Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yeah. I'm sure the top of Schori's to-do list included run and ask DP about what Stacy had told him. Knowing Stacy was already afraid of the guy, that would be a REALLY smart move. She would've just disappeared sooner.

KaraOko: I am told the jurors looked "stone cold" during parts of Lopez's cross, on meeting at coffee shops and "embarrassing" people

Reporter inside the courtroom does not think jurors seem to be responding well to 'the sharks' cross on this witness

Lopez: While she was telling you this, was she crying in her latte at the same time?”

I wonder how this Lopez guy wins ANY cases.

And why is it this judge does not have those transcripts available to him so he can go right to them????? Judge Perry never seemed to have a problem doing that... jmo

Perry also had the lawyers meet with him before court started to discuss objections etc. so that court could start promptly and not waste the jurors court time. If this judge did that, and if these lawyers had their transcripts ready, they may be able to do away with Saturday court sessions which are very costly.

And yeah. I'm sure the top of Schori's to-do list included run and ask DP about what Stacy had told him. Knowing Stacy was already afraid of the guy, that would be a REALLY smart move. She would've just disappeared sooner.

He wouldn't have been allowed to do that without Stacy's approval.

What a jackass. The judge should have said something. I am sure that the prosecution didn't bother objecting because everyone knows he is being a jerk and it would just disrupt the flow. Good for them....Lopez is out of line

BBM
Seriously???? He's allowed to say Schori's methods embarrassed other people? Any proof of that?

In Session Lopez continues his cross-examination. The witness says there’s no way that he could know if anyone else at Starbucks overheard the conversation. He can’t recall how long into the conversation it was when Stacy brought up this issue. Stacy was already at Starbucks when he arrived. “When she first started speaking to you, she wasn’t talking about that subject?” “That is correct.” “Did she just make this statement inadvertently, or were you asking questions about the relationship?” “We talked about quite a few things before she told me.” “Did she swear you to secrecy?” “I told her I would do whatever she wanted me to do.” Once again, the witness says that he didn’t follow up with a phone call to Stacy the next day. “This conversation lasted about an hour and a half?” “Approximately.” ‘And you talked about other things as well, unrelated to what you told the jury?” “I’m not sure I would characterize it that way. But we talked about other things.”

In Session Schori says he met Stacy in public “for reasons of integrity.” He justifies not telling anyone about what she told him because “I believed that I should do what she wanted me to do.” “She said, ‘I live with a murderer’?” “Yes.” “And you let her go back there? You didn’t stop her?” “It’s not my job to stop people.” “You told the jury that Stacy told you she lived with a murderer?” “Those were not her words, but yes.” “So it was your understanding that Stacy lived with someone who committed a murder?” “Right.” “Of a wife?” “Right.” “And you let her go right back there?” “I didn’t stop her.” “Because you didn’t believe her!” “Not true.” bbm

In Session The witness is confronted with his hearsay hearing testimony. “Would you like to see a transcript, to refresh your memory?” “No, thank you . . . if it’s in the transcript, I said it.”

Schori back on the stand

Schori: “That’s right.” Lopez: “Why didn’t’ you meet at the church, in a private setting, to discuss private issues?

Schori: “I didn’t believe it had to be done the way you suggest . . . she was not embarrassed.”

Lopez: “You don’t even know if she was telling the truth

Schori: “I believe she was telling the truth.” #

Lopez: “Did you keep a log of when you met her?” Schori: “No, I did not.

Lopez: "Did you at any time think that you should tell somebody?" Schori: "I believe that I should do exactly what she asked me to do?"

Schori "it's for reasons of integrity" [mtng in public], Lopez asks if he's had reasons to be untrustworthy "absolutely not"

Lopez: You didn't stop (Stacy) from going back to Drew after she told you she was living with a murderer?

Schori: I didn't stop her. Lopez: You didn't stop her because you didn't believe her. Schori: Not true.

“After she made this statement, you didn’t offer any further counseling to her?” #drewpeterson
in 8 minutes from HootSuite
InSession: “Did you speak to somebody in August?” “No.” “September?” “No.” “You didn’t speak to anybody until October?” “Correct.

In Session “After receiving this powerful information that she lived with a murderer, you did nothing to stop her?” “I did not stop her from going home.” “You didn’t reach out to the Savio family, did you?” “I did not.” “You didn’t send them an anonymous letter with this information?” “I did not.” “You don’t know what day Kathy was pronounced dead, do you?” “I do not.” “And you weren’t present when Stacy was interviewed by the police?” “That’s correct.” “You don’t know what she told the police, right?’ “That’s correct.”

Lopez: "She also told you that Drew told her that he killed his own men when he was in the Army?” Schori: “That is correct.”

Lopez: This was outside, on the patio?” “Right . . . there were people outside.” “It was a fairly busy Starbucks?” “Yes.”

Schori says he did not initially report what Stacy told him because she wanted him to keep it between them

If her life were at risk he would have been obligated to do or say something, but Stacy didn't say that she feared that he was going to kill her.
I think that Stacy went home and told Drew about the conversation and then Drew figured that Stacy was too great of a risk of a risk for him to keep around and that is when he killed her.

yep, I'm just saying he couldn't have run to anyone, since it was a councling session and I'm sure there are privacy laws.

Lopez is done.

Glasgow now questioning. Schori says he was aware that DP was a police officer.

With that question, the judge asks that the jurors be removed from the courtroom.

[ I AM NOT SURE WHICH QUESTION TRIGGERED THE REMOVAL???]

If her life were at risk he would have been obligated to do or say something, but Stacy didn't say that she feared that he was going to kill her.
I think that Stacy went home and told Drew about the conversation and then Drew figured that Stacy was too great of a liability/risk and that is when he killed her.

I'm thinking the same thing.

In Session Schori says he met Stacy in public “for reasons of integrity.” He justifies not telling anyone about what she told him because “I believed that I should do what she wanted me to do.” “She said, ‘I live with a murderer’?” “Yes.” “And you let her go back there? You didn’t stop her?” “It’s not my job to stop people.” “You told the jury that Stacy told you she lived with a murderer?” “Those were not her words, but yes.” “So it was your understanding that Stacy lived with someone who committed a murder?” “Right.” “Of a wife?” “Right.” “And you let her go right back there?” “I didn’t stop her.” “Because you didn’t believe her!” “Not true.” bbm

Does this azzhat not realize that he just told the jury the most important thing...ever...himself? He is so busy trying to trip up the pastor, he doesn't even realize what he has said here.

OKAY WS friends........I am feeling good about that testimony. Very good.
How about you?

Lopez is done.

Glasgow now questioning. Schori says he was aware that DP was a police officer.

With that question, the judge asks that the jurors be removed from the courtroom.

[ I AM NOT SURE WHICH QUESTION TRIGGERED THE REMOVAL???]

Insert circus music HERE! Seriously WTH is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member