Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The defense calls its next witness: Robin Queen She is questioned by attorney Joe Lopez. “I work for the Illinois State Police . . . as a special agent, since 2005.”

Queen and a colleague interviewed Savio friend Kristin Anderson at the Anderson home.

Queen interviewed Kristin Anderson with special agent Pryer in Anderson's home in 2007 - there was no mention of a knife.

Queen says there was no mention of Savio owning a knife during that interview. No further questions for Queen.

In Session At one point, she interviewed earlier witness Kristin Anderson. “She had lived for a short time with Kathleen Savio.” “Did she ever indicate to you anything about Kathleen Savio having a knife?” “No.”

BBM.

Now i know he was not saying that it was caused by a hand.. but Im not sure the DT would have wanted him to use that comparison.. as it brought to mind someone hands doing it to me...

Is it just me or did anyone else go there in their heads...

That is exactly what came to my mind as well. lol

In Session That’s the end of the direct examination. The parties approach for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. There is no cross-examination of this witness, and so she is excused.

That is exactly what came to my mind as well. lol

well.. Lets Hope the juries minds went there as well..

It was one of those really creepy feelings you get when he said that.. to me at least.

I wonder if the next witness will be Tom so that he can be the last witness?

If this is all the defense has, then it's not much. JMO

In Session Lopez calls his next witness: Bridget Bertrand. She is a captain with the Illinois State Police. In 2009, she spoke to Kristin Anderson phone calls she claimed to have made to the Illinois State Police. “Ms. Anderson stated she had called the headquarters and stated she had some information into the investigation of the death of Kathleen Savio . . . I spoke to a number of police officers assigned to the building, and asked if anyone recalled speaking to Ms. Anderson. None of the officers I spoke to recalled speaking to Ms. Anderson.” “Were you able to speak to people on duty on March 10, 2004?” “Yes. I believe it was 17 people.” She names several of them. “What is a telecommunicator?” “It’s a dispatcher.” “Did you speak to three who were working on March 10, 2004?” “Yes.”

Well, they are putting more witnesses on than I thought they would.

In Session The witness is shown a copy of her report. “This is my investigative report, documenting my call with Kristin Anderson.” She continues to confirm the names of officers that she spoke with regarding this issue. “You spoke to each one of those individuals, and you couldn’t find anybody who spoke to Ms. Anderson that day?” “Correct.” That ends the direct examination.

In Session Connor begins his cross. The witness agrees that she did her investigation showing three phone calls from Kristin Anderson’s phone to the Illinois State Police. “And nobody could remember a call from five years before?” “Correct.” That’s the end of the cross-examinatoin.

In Session Lopez calls his next witness: Bridget Bertrand. She is a captain with the Illinois State Police. In 2009, she spoke to Kristin Anderson phone calls she claimed to have made to the Illinois State Police. “Ms. Anderson stated she had called the headquarters and stated she had some information into the investigation of the death of Kathleen Savio . . . I spoke to a number of police officers assigned to the building, and asked if anyone recalled speaking to Ms. Anderson. None of the officers I spoke to recalled speaking to Ms. Anderson.” “Were you able to speak to people on duty on March 10, 2004?” “Yes. I believe it was 17 people.” She names several of them. “What is a telecommunicator?” “It’s a dispatcher.” “Did you speak to three who were working on March 10, 2004?” “Yes.”

So 5 years later No dispatchers could remember talking to her..
wonder how many calls a dispatcher gets in a day.. I personally dont think this is damaging to Kristin andersons testimony.. donno mabe just me.. but 5 years is a long time after to ask someone about a convo..

In Session View As Web Page
The witness has been excused, and the jurors are gone for the day. Judge Burmila asks the defendant to stand, and informs him that he has a right to testify or not to testify. “At the end of your case, I’m going to ask you whether or not you’ll want to testify.” Peterson: “I understand, Sir.”

Where is the defense expert on rough sex that could have caused the bruises to KS? :waitasec:

Oh, that would eliminate the real reason how she got the bruises, which was her tremendous, mid-air slip. NM:waitasec:

BBM: I don't think they are going to call Drew Peterson to the stand for this testimony! :floorlaugh:

Judge Edward Burmila decides to recess at this point in Drew Peterson Murder trial. He instructs the attorneys to return to court at 8:45 CT/9:45 ET Wednesday morning – 15 minutes earlier than usual – to discuss a motion. The trial is in recess until that time.

In Session View As Web Page
The witness has been excused, and the jurors are gone for the day. Judge Burmila asks the defendant to stand, and informs him that he has a right to testify or not to testify. “At the end of your case, I’m going to ask you whether or not you’ll want to testify.” Peterson: “I understand, Sir.”

DP will never testify. He would be torn to shreds and found guilty on the spot.

well .. I dont think the DT did so great today either..

sure the ME's stated it was an accident.. but thos ME's seemed flakey to me.. ..
I could just be looking at it thru my *I know dp is guilty eyes* but they did seem flakey ...

the by chance thing is amazing he would keep saying that..

Here is MY summary of DiMaio:

DiMaio: Nothing unusual about placement of Savio's toes. "It's just pure chance how the toes are."..

DiMaio told jurors Savio's final position in the tub is not unusual, that it was just pure chance: “She’s too tall for the tub”...

Re: horizontal laceration on head, DiMaio says orientation is "pure chance." ..

“To a degree, it’s chance . . . the problem with the head is it’s a round surface with some flat areas .

Great job there Katydid! So, whoever is in charge of tweeting the PT, puuulease get to tweetin!!!

With all the by chance remarks, I kept thinking " What a Kerfluffle"...

And thank you all once again for making it possible to keep up with this case. Justice for Kathleen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth