Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how the jury can ignore the testimony about DP saying her wanted KP dead.. or the pastors testimony, or all the other testimony like that..

To me that would sure take my doubt away..

which reminds me.. I thought the DT was gonna try to dirty up everyone in their case in chief????? what happened to showing the pastor was lying etc.. lol.. they really didnt follow thru on anything..
so much of what they said was just "blah blah blah"

I mean really they talked about rough sex .. and all that came up was what position KP and Her BF used.. Im sorry but to me that does not translate to rough sex..
They claimed they were going to blow all the PT witnesses out of the water.. I dont belive they really did any real damage to the States case..

God bless him, he was 11 years old!! OMG, he's been having to be around those SLIMEBALL attorney's, who are just like his father!!! Coached much??!!

I'm just thankful Kathleen didn't hear her son on the stand today. I'd rather be murdered than hear my son testify for some sociopath who ended my life.

I'm just thankful Kathleen didn't hear her son on the stand today. I'd rather be murdered than hear my son testify for some sociopath who ended my life.

I know, right?! So sad. I love your new avatar.

I understand what you are saying but this young man has endured the loss of his parents being together, the loss of his mother and the loss of his stepmother. So much for any person to go through. But to admit to himself that his father is responsible may be just to much to admit, even to himself. I imagine so much pressure was put on him by dear old dad and the swarmy lawyers that he felt he had to testify. I am glad he is going into medicine and not LE...

Yup and all the "bombshells" when it was their turn, lol.

I hope the pro in closing can really give the jury a more clear understanding of why A connects with B and so on, because so far nothing really has put him at the scene. Common sense hopefully will prevail for Kathleen, and Stacy for that matter.

The Jury might have missed some stuff, while figuring out what to wear the next day, in all ;).

I wish Linda Drane-Burdick was giving the closing argument .

I've missed the last few days and only perused post...can someone tell me what color's the jury wore the past few days?

Does anyone know anything about the photo of KP in the bathtub? They were so adamant about everything being upright & in place. I'm wondering if there weren't many things that should have been out of place. Was there a washcloth, bar of soap, shave jell or razor around the tub? I don't know about ya'll, but I drag quite a few things out with me when I'm taking my bath. It doesn't matter if she was getting into the tub, or out, as the DT seem to want them to believe, but when would she have put all of that back in place? Or why wouldn't she have had them out before getting in the tub? May be this has been addressed. so please! if someone knows about this, address it again!!!!

The prosecution would have had a very thin case if the Defense had not helped them so much!

Why did Brodsky ask Harry Smith why Stacy didn't retain him as her divorce atty? I read the post about trying to trip him up but how and why ? If jb knew the info wasn't allowed in how is that any different from when the Pros asked the neighbor if he ever felt intimated ?

I think she would have forgiven him. That's what loving mothers do. Sorry. His testimony really got to me. :tears:

Judge Burmila says that Drs. Case and Blum will be able to testify about the subjects which prosecutor Glasgow has just outlined. Attorney Goldberg still has problems with the proposed testimony of Dr. Michael Baden. Judge to prosecution: “There’s nothing that would have prevented you from calling Dr. Baden in your case-in-chief. He has to rebut something . . . you’re not going to be able to just bring in Dr. Baden and start from scratch; you can’t just wait for rebuttal if it’s evidence you could have put on in your case-in-chief.”

All I'm hearing from Goldberg/Brodsky/Lopez is: waaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Why did Brodsky ask Harry Smith why Stacy didn't retain him as her divorce atty? I read the post about trying to trip him up but how and why ? If jb knew the info wasn't allowed in how is that any different from when the Pros asked the neighbor if he ever felt intimated ?

I do not understand this either They are throwing this case because they are letting in testimony against Drew. It is stupidity.

Wow! This jury is really trying to make this trial about them. Well, that said, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now. One can reasonably infer they are quite ticked off about the amount of times they have been told to leave the courtroom.

I'm sure they will tell us when the trial is over.

The one slimy defense attorney and his wife dress alike every day. My fear is the jury is doing the same to show the defense their support :(

I think the jourors should ask themselves one question along with looking at the evidence: Is it more likely than not that Drew Peterson murdered Kathleen Savio?

My answer would have to be yes. I would convict. Period.

Plus, I have heard jurors say after they have handed down a guilty verdict that they had wanted to hear the accused testify and tell his/her side. DP doesn't have the guts to do that.

MOO

He's a sociopath, I believe he more than has the guts, believes as he has along that he can convince anyone of his innocence, because I don't think he thinks he did anything wrong. But I dought that his attorney's want him on the stand.

They probably said from the beginning, we'll take the case but you can't take the stand :)

The one slimy defense attorney and his wife dress alike every day. My fear is the jury is doing the same to show the defense their support :(

I dont think the jurors dress code is showing alliance with the defense or Pros..I think some or all of them read Runaway Jury. They do seem united..hopefully it will be justice for Kathleen.

IMO, despite the prosecution rebounding late to put their overall case at average ( because of all of the blunders early on), DP is going to walk, IMO.

My biggest reasons for feeling that way is because of not being able to get a good read on this jury and I feel the judge has been brutal. The only read I have got on the jury is that they are very disrespectful of a murder victim.

How they found it appropriate to show up in sports jerseys yesterday is beyond words. You guys are at a MURDER TRIAL, not a fantasy football draft!!! I was only half surprised they did not come in with pitchers of beer and a grill to complete their look yesterday.

Then you have the judge joking with them about it. This is outrageous behavior to say the least. And even if the jury finds him guilty, their behavior has been pathetic.

The defense team, IMO, has hurt themselves with going after Schori and suggesting SP was trying to seduce him and that he knew it. Looking back on that, it had to make the jury look down at the defense team. I also feel Harry Smith really made a dent today in the states favor.

In the end, however, I saw CA and O.J. walk with much, much more evidence against them.

I will end it with this: If DP indeed does walk, the only thing that would take some of the sting away from the family of KS and SP would be for Drew to be walking down the steps, approaching the overflow media, putting his mug in the cameras and saying: "Did you miss me?"

As soon as he says that, the Will county sheriff walks behind him and places him under arrest for the murder of SP. You never know if more evidence has been uncovered and that it has been kept under wraps pending the outcome of this trial.

If anything else, they certainly could use this case as evidence against him, regardless if he was found NG because it would coincide with SP vanishing.

In other words, how lucky can one man be, ladies and gentleman of the next jury?

I'm not surprised. Most want the W5 answered and the How.

Who
What
Where
When
Why

How

If those questions are not answered, there is hole in the case. We shouldn't expect the jury to come up with the answers. :moo:

Yep, ~n/t~, you are 100% right here. Many of us have already agreed that the PT has got to tell the jurors how it could have happened. Not one of them was there when it happened, but this is what they do for a living. With help, possibly, from some seasoned investigators -- maybe a retired detective, they should be able to put together a good step by step scenario of how they think DP killed her; why he went in there in the first place; and why he was the logical person to have done it -- no one else had a motive.

A domestic crime such as this is almost always money, so the jury should buy the motive easily. DP stood to lose a lot when the property settlement was finalized; he was a police officer, so he had seen situations such as this throughout his professional career. Who could have planned a murder that could be disguised as an accident any better that a LEO? It all just makes sense, and it should to the jury. No spaceships or wizards or snake-charmers needed here.... Just greed and hate and opportunity, means, and motive. But the PT has got to lay it out for them.

In this instance, a crime makes so much more sense than an accident. Just plain old common sense. Think about it, jurors, does this scene look like an accidental fall -- does it really??

I'm feeling that the jury will find DP guilty. The PT put out a better case than what Scott Peterson had and he got the death penalty! Justice for Kathleen!

In Session The sidebar ends. “Even though there was this conflict of interest, she did ask you questions about divorce?” “Yes.” “Did she tell you she had information about Drew Peterson?” “Those were not her specific words, but she did tell me she had information about Drew Peterson . . .she said she had information regarding Kathleen Peterson she wanted to us.” “She wanted to use that as leverage in the divorce case?” Objection/Overruled. “She wanted to know if it, in my opinion, the fact that he’d killed Kathy could be used against him.” “In the divorce proceeding?” “Yes . . . she didn’t use the word ‘leverage,; but that certainly was the intimation.” The State objects, and the parties approach the bench for a sidebar.

What a mess!! :thud:

Yep, we've got a first-class fuster-cluck in the courtroom now, ladies & gentlemen.....
icon10.gif

IMO, Brodsky wanted to imply Stacy made the choice not to retain Harry Smith. As if..... and he knew he could do that because it was off limits to mention Stacy being disappeared within hours of that conversation with Harry Smith.

:snake: that he, Brodsky, is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member