Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was probably one of the DF team phoning in.:floorlaugh:
We will just follow up on the womans phone call with a bunch of DUHS!!!!

Did anyone else see/hear it? Her comments were met with stunned silence, then Jean Cesares (filling in for NG) just said, "wow".

--My first post here, though I've been reading y'all for a looong time. :)

I think sane folks have a difficult time wrapping their brains around what crazy folks say and do. Thankfully, really, but still. Crazy folks are by definition not rational, and so it is problematic to use only logic to figure them out.

Understanding that, here is my take on Cindy: She is in denial, if and when it suits her own purposes to be in denial. All the evidence suggests that Cindy knew Casey was anything but an "awesome" mother, and that she knew Casey had serious mental health problems at least since her high school years.

Cindy knows she failed her daughter. A responsible (and sane) parent would have forced Casey into serious counseling many years ago, and would never have tolerated Casey's lies, much less enabled them, much less co-created them.

George's nightmare--and rightly so, the source of his heaping pile of guilt-- is that he knew that Cindy's parenting was wrong and destructive at every level, but that he did not intervene. Ever.

Over and over he chose to protect himself from Cindy and Cindy's anger, even when that escape came at the expense of first his daughter, and then his precious grand-daughter. No wonder he tried to kill himself. By his inaction, he absolutely shares responsibility for all that has happened.

Cindy, IMO, is a sociopath, pure and simple. For those of you who want to understand the Cindys (and Caseys) of the world, I highly recommend the book-The People of the Lie Cindy is incapable of loving. She didn't love Casey and she didn't love Caylee. Her tears are for herself- for her loss of control and for her loss of the illusion of family.

She uses denial not because she loves Casey unconditionally and can't accept the truth about Casey (what a joke!), but because if she admitted the truth about what happened she would have to see her own core ugliness in the mirror and THAT she won't do, no matter what, period.

I don't feel sorry for Casey. Even putting Caylee's murder aside, Casey too obviously enjoys causing her "friends" and family pain. My bet is that she throughly enjoyed watching her parents interviewed.

What a twofer- she gets to witness and enjoy how she's divided her parents and set them at each other, and she gets the satisfaction of knowing a huge number of people have watched the interviews and think her parents are scum.

In the end though, what is most sad to me is that clearly Casey never had a chance to be healthy, and given that plus Cindy's dominant role in that house-hold, Caylee never stood a chance of becoming the whole beautiful person she would otherwise have been.

Shame on them all.

I'm not really sure how GA is all of a sudden this shining light of truthfullness because he's starting to say what people want to hear. The same exact thing happened during the trial and then it took two seconds for people to lump him in with CA.

I fell sorry for people who buy the line 'you never told me this before' during the interview. People should know by now that 95% of everything on tv is scripted.

aww geezzzzz, are we really gonna go down this road AGAIN?

They are both a worthless lump. IMO

So if the jury had found FCA guilty, would CA have accepted that as God telling her FCA did do it? :waitasec:

Nope. If KC had been convicted, I'm sure CA would believe God deceived her.

Last night, she also said she was asking God to give her closure. I really wish Dr. Phil would have asked her, "so do you now have closure?"

after watching snippets on NG over the past two days all I can say is wow. The other WSers have summed it up pretty well. Good lord, where do I begin? Why make up mental excuses if it was an accident? It was okay to dump the body because her soul was gone? And I think GA is going to be sleeping on the couch until they sepatate and untimately divorce. I think G has accepted it and is beginning to heal and move on away from this fiasco, it's only a matter of time before OCA rears her ugly head and breaks the camel's back. What a sad, pathetic story.......

GA looks towards CA pretty much sums it up on what he thinks of what comes out of her mouth.

I'm guessing Dr. Phil is not showing Part 3 until next Monday so he has time to gauge public reaction to Parts 1 & 2 and tailor the show accordingly. He has not shown his hand yet: he got the ratings he wanted but he hasn't yet got the applause he craves. Part 3 will be more about him and his image than anything else, IMO. Poor Caylee, always the pawn.

aww geezzzzz, are we really gonna go down this road AGAIN?

They are both a worthless lump. IMO

The whole point of this interview was to rehab GA's image. The only way that happens is to distance him from the nonsense that was said in the trial. So of course this strategy was discussed between themselves and their attorney before they went on the interview.

Among other things CA has "blocked out" of her mind is exactly what happened to Caylee after KC dropped her off down the street. She makes it sound as if her body just naturally decomposed. Maybe someone she tell her exactly what happened to Caylee by the placement of bones and where they were found in relation to the bags the originally held Caylee's body. This was about the worst thing I have heard CA say about Caylee to date. I think that therapist's has a long road ahead of them with CA.

I also think KC knows to stay away from her mother in case CA suddenly wakes up to the fact of what actually happened to Caylee. jmo

Last night, she also said she was asking God to give her closure. I really wish Dr. Phil would have asked her, "so do you now have closure?"

Well, didn't she say something along the lines of 'I don't care what people think, I've moved on'. I guess that would mean some sort of closure.

--My first post here, though I've been reading y'all for a looong time. :)

I think sane folks have a difficult time wrapping their brains around what crazy folks say and do. Thankfully, really, but still. Crazy folks are by definition not rational, and so it is problematic to use only logic to figure them out.

Understanding that, here is my take on Cindy: She is in denial, if and when it suits her own purposes to be in denial. All the evidence suggests that Cindy knew Casey was anything but an "awesome" mother, and that she knew Casey had serious mental health problems at least since her high school years.

Cindy knows she failed her daughter. A responsible (and sane) parent would have forced Casey into serious counseling many years ago, and would never have tolerated Casey's lies, much less enabled them, much less co-created them.

George's nightmare--and rightly so, the source of his heaping pile of guilt-- is that he knew that Cindy's parenting was wrong and destructive at every level, but that he did not intervene. Ever.

Over and over he chose to protect himself from Cindy and Cindy's anger, even when that escape came at the expense of first his daughter, and then his precious grand-daughter. No wonder he tried to kill himself. By his inaction, he absolutely shares responsibility for all that has happened.

Cindy, IMO, is a sociopath, pure and simple. For those of you who want to understand the Cindys (and Caseys) of the world, I highly recommend the book-The People of the Lie Cindy is incapable of loving. She didn't love Casey and she didn't love Caylee. Her tears are for herself- for her loss of control and for her loss of the illusion of family.

She uses denial not because she loves Casey unconditionally and can't accept the truth about Casey (what a joke!), but because if she admitted the truth about what happened she would have to see her own core ugliness in the mirror and THAT she won't do, no matter what, period.

I don't feel sorry for Casey. Even putting Caylee's murder aside, Casey too obviously enjoys causing her "friends" and family pain. My bet is that she throughly enjoyed watching her parents interviewed.

What a twofer- she gets to witness and enjoy how she's divided her parents and set them at each other, and she gets the satisfaction of knowing a huge number of people have watched the interviews and think her parents are scum.

In the end though, what is most sad to me is that clearly Casey never had a chance to be healthy, and given that plus Cindy's dominant role in that house-hold, Caylee never stood a chance of becoming the whole beautiful person she would otherwise have been.

Shame on them all.

WELCOME Hope4More!!!!!

As for a first post... WOW - hit it right outta the park!

The whole point of this interview was to rehab GA's image. The only way that happens is to distance him from the nonsense that was said in the trial. So of course this strategy was discussed between themselves and their attorney before they went on the interview.

I don't think that that was the whole point but I completely agree that it was all scripted. EVERYTHING! The excuses after the 911 calls. George telling the media that they are "watching" the kidnappers, the hearings, the trial. All for the cameras.

I'm just saying that not all of us conclude that George is a beaming light of rightousness now that he entertains the idea of maybe having a murderous daughter. Neither one of these people have any value left. Certainly not for Caylee anyway.

Respectfully snipped and bolded from BellaVita's post at 5:23AM today:

"Cindy: To me, that was not Caylee, I mean yes it breaks my heart that her body was left there but what were we gonna do anyway? Our belief is for cremation. And Caylee's remains would have been cremated at that time and they were cremated 7 months later."
Cindy is trying to imply that it's not important to what happened to Caylee's body after death because it was not really Caylee? Then why is it so important now? So important that she wears Caylee's ashes? Her actions seem to contradict her words, to my thinking.
I believe she was just trying to trivialize Casey's offense. What's new?

the pets were lovingly wrapped in favorite blanket/towels and properly buried. does varments eating and spreading remains equal cremation?

