Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is a new interview as it just posted.

DurangoHerald ‏@DurangoHerald 11s We're going to have a live interview on http://www.durangoherald.com with La Plata County Sheriff's Office in 15-20 minutes about

There would be no reason that Dylan, a 13 yr old, would have been up in those remote woods by himself that morning. He was last seen at his Dad's home, waiting for a ride to his friends house. He wanted to go see his good friends, not go hiking alone by himself in the cold remote mountains, imo.

Actually, if you know anything about this area, you would know that for people of all ages, hiking is one of the main activities in the area during a unseasonable warm spell (it was shorts and t shirt weather over here when Dylan disappeared). If Dylan was indeed stuck in the area for an entire morning, with no ride until the afternoon, going for a hike would be the perfect activity to pass time in Vallicito. It is just what people do around here.

Thoughts are with Mark during this painful time. Since LE overtly stated that they have no reason to suspect you, that you've been fully cooperative, that you've just lost your son evidently to a monster, and that according to LE you're a bona fide victim like Elaine and everyone else, my prayers are with you.

Well, they didn't actually call him a victim, bona fide or otherwise.
Regardless, I pray for Mark as well, just as I have all along. Everyone needs prayers. No matter what.

If the prayers were only saved for the innocent, they wouldn't be as necessary, would they?

It's been almost an hour since the news conference and I can't stop crying. I wanted so badly for Dylan to be alive and being hidden somewhere.

:rose:RIP darling Dylan.:rose: You captured our hearts and we love you. If love could have saved you, you'd still be here.

I'm so sorry for the pain his family is going through right now.

Oh Seajay, you're one of the first who came to my mind. I've always worried about how this news would affect you. (and yes, I've suspected for quite a while that this would be the news we'd get.)

*hugs and prayers to you as well* (and to everyone else who has come to know and love Dylan, even if we were just on the sidelines, praying and hoping.)

I wonder where the funeral would be held as he grew up in Bayfield but his new home was CS.

Oh I'm so sorry and heartbroken. No no no no oh no. Prayers are with the family.

I don't even know how to go about this. I feel like I have lost a brother. Is it even normal for a case to affect you so badly?

I was distraught when Jennifer Renz was found. I think all of us have cases that hit us harder than others.

I haven't been in Dylan's forum for a while, just saw the headline. I'm so relieved he's been found and his family can get him home. I'm so sorry for all of them in this.

Is this near the area that MR said was stupid to search?

Yes I believe it is packerdog. However, it is my understanding that the Sheriff's spokesperson has stated that both parents are cooperating and there are no suspects at this time. I'll try and find a link for you to confirm this.

I think that is the only positive about Dylan found is the family can get closure and they are not left wondering in 20 years time if he is still out there .

Well, they didn't actually call him a victim, bona fide or otherwise.
Regardless, I pray for Mark as well, just as I have all along. Everyone needs prayers. No matter what.

If the prayers were only saved for the innocent, they wouldn't be as necessary, would they?

"We have no reason to suspect family in this crime."

+

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this time"

=

Bona fide victim.

Actually, if you know anything about this area, you would know that for people of all ages, hiking is one of the main activities in the area during a unseasonable warm spell (it was shorts and t shirt weather over here when Dylan disappeared). If Dylan was indeed stuck in the area for an entire morning, with no ride until the afternoon, going for a hike would be the perfect activity to pass time in Vallicito. It is just what people do around here.

is hiking alone something that Dylan typically did? I don't recall seeing anything about hiking being a past time he enjoyed

I don't even know how to go about this. I feel like I have lost a brother. Is it even normal for a case to affect you so badly?

I understand. I looked daily at Dylan's thread, he affected me too. I'm cold and hot, sick to my stomach. I can't even imagine how his family is dealing with this. He was so handsome and his crooked little grin knocked me out. I'm utterly heartbroken for his family. Oh Dylan, what happened to you? My imagination is running wild with thoughts of him laying there injured, with nobody coming to help him.

Human remains identified as missing Dylan Redwine

Colorado investigators announced Thursday that human remains found during a search were identified as missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.

A variety of items, including bones, were collected during a five-day search of Middle Mountain Road conducted by the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. Middle Mountain is located north and within sight of Vallecito Lake.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3081791.shtml?cat=504

I am blank. Why did I feel this kid was invincible? And he would defy the odds?

Special thanks to all of you who have stuck around all these months. The spats have
been because we all felt so connected and hopeful for this young man . I hope we can
all stick together and follow this through to a trial of some kind.

Dylan Redwine remains found near Vallecito, sheriff says

SNIPPED.................................

Middle Mountain Road is north and within sight of Vallecito Lake. The search area ranged from 8,000 to 11,000 feet altitude amid deep canyons and dense forest, the sheriff's department said in a news release.

Middle Mountain Road parallels the road that Mark Redwine lives on, and both roads take off from the north end of Vallecito Lake. The road Redwine lives on has houses, businesses and RV parks on it. Middle Mountain Road runs through rugged backcountry without any development.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_23553664/dylan-redwine-remains-found-middle-mountain-colorado

Heartbreaking. This was one of my first WS cases I followed, until one day someone accused me of being responsible for his disappearance because I suggested LE release details of what was in Dylan's backpack so that, in the event his items were scattered and no longer in the backpack, people might still be able to identify them as being his and then know to search nearby.

I'm glad they eventually did release the info, apparently, and that it did end up being useful. I think they said this is how they actually knew to search the area more closely and ended up finding his remains.

My heart goes out to azgrandma and all of Dylan's friends, family members, and loved ones.

I'm so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Elaine and her family. So heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member