Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got on site and am trying to catch up, just wanted to point something out.

See BBM above: Steve had to turn the bathroom light on? I guess Defense is going to say that she was taking a bath in the dark?

bumped for those catching up to read and did anyone tip this to pros team!

okay, so if the state put KP's time of death at 3a.m.....then WHY wasn't the bathroom light still on? Who takes a bath at 3a.m. in the dark?

Exactly. And that is why the judge was WRONG, imo.

The state is saying the MURDER took place at 3 am, but the murder was staged to make it look like it happened at breakfast time. Hence, he needed to save his receipts for breakfast time.

But the judge said to the state, ' where is your evidence of any staging?'

A couple of things. :waitasec:

Any bathroom that I have had, you need to have the light on to take a bath, day or night. I was just at a very posh hotel and you still had to have the lights on to take a bath.

In regards to the receipts: DP didn't have a clue that Stacy would wake up and see him in the laundry room that night! He kept the receipts for his alibi, now the judge wants to exclude it based on time of death and Stacy's statement. Unreal. This evidence should have been let in.

Also, I wonder what the jury thought about an old picture of Stacy being used in court. Older pics do look old! Wonder which one they used?? Can't get by that one.

JMO

Thank you, again, to all that have posted the proceedings. Some of us would never know if it were not for all of you! :blowkiss:

Anyone know how long defense thinks they need? How many witnesses? We can figure it the long way, say 1 per day, or .5 per day lol, depending on what they may be there for.

Exactly. And that is why the judge was WRONG, imo.

The state is saying the MURDER took place at 3 am, but the murder was staged to make it look like it happened at breakfast time. Hence, he needed to save his receipts for breakfast time.

But the judge said to the state, ' where is your evidence of any staging?'

I would say putting a cup of water in the microwave for tea, pouring a glass of juice and leaving the container on the counter with the cap off would not be what anyone would be doing if they planned to take a bath......shower maybe but bath, no. And you would put the cap back on the juice and put it in the refrigerator. I'd be afraid a nat or small flying bug would get into the juice and that is why the cap goes back on right away and back into the refrigerator. All Mom's know this. I don't pour the juice until I'm ready to drink it. It's not going to sit on a counter while I'm soaking in a tub. And tea has to come to a boil to taste right so I don't see it being heated and then just sitting there in the microwave until she returned. jmo

Any bathroom that I have had, you need to have the light on to take a bath, day or night. I was just at a very posh hotel and you still had to have the lights on to take a bath.

In regards to the receipts: DP didn't have a clue that Stacy would wake up and see him in the laundry room that night! He kept the receipts for his alibi, now the judge wants to exclude it based on time of death and Stacy's statement. Unreal. This evidence should have been let in.

Also, I wonder what the jury thought about an old picture of Stacy being used in court. Older pics do look old! Wonder which one they used?? Can't get by that one.

JMO

A receipt from Krispy Kreme he kept for three years in a special folder.....who does that????????? The fact that he kept them to me is an admission of guilt. Why would anyone ever feel the need to keep a receipt for Krispy Kreme?? jmo

Thank you, again, to all that have posted the proceedings. Some of us would never know if it were not for all of you! :blowkiss:

Anyone know how long defense thinks they need? How many witnesses? We can figure it the long way, say 1 per day, or .5 per day lol, depending on what they may be there for.

I think I read that they don't have very many. One thing we won't be wasting a lot of time with their objections. I don't know if the prosecution has the energy to do much objecting so it might go pretty quick.

A receipt from Krispy Kreme he kept for three years in a special folder.....who does that????????? The fact that he kept them to me is an admission of guilt. Why would anyone ever feel the need to keep a receipt for Krispy Kreme?? jmo

No one does that. It's not even tax deductible.

Only a man that wants some to think "hey, look. He's a nice 1950's kind of cop, even eats at the donut shop" would keep a danged coffee and donut receipt, for 3 years, in a file, never even creased or wrinkled.

I also think he planned on rookie day. He knew which day only rookies would be working and what hours.

