Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang well that the DT is going to be bellowing OBJECTION!! every blooming step of the way. I hope that this is powerful and smooth.

"Parties are discussing what Rev. Schori can/cannot say in front of witnesses. Glasgow wants clarification."

{ I'll bet he does want clarification. This is another minefield for the state today. The DT is going to be looking hard for a mistrial from now on, imo. ]

judge upset with prosecution for allegedly misleading him on what Schori will testify to. Proceedings put on hold for moment.

[ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo]

what???
what is with this Judge?

I can't stand this Judge.

Burmila asking for transcript from pior motion argument on exactly what his ruling was. Court on break until then ...

Glasgow claims that “my hands are tied,” based on the judge’s prior rulings.

Brodsky and Glasgow continue to argue over the exact terminology that Schori will be able to say.

judge left bench, demanding transcript of pre-trial hearing so he can see exactly what prosecution told him. Stand by...

:rollercoaster:

Burmila: Did Schori say Stacy was told to lie to the police, or was it inferred that she should lie? #DrewPeterson

“We have a right to have this witness tell the gist of what he was told, the words ‘perfect crime’ were used . . [ who said this?]

#drewpeterson coached her for hours.” Judge: “We’ve revisited this on a number of occasions. The issue is what is legally admissible.

The judge continued to say: "Not what makes the State’s case better, or what makes the witness more believable. #drewpeterson

In Session Brodsky and Glasgow continue to argue over the exact terminology that Schori will be able to say. Glasgow claims that “my hands are tied,” based on the judge’s prior rulings. “We have a right to have this witness tell the gist of what he was told . . . the words ‘perfect crime’ were used . . . he [the defendant] coached her for hours.” Judge: “We’ve revisited this on a number of occasions . . . the issue is what is legally admissible, not what makes the State’s case better, or what makes the witness more believable . . . I was told that the testimony was going to be that she was told to lie. ‘This will be the perfect crime’ is covered by marital privilege. I didn’t make up marital privilege . . . now you’re telling me that’s not really what the statement was. I guess we have to backtrack: did Rev. Schori say that Stacy Peterson told him that she was told to lie to the police?” Glasgow: “Yes.” Judge: “You know what . . . get the transcript of the argument that was made by me on the State . . . Stop! I want the transcript before we go any further. I want to make sure we’re crystal clear here as to what I was told by the State. When you find that, we’ll reconvene.”

Glasgow: wants Schori to testify, but parts of his story are not admissible. #DrewPeterson -- The Herald-News Glad he is checking first!!

In Session An obviously annoyed Judge Burmila has left the bench. The trial is in recess until the transcript in question can be produced.

make the prosecution more tightly bound in a good way so as to not open themselves up for another mistrial.....hopefully they haven't angered this judge to the point where he is going to ban the testimony of Schori, because I believe that this is necessary to convict.....we suffered a real loss when Stacy's friend the Army Captain wasn't allowed to testify, if this one is blown too, then we
will lose......I believe that. This is VITALLY important.

In Session Judge Burmila has taken the bench. Glasgow announces that the first witness will indeed be Neil Schori, and wants clarification as to what he may or may not say. Attorney Brodsky notes that there are issues of marital and clerical privilege at play with Schori. Judge: “I don’t think we addressed the issue of ‘no one will ever know’ [which Drew allegedly told Stacy].” The judge once again overrules the defense’s marital privilege objection to this testimony.

Whew!! We got past that one.... Is this the same judge? Quick, somebody, check his nameplate!
icon6.gif

Whew!! We got past that one.... Is this the same judge? Quick, somebody, check his nameplate!
icon6.gif

NOPE. He changed his sunny attitude and blew up shortly after taking the bench. As of right now, he is brooding and steaming in his chambers...:mad:

Burmila: Did Schori say Stacy was told to lie to the police, or was it inferred that she should lie? #DrewPeterson

“We have a right to have this witness tell the gist of what he was told, the words ‘perfect crime’ were used . . [ who said this?]

#drewpeterson coached her for hours.” Judge: “We’ve revisited this on a number of occasions. The issue is what is legally admissible.

The judge continued to say: "Not what makes the State’s case better, or what makes the witness more believable. #drewpeterson

No he only wants what makes the DEFENSE case better! Azzhat!!!! FUMING!!!!

In Session Brodsky and Glasgow continue to argue over the exact terminology that Schori will be able to say. Glasgow claims that “my hands are tied,” based on the judge’s prior rulings. “We have a right to have this witness tell the gist of what he was told . . . the words ‘perfect crime’ were used . . . he [the defendant] coached her for hours.” Judge: “We’ve revisited this on a number of occasions . . . the issue is what is legally admissible, not what makes the State’s case better, or what makes the witness more believable . . . I was told that the testimony was going to be that she was told to lie. ‘This will be the perfect crime’ is covered by marital privilege. I didn’t make up marital privilege . . . now you’re telling me that’s not really what the statement was. I guess we have to backtrack: did Rev. Schori say that Stacy Peterson told him that she was told to lie to the police?” Glasgow: “Yes.” Judge: “You know what . . . get the transcript of the argument that was made by me on the State . . . Stop! I want the transcript before we go any further. I want to make sure we’re crystal clear here as to what I was told by the State. When you find that, we’ll reconvene.”

I don't understand why they wait until they get into court to refresh their memories on this stuff.
The judge knew this was coming up, the state knew this was coming up. Why didn't they review all this last night so they would be ready?

[/B]
I don't understand why they wait until they get into court to refresh their memories on this stuff.
The judge knew this was coming up, the state knew this was coming up. Why didn't they review all this last night so they would be ready?

exactly

Why does the judge have to leave the bench every time a problem or a piece of paper is needed? It just takes more time to have him running back and forth to his chambers. Maybe if he hung around the lawyers would get their act together quicker.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN

@TheRealJeffRuby: "I looked at him, he looked at me. He's getting away with murder and I'm the one getting kicked out." #DrewPeterson
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

3m The Herald-News The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN

@The RealJeffRuby just got kicked out of the courthouse after he stared down #DrewPeterson in the courtroom

Why does the judge have to leave the bench every time a problem or a piece of paper is needed? It just takes more time to have him running back and forth to his chambers. Maybe if he hung around the lawyers would get their act together quicker.

I can't figure him out.
I've never ever seen this in a trial before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07