Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are probably there, but Burmila will stroll in about 45 minutes late! Lol! It starts when he decides to show up!

You are so right, Mama-cita!

I hope DP is convicted and any appeal is denied. I don't think I could go through another DP trial if this judge presided. OTOH, maybe a new judge would be up and there could be a more fair trial with a jury hearing all of the truth.

*I think I need to say the serenity prayer this morning and give my attitude a good adjustment. I am way too angry about all of this and am only hurting myself.

Didn't Dr Baden testify for the prosecution here? He doesn't work for the state, and his going rate would be in the same league as DiMaio's.

Besides, someone who works for the state can find themselves under pressure to spin the forensic pathology evidence whatever way suits the state, because the state is their employer. It shouldn't happen, but unfortunately it does in some cases. (Not saying it happened here).

No, Dr. Baden was asked to do a second autopsy by the family, I believe through a news media program. Dr. Baden did not testify in this trial thus far. jmo

Good morning, everyone! :grouphug:

For all in the path of the hurricane, please stay safe. If we have to have a hurricane, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it on up to Kansas because we could really use some rain.

A while back I DVR'd the Drew Peterson movie that was on Lifetime (I forget the name of it). Anyway, I watched it yesterday and I got SO mad that I had to forward through a lot of it. I had forgotten that DP moved a new young girl in after he got rid of Stacey. And, I had forgotten about the friend/brother that helped him move the blue container. Anyway, it just reinforced how MUCH I want DP put behind bars for LIFE.

In Session
3 minutes ago
The Drew Peterson murder trial is back at 9:45 A.M. this morning!

Thomas Peterson, the eldest son of Kathleen Savio and Drew Peterson, may take the witness stand today.

In Session Prosecution PIO Chuck Pelkie has just informed the media that – should the defense rest today – experts Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Larry Blum are on board as prosecution rebuttal witnesses.

Dan Rozek ‏@DanRozek1
#DrewPeterson jurors wearing orange and blue today, apparently in honor of the U of Illinois.

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Brodsky: Tom Peterson "1000% sure his dad is innocent of any wrongdoing in his mom's death" he's the oldest son of

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson If the def. rests today, State may call Dr. Baden as a rebuttal witness. Baden performed Savio's 3rd autopsy.

I hope there's some kind of investigation into the jurors clothing choices. They are mocking the system and showing disrespect for the victim IMO. Also, I really hope the defense can't use that as part of a mistrial/appeal request - that the jurors focus on clothing showed they did not take their duty seriously.

Disgusting really. They should be ashamed of themselves. The judge should've called a recess and made them go change out of sports jerseys.

Well, the bailiff is also dressing in the same colors as the jury so I think that would eliminate any appeal issues. If the bailiff is doing this, the judge had to be aware they were going to do so. It's up to the judge to tell them in respect for the victim they should wear casual business attire and not call attention to themselves. I really am surprised that given the age of the average juror on this jury that they are acting out in this manner....whatever there reason for this display it is very inappropriate for the court room regardless of whatever their frustrations may be. It's not a high school pep rally. jmo

Some people like Dr. Baden and some don't, but I think his testimony would have a positive impact for the PT, and so would Dr. Blums. JMO

Well, at least there is some orange on the jury today, lol!

Bears jerseys at the Drew Peterson trial? Where’s the respect?

Things went from slightly strange to bizarre Monday, when the jurors and the alternates showed up in court wearing sports team clothing.

Seven wore Bears shirts. Three were in White Sox jerseys, two in Blackhawks sweaters, one in a Packers jersey, one a Carolina Panthers T-shirt and one wearing an Augustana College football jersey.

According to courtroom reporters, some in the galley laughed when the jurors entered. When a member of Peterson’s defense team suggested Judge Edward Burmila take a picture of the jury, Burmila joked, “The only reason to take this picture is to demonstrate that no one is unintelligent enough to wear a Cubs jersey.”

Laughter and applause ensued.

When Peterson defense attorney Steve Greenberg questioned the first witness of the day, Mary Pontarelli, he started by asking what jersey she would wear. Pontarelli answered “White Sox,” and Greenberg said, “Instant credibility!” drawing laughs from the gallery.

This is all going down at a murder trial. Where one of the most infamous figures in America is facing charges he killed his ex-wife and made it look like she had drowned in the bathtub. And many believe he killed his still-missing fourth wife as well, though he’s not on trial for that.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper...e-drew-peterson-trial-wheres-the-respect.html

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson court was suppose 2 start 15 min. early today, doesn't appear that's happening.

Really? :what:

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Court hasn't begun yet but I'm told the jurors are wearing U of I colors (or Bears colors?) The Lopez lawyers also match

This is the only tweet I've read that mentions the lawyers also matching so take for what it is for now.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Judge is on the bench. #DrewPeterson

Dan Rozek ‏@DanRozek1
#DrewPeterson jurors wearing orange and blue today, apparently in honor of the U of Illinois.

:notgood:

I honestly thought that jurors were supposed to dress in what you would wear to work....nice slacks and a blouse, skirt etc.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Court hasn't begun yet but I'm told the jurors are wearing U of I colors (or Bears colors?) The Lopez lawyers also match

This is the only tweet I've read that mentions the lawyers also matching so take for what it is for now.

How would the Lopez attorneys know what the jurors were going to wear if they are not suppose to have contact with the jurors?????

:notgood:

I honestly thought that jurors were supposed to dress in what you would wear to work....nice slacks and a blouse, skirt etc.

They are in most court rooms. We were told casual business attire, no t-shirts, shorts, sportswear, etc.

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Judge Burmila takes the bench, but first has to address matters unrelated to DP.

hmmmmm

In Session Judge Burmila takes the bench. Before he turns to the Peterson case, he briefly handles a matter pertaining to another case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500