Glasgow, outside the courthouse: "This has been a very, very productive week." #DrewPeterson=========================================

Sounds like they are buttoning it up. What about H. Smith, the divorce atty? It would be nice to get a little more testimony in, and not end with a whimper.

From the Chicago Tribune:

12:05 p.m. Gallery gasps at attorney question

Defense attorney Joseph Lopez asked why the Rev. Neil Schori had asked another man to accompany him to the meeting with Stacy Peterson.

Schori had testified earlier that the man sat about 10 feet away and was there as a precaution because he was meeting alone with a married woman

The ONLY thing I can gather from JL asking this question was he is trying to suggest SP was not trustworthy, thus making her comments to him not credible.

Why don't the DT just suggest a 3some that was Stacy's idea?

It all makes perfect sense that DP would stage the scene to make it look like this happened at breakfast time. To me, it proves that Stacy really did tell Schori what he testified to. That also makes the pristine receipts look like exactly what it was. His alibi folder in case he ever needed it. DP probably knew Kathleen's family would not take things at face value, IMO, and he could not be sure the coroner would rule accidental death.

I am with the State. DP probably did murder Kathleen just before 3am, Stacy did see what she told Schori she saw and wanted someone she could trust to know as well. This shows Stacy did have a conscience and it was bothering her. Plus, she knew DP could get rid of her in a heartbeat if she did not tow the line he had cast.

We know so much that the jury does not know but I still do not think DP will be acquitted. If not a guilty verdict, it will be a hung jury, IMO. That is in spite of what the defense does or does not show in their case.

Just speculation!

I would say putting a cup of water in the microwave for tea, pouring a glass of juice and leaving the container on the counter with the cap off would not be what anyone would be doing if they planned to take a bath......shower maybe but bath, no. And you would put the cap back on the juice and put it in the refrigerator. I'd be afraid a nat or small flying bug would get into the juice and that is why the cap goes back on right away and back into the refrigerator. All Mom's know this. I don't pour the juice until I'm ready to drink it. It's not going to sit on a counter while I'm soaking in a tub. And tea has to come to a boil to taste right so I don't see it being heated and then just sitting there in the microwave until she returned. jmo

Could mean she was interrupted by a blow to the back of her head just as she put the items on the counter.

When did DP serve in the Army?
What job was he in the Army?
I am curious about the statement, he killed his own men.........
Wonder about how many men were 'suicide' or friendly fire?
Anyone ever hear about DP serving in the Army?
or did he lie to SP just to scare her?

did SP ever state a time that DP was washing the clothes? IIRC it was middle of the night. So I think the morning scene was all staged and he killed KS right before the washing of the clothes.....
I think he got into her bedroom that night, picture off wall, caught her off guard.

what gets me.. is anything the PT tries to put in against DP.. the DT whines about how it makes drew look bad.. NO Prior bad acts etc..

But the DT has noooo problem trying to drag everyone else thru the mud.. including poor Kathleen and Stacey.. ..

BBM
I've always wondered how he could afford the current family bills, child support AND wining and dining a new young girlfriend on a cop salary.

IIRC, DP bought Stacy a car...also had a nice car himself...and let's not forget his 'ultra-light plane' which doesn't come cheap and also renting space for it at a local airport. Yeah....this guy was dirty in many ways.

JMO

This was the pic used in court today.

stacy-270.jpg

We're in a break. Presumption is prosecution is meeting with Schori to instruct what he can/cannot say.

I don't post much anymore, but have been following this case through everyone's IS & twitter posts (thanks to all who have done this!!). My husband had a good point - aren't the people (witnesses) supposed to "tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth" when they testify? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, in which case, how can the witnesses be told what they can and cannot say?! They're not ALLOWED to give the "WHOLE" truth - so, how can that be justice???!!!???

:banghead:

Glasgow, outside the courthouse: "This has been a very, very productive week." #DrewPeterson=========================================

Sounds like they are buttoning it up. What about H. Smith, the divorce atty? It would be nice to get a little more testimony in, and not end with a whimper.

Yep, I'm not feeling very warm and fuzzy about the State ending right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong