Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson State will rest today, then def. will ask Judge 4 directed verdict. If granted, trial is over. If not, trial continues.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Court is in session, prosecution presenting 7 stipulations. #DrewPeterson

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge on bench. Both sides taking care of housekeeping items before jury enters

Has the illustrious judge made it in the courtroom yet?

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Judge Burmila takes the stand, allows 2 State's exhibits into evidence, transcripts from TV intws of DP.

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Judge denies def. request to read Dr. Bryan Mitchell's autopsy report into the record.

I hate to sound like a CA juror but as much as I believe he killed both women Im not sure enough evidence has been allowed to convince a juror beyond a reasonable doubt he is guilty of being anything but a *advertiser censored*.

#drewpeterson jurors arrived today wearing sports jerseys, breaking from their color coordination. My dream of all-paisley day lives!

All paisley day, lol! How about all day-glo green? :floorlaugh:

Sports jerseys. Hmm... At least the jurors have bonded. I still find it questionable behavior for jurors in a murder trial, but hey, maybe they read here when they go home. Maybe they would rather be home watching pre-season football, who knows. (I'd rather not watch sports, but that is just me, ha!)

Thanks for the updates!

If they show up in pajamas I'll pass out.

:seeya:

Just had a thought after reading your post :

And IF the jury remains standing and recites the Pledge of Allegiance, I'll be joining you ! :eek:

Good Morning ... and THANKS for the updates !

:please: Hoping today is a good day !

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson brief recess is called as attys discuss what exhibits the State will propose to admit into evidence.

#DrewPeterson judge now off the bench as state, defense work on stipulation language. This is routine courtroom stuff, nothing to read into

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
Brief recess in #DrewPeterson trial.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Now #Drewpeterson court is in recess.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
#DrewPeterson trial in brief recess; get comfortable ladies and gents, it's gonna be a long one.

I hate to sound like a CA juror but as much as I believe he killed both women Im not sure enough evidence has been allowed to convince a juror beyond a reasonable doubt he is guilty of being anything but a *advertiser censored*.

This is what kills me. (NOT you concernedmother...but juries). BEFORE DNA and Trace Evidence, all we had was "circumstantial" type evidence. Connecting the dots. The totality of the evidence.

The CSI effect has not been a good thing in some respects. JMHO

I mean should it be changed from "beyond a reasonable doubt" to "if there is no physical evidence of defendant at crime scene...they you must acquit"???

In Session
Judge Burmila takes the bench (the jury is not present). Prosecutor Connor confirms that the State is ready to offer some stipulations, as well as move into evidence some exhibits (including two transcripts from television interviews of the defendant). The defense objects to the transcripts, but the judge overrules the objection and allows them into evidence.

In Session The defense argues that Dr. Bryan Mitchell’s autopsy report should be read into the record. The State says that is not necessary, since Dr. Larry Blum quoted from it extensively. But according to the defense, if it’s not going to be read into the record then there’s no reason to admit Dr. Mitchell’s report into evidence in the first place. Judge Burmila: “Well, there certainly was testimony about a vast majority of the information present in this report from Dr. Mitchell . . . I don’t see the need to read it specifically to the jury, and the defendant’s request that I read it in its entirety is denied.”

In Session Judge Burmila notes some passages in both Dr. Mitchell’s and Dr. Blum’s reports that he is striking before they go into evidence. “State, do you have any additional live testimony to present?” Prosecutor Connor: “No, Your Honor.”

In Session Attorney Brodsky addresses the Court. He asks that another passage be stricken, to which the State has no objection.

In Session Brodsky notes his objections to some of the items that the State hopes to enter into evidence. The judge grants the parties “a very brief recess” so that they can confer about these proposed exhibits.

In Session The judge has left the bench. The trial is in “a very brief recess.”

Kathleens letter would have been good to reinforce the ministers testimony what Stacy told him. I dont get why her letter hasnt made it in.

Kathleens letter would have been good to reinforce the ministers testimony what Stacy told him. I dont get why her letter hasnt made it in.

I thought the letter was coming in and that was why the defense was calling the divorce lawyer to show that Kathy wasn't telling the truth about things. I think I am confused. :what:

Carol Burton ‏@special_ed_gym2
#DrewPeterson: sports jersey guesses while we wait: Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Sox, Black Hawks, Illinois, Notre Dame, Packers, Colts, Joliet Cath.

I thought the letter was coming in and that was why the defense was calling the divorce lawyer to show that Kathy wasn't telling the truth about things. I think I am confused. :what:

Color me confused too! I thought the whole reason they were calling Harry was because they wanted to refute
Kathleen's letter to SA?

I think her letter is damaging. It shows clearly how afraid she was of him and the Bollingbrook police were of no help in protecting her from him.

Brief recess, ha, I think they have that confused with theirLong Johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member