Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by JerseyGirl, Jan 25, 2019.
Summary of MS's 29 motions filed or to be filed.
Tuesday, May 14th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – Only for *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Pretrial Conference hearing for Sievers & Rodgers on 1/25/19.
1/25/19 Update: Rodgers was brought to Lee County on Tuesday after serving six months in federal prison for a probation violation in an unrelated gun case. Judge has set a trial date of June 3, 2019 for Sievers & Rodgers & expected to last 4 weeks.
2/7/19 Update: Deposition scheduled for Curtis Wright on 3/21 & 3/22 in the Charlotte County jail.
3/25/19 Update: Defense files motion to move trial to September, no date.
4/2/19 Exparte Motion Filed-Defense asks for extra $20K for a change of mitigation specialist. Motions hearing for both on 4/10.
4/10/19 Update: The request was to delay an already scheduled June 3 trial to September, but Judge Bruce Kyle did not approve the motion for continuance yet, and instead set a pretrial conference for May 9 to reassess.
4/19/19 Update: Attorneys representing Sievers filed a motion asking for a forensic psychologist to have access to interview him before a trial. A judge granted the motion Tuesday (4/16/19) afternoon. Forensic psychologists Dr. Lee Underwood and Dr. Amy Weaver Trout now have access to Sievers.
5/2/19 Update: MS's defense wants to suppress mobile phone data dumps from cell towers in CT & Fort Myers. I think this would show the use of prepaid phones. The objection is mainly on privacy issue.
5/8/19 Update: Rodgers had a closed Status hearing. State & Defense still waiting DNA results. Trial has been pushed back, maybe to September.
5/9/19 Update: Sievers has Motions hearing on 5/14. Rodgers has pretrial conference hearing on 5/14.
Mark Sievers Motions filed:
1. 4/4/19 Motion to Continue Trial
2. 4/10/19 Amended Motion to continue trial
3. 4/22/19 Motion to suppress cell tower data (7/16/15)
4. 5/1/19 Motion to compel discover & to take Judicial Notice
5. 4/18/19 Motion for immediate tagging or visible ID of prospective jurors
6. 4/18/19 Motion for juror postponements & excusals to be made on record
7. 4/18/19 Motion for a list of prospective jurors in advance of trial
8. 4/18/19 Motion for preservation of jury selection materials
9. 4/18/19 Motion for court orders concerning the procedures to followed by all court personnel involving all interaction with prospective & seated jurors
10. 4/18/19 Motion for individual & sequestered voir dire on issues of pretrial publicity & views on death penalty
11. 4/22/19 Motion to declare Florida's Capital sentencing scheme unconstitutional
12. (to be filed) Motion to declare s.921.141(6)(a), F.S. (under sentence of imprisonment) & the standard instruction unconstitutional as written & as applied.
13. 4/22/19 Motion to declare s.921.141.(6)(h), F.S. unconstitutional
14. 4/18/19 Motion for cautionary instruction & to limit publication of photographic or other visual depictions of crime scene.
15. 4/20/19 Motion for cost of transcripts
16. 4/20/19 Motion to allow John Thomas Matthews access to Def. Sievers
17. 4/20/19 Motion in Limine - Term "burner phone"
18. (no date) Motion to require victim impact evidence presented to Judge only
19. (no date) Motion in Limine to exclude the sexual lifestyle of the victim
20. (no date) Motion to suppress cell tower date (7/30/19)
21. (no date) Motion for meaningful voir dire
22. (no date) Motion to strike State's notice & amended notice of intent to seek the DP & to preclude jury death qualification
23. (no date) Motion to continue until JAC has available funds
24. (no date) Motion to strike probable cause affidavit
25. (no date) Motion to extend deadlines
26. (no date) Motion to compel DNA & trace evidence reports with enough time for expert evaluation
27. (no date) Motion to compel disclosure of penalty phase evidence
28. (no date) Motion to prohibit reference to "statutory mitigators" and "non-statutory mitigators"
29. (no date) Motion for jury instruction delineating all mitigating factors under Fla. Stat. 921.141(7)(h)
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials.
and yes I'll be shortening this up!
Who is John Thomas Matthews, in #16 of Niner’s above post? The medication specialist?
He's an expert witness, an accountant.
Here is a link to WINK a Florida news outlet. They have a list of several articles relating to Dr. Teresa Sievers murder, hearings and updates. I know we all have read this before but it is an easy quick update in matters pertaining to this case to refresh our minds. It has been a long long time.
Thank you for finding this info. I must have missed it in my search.
....and now why does MS need an accountant? To explain monies before the murder, how he spent it or his monies in prison?
Judge questions MS’s witness list
May 14, 2019 7:06 PM EDT
Sievers and Rodgers are due back in court June 3 for more motions, which was when the trial was supposed to start.
15-CF-000673-B : State of Florida vs Sievers, Mark D
Date Hearing Time Location
06/03/2019 Trial - Kyle, Bruce E 8:30 AM Courtroom 8-A
There's a tiny bit on the accountant in that link:
But I don't really see the need for the accountant to meet with MS. Surely you get the 'financial picture' by looking at financial records, rather than a face to face meeting. Maybe I'm missing something.
Thank you. Very nice article. Glad you are still here. Prayers for justice for Teresa.
IMO, defense is trying to throw anything on the wall to see if it sticks. Makes me wonder if the defense and MS are more then a bit nervous of going to trial, because of evidence the State has.
Signing on for the trial.
I completely forgot about this case for like 3 years so have a lot of catching up to do!
It has no shortage of despicable characters! I have been impatiently waiting for it to go to trial. I'm still not convinced anything will start during 2019, because MS and his attorneys will pull every possible delaying tactic out of their "bag of tricks".
Justice for the sweet, caring, compassionate Dr. Teresa Sievers.