of where Caylee had been dumped...

Just remembered the snippet of one of the first jailhouses visit, where Cindy says- we don't know where Caylee is, and Casey sneers and says sarcastically, you don't?

Thinking about it now, I'd bet that Cindy is play-acting for the cameras, knowing the tapes will be used in court, and Casey, knowing that Cindy knows well enough, if not yet exactly, lets her game face slip for a moment out of pure contempt for her mother.

U see this is the type of stuff that drives me crazy. So when did these people finally find out what happened? Did they not admit it because they themselves didnt belive the version of caylees death that the offender was giving them. I remember that time in November of 2008 when cindys silent interview and the search of the woods happened. So I think we can all assume that that is when oca admitted that caylee was dead?? what?? They knew this whole time. Hey Dr. Phil, u want a ratings grabber investigate that will ya!!!!!

As with other posters ,I'm starting to see new meaning in some of what Cindy has said and done.
She sent George off to work ,insisted he go,then she took care of the car.

Total supposition ,but what if Cindy was actually working with Casey to get rid of George? She was angry during the split and told her mother she couldn't divorce George because he would get half of the proceeds from the house SHE paid for.

We just learned that Casey felt when George and Cindy were separated ,George said they needed to sell the house and split the profit. Casey told Cindy that George just wanted to throw her out. What if Cindy and Casey started working on a plan at that point. Maybe that was part of the reason Casey was telling Amy George had stroke and she would soon be getting the house because her parents were divorcing.She was going to use these excuses to explain why George was no longer around.
Maybe Cindy was actually a part of those google searches and that's why she has defended Casey all this time.
Something about the little digs at George that I've read in the transcripts here have me thinkin' just maybe.............................

From my take on the interviews (I watched them every minute), I think Cindy is in shockingly deep and even delusional denial, but I can't tell whether the core of it is malignant narcissism or a toxic level of codependency. It's clear that she desperately wants and needs Casey's love and is choosing to view everything in the light most favorable to Casey in the hope of keeping some possibility open that Casey will someday love her again. Emotionally, she can't go anywhere near the idea that Caylee was killed out of hatred for Cindy, or that the Casey's whole pattern of leading them on about Caylee's whereabouts and refusing to even see Cindy while in jail was an exercise in deliberate or at least totally callous cruelty on Casey's part, towards both parents but especially Cindy. Cindy would like to believe that if Casey blames anyone, it's George. So Cindy too blames George, for angering Casey and bringing about the rejection of both parents. Cindy has this fantasy that some day Casey will confide in her and all will be made right between them. She's not letting a truckload of hard cold reality interfere with that treasured fantasy.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if FCA herself is shocked at the lengths her mother would go to absolve her (FCA's) actions.

Actually, I think she probably thinks its her birthright. Remember that tantrum in the Courtroom.

I'm appalled at Cindy referring to Caylee's body as a shell. Perhaps she should take a look at that shell so she can admire Casey's handy work. Great mothers don't throw their dead children away in garbage bags. There is no excuse for abusing a corpse---NONE CINDY.

Although I can't vouch for the authenticity, I saw a picture of Caylee's remains after they were pieced together by the ME. Her bones were so tiny that I can't believe CSIs were able to find them. I could tell which parts were missing and it bothers me that part of Caylee is still in that dump/swamp. I wish I could erase that image from my mind. CA and GA should take a look before they receive the next check exploiting Caylee's death.

If Cindy really thinks of Caylee's body as 'just a shell' why is she wearing her body? Why didn't she show up when the evidence was presented regarding the shell?

IMO

I still have nothing but sympathy for Cindy. I do believe she is in deep pathological denial. How would it be of any benefit to her to actually accept the truth? If she needs to believe it was an accident and Casey lies because of a brain tumor, chemical imbalance or whatever to get out of bed and simply survive everyday...so what? Why does anyone care? Her beliefs didn't kill Caylee. Her actions didn't get Casey off.

Linda, I appreciate your honesty. I have sympathy for both of the A's because they didn't kill anyone. I don't want to take any more flack on this board because of it, but I might.

I can't say I have NOTHING but sympathy for CA, though. Ask any therapist out there: it's of GREAT importance for anyone to accept the truth. Denial can affect your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

She knows her statements on Dr. Phil were crazy and bizarre. She even said she doesn't care what people think of her. But the world has followed this case, and cried for Caylee. For CA to say, on national TV, that "that wasn't really Caylee" in the woods, and to suggest that KC should not be criticized for the partying pics after her own granddaughter was killed, bagged, and thrown away.... well, you're asking for condemnation.

What if everyone else felt that way? Imagine! The public, people who didn't even know Caylee, are giving her more honor in death.

I know my observances are much milder than others on this board, but that's my :twocents:.

As with other posters ,I'm starting to see new meaning in some of what Cindy has said and done.

Total supposition ,but what if Cindy was actually working with Casey to get rid of George? She was angry during the split and told her mother she couldn't divorce George because he would get half of the proceeds from the house SHE paid for.

We just learned that Casey felt when George and Cindy were separated ,George said they needed to sell the house and split the profit. Casey told Cindy that George just wanted to throw her out. What if Cindy and Casey started working on a plan at that point. Maybe that was part of the reason Casey was telling Amy George had stroke and she would soon be getting the house because her parents were divorcing.She was going to use these excuses to explain why George was no longer around.
Maybe Cindy was actually a part of those google searches and that's why she has defended Casey all this time.
Something about the little digs at George that I've read in the transcripts here have me thinkin' just maybe.............................
Seriously, though........Im starting to look at things a bit differently as well. hmmmm????? The only thing is the Cindy myspace posting. That throws it off abit for me.

Well, now there's some food for thought!! I always thought KC was out to get both her parents-but maybe your premise is better!! :waitasec:

*I get that this wasnt particularly brutal, but it wasnt softball either.

Dr. Phil was as direct as he could be without raising ire from them. He kept CA on a leash, if you ask me. He struck a good balance. Again, I really want to see the raw video. I'm sure lots of good Q's and A's were cut out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard