Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial Killers are often driven by unfulfilled sexual fantasies that cannot be obtained without the sexual domination and death of another person at their hands. The underlying sexual domination becomes part of their ritual.

Yes -- a la Ted Bundy, for example. He started by looking at *advertiser censored*, then peeping in windows, then rape which is certainly a form of possession/domimation, then followed rape with murder which is the ultimate form of ownership/domination and control.

And there are so many more -- but no reason to start up that path; most of us know who they are.

DP does indeed like to be the one in control -- the one who calls the shots.

I agree Drew cannot hurt anyone in LE. Oh sure he can posture and bluff, but have real power? No way. First, no one would take him seriously. He's a lying liar who lies. He's a multiple murderer. Everyone knows this. He has no leverage. No cop wants to have his name and reputation tied to DP going forward. I mean for what? How many of his former cop buddies visit him in jail? (I bet none).

I think it's an emo fantasy that Drew holds anything more than a lot of hot air and methane gas in his bowels. The best he's got is his passive/aggressive pranks. He's all hat and no cattle. If you are married to DP then yes, your life is in danger. Otherwise? meh. Yes, he hopes people will fall for his big bad games but he is a nobody/nothing and the police departments of Bollingbrook and everywhere else will see him as the cowardly bully outcast he is, IMO.

:cheers:
Post of the Day, Mad74 --:applause:-- 1,000 more words would not express it better than you have! Take a bow:takeabow:, and have a glass!:toastred:

:cheers:
Post of the Day, Mad74 --:applause:-- 1,000 more words would not express it better than you have! Take a bow:takeabow:, and have a glass!:toastred:

Totally concur!! Pip pip, madeline! (Not British, just watched the olympics)

Anyone think that the jury caught the fact that when the locksmith testified he said the deadbolt was not locked????? It's easy to lock a door on your way out but unless you have a key you can't lock the deadbolt from the outside or inside before you leave by that door. Anyone who would put a deadbolt lock on their bedroom door would not leave their front door locked but not deadbolted while they are in the house alone and have had threats in the past. Even the locksmith thought it was strange. jmo

Anyone who lives in fear of someone uses every precaution available. So Kathleen is upstairs in her house, without the deadbolt locked, and preparing to take a relaxing bath in the tub? It doesn't make sense. She would be the most vulnerable in that tub, and she would make sure her home was secure, just as she would before going to bed at night.

MOO

Anyone who lives in fear of someone uses every precaution available. So Kathleen is upstairs in her house, without the deadbolt locked, and preparing to take a relaxing bath in the tub? It doesn't make sense. She would be the most vulnerable in that tub, and she would make sure her home was secure, just as she would before going to bed at night.

MOO

And why would she be without clothes upstairs when she had a cup of hot water for tea in the microwave and a glass of juice on the counter in the kitchen???? Let's hope the jury can put this all together. jmo

OMG, waaaaay back when this case was fresh I was absolutely convinced Drew had somehow had Stacey cremated. My way of thinking then was that he couldn't have made a bonfire and burned her up (but...might get noticed/ caught with a fire) then I googled and found out it takes a very high temp for a body to be cremated and reduced to ashes. It COULD be done as a bonfire but it would have to be an intensely hot fire, would take hours and hours, etc. I even went so far as to call a funeral director I knew and asked what the chances were that a cop could talk someone into cremating a body in their crematorium, say if he had info on a funeral director he could use against him and blackmailed him into burning Stacey's body "off the books", so to speak. He said its highly regulated and not likely but not impossible.
So its still niggling there in the back of my mind, if he had a 'professional' cremate her to get rid of her body.

Who knows? I am pretty sure DP will NEVER tell what he did with Stacey's body, even if he gets 60 years for killing Kathleen.

All JMO
There was a case in California just recently where a woman who owned a laboratory disposed of her husband in a barrel of acid. Point being, instead of cremation, couldn't this substance be used especially if the "blue barrel" was involved? Depending how long the remains were in the barrel, there would be little to nothing left.

:(

MOO

And why would she be without clothes upstairs when she had a cup of hot water for tea in the microwave and a glass of juice on the counter in the kitchen???? Let's hope the jury can put this all together. jmo

Exactly. The scenario doesn't make sense with what most people would normally do. In the morning, one usually takes a shower while the coffee and orange juice may even be brought upstairs while they're getting dressed. I cannot envision her pouring the juice and preparing the tea only to go soak in a bathtub.

MOO

OMG, waaaaay back when this case was fresh I was absolutely convinced Drew had somehow had Stacey cremated. My way of thinking then was that he couldn't have made a bonfire and burned her up (but...might get noticed/ caught with a fire) then I googled and found out it takes a very high temp for a body to be cremated and reduced to ashes. It COULD be done as a bonfire but it would have to be an intensely hot fire, would take hours and hours, etc. I even went so far as to call a funeral director I knew and asked what the chances were that a cop could talk someone into cremating a body in their crematorium, say if he had info on a funeral director he could use against him and blackmailed him into burning Stacey's body "off the books", so to speak. He said its highly regulated and not likely but not impossible.
So its still niggling there in the back of my mind, if he had a 'professional' cremate her to get rid of her body.

Who knows? I am pretty sure DP will NEVER tell what he did with Stacey's body, even if he gets 60 years for killing Kathleen.

All JMO

Has anyone seen the episode of Breaking Bad, where they put a guy in a 'barrel' and then added acid? I'm just sayin'....

Has anyone seen the episode of Breaking Bad, where they put a guy in a 'barrel' and then added acid? I'm just sayin'....

Just posted regarding an actual case where that occurred.

Hello to all you wonderful :websleuther: sleuths! I just finished reading many of your helpful links from the last few days & it seems I only THOUGHT I knew alot about this creep! How could everyone who knew him keep turning their heads the other way, beginning with his young mistress' dead brother? Then to send his second x-wife home early only to have her brakes fail?! I pray she will be called to testify as couldn't that be part of his past deeds/character, especially since she also testified about his abuse? Onto what I find an overwhelming piece of information: STACY hired Kathleen's divorce attorney to represent her as well??? Wow! I believe she did that in order to, hopefully, protect her from Drew, since he had apparently confessed to her what he had done to Kathleen. I think she hoped he would assume she would tell Harry Smith the truth & that would keep her safe, sadly we know that plan failed miserably. Seems I recall something being said by his (big mouthed) defense team last week tho that they were going to do their best to keep Mr Smith off the stand, am I wrong I hope?! Hmmm, might have been the pastor? It sure seems like the prosecution is having to fight tooth & nail to get anything out!:banghead::banghead: One more indulgence if you will, is the cousin (I had thought it was a 1/2 brother) going to be able to testify about the blue barrel he helped Drew move if the defense finally crosses the line into SP? I'm praying that happens, as long as it's THEIR doing!! Ok, once again I thank you for giving me a place to air my troubled thoughts, as well for sharing yours & all the updates!

The scene upstairs does make sense if you are Drew and you are unaware there is OJ and tea in the kitchen, effectively "time stamping" Kathleen's movements (IMO). Nobody saw this "wine glass" but Drew. Furthermore, she had no alcohol in her body at the time of death. Or drugs. Drew messed up.
He staged the bathroom when he was supposed to be running all over the house after they 'found' Kathleen, with a laundry basket, gathering things for his boys. IMO. He put the blue towel there. He was trying to set a scene. He was betting everyone would believe whatever story he floated out there. He took Kathleen's clothes home with him and stuffed them in the washer.
The habits of Kathleen, well known to her sister, her BF and her boyfriend, were lost on narcissistic Drew, too concerned with his own wants and needs, I am sure, during his marriage to ever notice Kathleen's habits of putting her hair up before a bath, removing her jewelry, bath mats and such.
I hope the jury is listening. Kathleen is speaking to them in the details.
And, Stacey is backing her up.

JMO

There was a case in California just recently where a woman who owned a laboratory disposed of her husband in a barrel of acid. Point being, instead of cremation, couldn't this substance be used especially if the "blue barrel" was involved? Depending how long the remains were in the barrel, there would be little to nothing left.

MOO

Sorry panthera...made my post before I saw yours about the acid in a barrel...but hey....great minds think alike and all that!

Sorry panthera...made my post before I saw your's about the acid in a barrel...but hey....great minds think alike and all that!

It is quite alright. That case just came to mind when reading posts speculating how he could have disposed of Stacy. Coupled with the "blue barrel" it seems to fit in.

However, sadly, we may never know.

MOO

What did Drew's step brother or cousin, or whoever Morphey is, say they did w/ the blue barrel after they loaded it into the truck?

The clothes DP took home and washed - I heard one of the DT saying it made no sense for him to do that. It does to me - if he disposed of the bloody clothes, (1) they could be found and/or (2) they could be missed. By taking them home and washing them, he could return them to Kathleen's closet. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to throw them on the bathroom floor like she just stepped out of them. They would'nt have been in a 'worn' condition, but probably no one would've thought to check that. They certainly didn't check much else at the scene.

The defense team obviously forgot to make sure Drew got his very own handbook. As we get ready for week #3 of the trial, I have a feeling this will be a runaway bestseller! ;)

drewpdummie1.jpg

The defense team obviously forgot to make sure Drew got his very own handbook. As we get ready for week #3 of the trial, I have a feeling this will be a runaway bestseller! ;)

drewpdummie1.jpg

LOL. Wonder if it comes in Kindle edition?

And wasn't the policeman that came over to Kathleen's house when she was found dead in the waterless tub a rookie, a newbie?
Don't think for a minute that DP didn't know who was on duty that night. He planned every aspect of her murder imo.

Respectfully snipped. DP could not have planned it down to who was on duty other than within the BB PD. He could not have predicted which outside agency BB PD would have chosen to investigate. I asked my step dad, retired LE in IL but not in Will County (not in BB and not with the ISP) specifically about protocal and why the ISP, not Will County was called in to investigate Kathleens death. He told me there is no protocal as to which outside agency investigates. Whomever requested the Illinois State Police come in, could have requested any outside agency.

I suppose it could be assumed that DP knew Bolingbrook would contact the Illinois State police as the outside agency, but I don't know that to be fact. ISP patrols the toll and freeways and both I-55 and I-355 border Bolingbrook. Bolingbrook LE could have more of a working relationship/more interaction with the ISP than they did/do Will County Sheriff's office, but that is a guess on my part due to the toll roads near BB.

I'm so disgusted with ISP's initial handling of this investigation, I can't help but wonder 'what if' - if it was the Will County Sheriff's office rather than ISP was called.

and I am still going to be looking for a statement from someone in charge with the ISP with regards to the half arsed backward investigation when this trial is over. that's another topic though.....

Upthread a few people asked about Stacy, maps and where she might be found.

Respectfully, so we don't get too far off topic here in this forum/thread,
Here is Stacy's forum:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133"]Stacy Peterson - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

For LaLaw2000: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181721"]Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member