Dr. Phil's season-opening exclusive with the parents of acquitted Casey Anthony scored the show its highest premiere ratings since 2004.

CBS Television Distribution's Dr. Phil earned a 4.6 rating/13 share primary-run weighted metered market household average, according to Nielsen Media Research, on Tuesday, Sept. 13. That's up 142% from the show's 1.9/6 lead-in and up 109% from last year's 2.2/6 season premiere. Part two of that interview aired Wednesday, Sept. 14. Dr. Phil had been scheduled to premiere on Monday, Sept. 12, with most of the rest of syndication, but was held after CBS was forced to push the men's finals of the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament to Monday due to rain delays.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ar...ives_Show_to_Best_Premiere_in_Seven_Years.php

What I don't get is, CA knew and knows more about the family dynamics, goings-on in the home and Casey's nature than anyone else on earth. She knew in her heart what the truth was - she even lied on the stand because she knew it - but is now relieved because the jury found Casey not guilty ... meaning it must have been an accident?
Has she forgotten what she knew?

Cindy is absolving herself of her part in this.

No she doesn't have her closure, she said she still had things that need answers. But IMO it wouldn't matter if FKC came out and told her mom that she murdered Caylee, that the state was completely right on everything, Cindy would not believe it. She would make another excuse or use a newly made up one ..such as her brain tumor is making her say or think she did these awful things.

She makes me sick...

Dr. Phil's season-opening exclusive with the parents of acquitted Casey Anthony scored the show its highest premiere ratings since 2004.

CBS Television Distribution's Dr. Phil earned a 4.6 rating/13 share primary-run weighted metered market household average, according to Nielsen Media Research, on Tuesday, Sept. 13. That's up 142% from the show's 1.9/6 lead-in and up 109% from last year's 2.2/6 season premiere. Part two of that interview aired Wednesday, Sept. 14. Dr. Phil had been scheduled to premiere on Monday, Sept. 12, with most of the rest of syndication, but was held after CBS was forced to push the men's finals of the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament to Monday due to rain delays.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ar...ives_Show_to_Best_Premiere_in_Seven_Years.php

I can't see how anyone would be surprised. I guess the sad part of that is FCA sees this as well and perhaps think, if my parents can get high ratings for an interview, I wonder what I would get?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/it-...t-get-second-day-bump-dr-phil-debuts-as-no-1/
It Wasn’t Tennis: ‘Anderson’ Doesn’t Get Second-Day Bump, ‘Dr. Phil’ Debuts No. 1

---snipped-----

. Meanwhile, the premiere of veteran talker Dr. Phil, which was pushed to
Tuesday due to U.S. Open-related pre-emptions on the CBS stations, posted a 4.6 household rating for its exclusive interview with the parents of Casey Anthony.

It was Dr. Phil`s highest-rated season premiere in 7 years, up 92% from last season's opener. Dr. Phil led the syndicated talk show pack yesterday, including Regis & Kelly (2.7/10), Dr. Oz (2.5/7), Ellen (2.3/6) and Maury (1.6/5).

Thanks lauriej for this info ...

I am so glad I did NOT watch the shows ... but I am glad that those who had the "stomach" to watch did and report back to us ... Thank You !

By NOT watching the continuing Anthony saga of "As the Lies Turn", I felt I was doing "something" -- as very miniscule as it was -- to NOT contribute to the ratings and the A's ...

It is "sickening" the way BOTH of the Anthony's continue to "spin" their web of lies for their daughter and continue to "trample" over their precious granddaughter ...

The "excuses" and "lies" for the "felon" continue by the Anthony's ... and NOTHING they say NOW -- or even in the future -- will EVER change the "Injustice" of the verdict ...

Poor Caylee ... may she Rest in Peace ...

MOO ...

Ummmmmm ok. Just fricken WOW.

My head is spinning. And I want to hurt someone. (actually, someONES, no prizes for guessing who those someONES are)

Safe to say, the rehab tour - NOT GOING WELL.

at all.

Again, freakin W.O.W.

(I think I am as close to speechless as it is possible for me to get)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member