Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this as a serious suggestion (not trying to be flippant/snarky). Maybe someone paid attention to Tricia's interview with MR. He only mentioned searching by himself in two locations -- the area around the lake and the place Dylan's remains were actually found.

Well, as I recall, police did take his truck(s) then returned. Hopefully they stuck a tracking device somewhere on that truck.
To see as to exactly where was he going.

I'm getting confused now .... did he say searching there was stupid and that Dylan was not there BUT then also admitted that he searched there himself???

:banghead::banghead:

His searches were in the lake area and on a mountain side near his house, where Dylan's remains were actually found.

Paraphrasing from memory, MR seemed to say that a particular location that he was asked to search with Brandon, handing out fliers, was stupid. It's not completely clear where that location was. It seems like it was basically in the same direction that the remains were actually found (one of the locations he said he was searching), but further away and much further to drive. One reason he seemed to be claiming that it was stupid is that there were not many houses in that location (so presumably, there weren't many people who might have seen anything). Aside from the flat area north of the reservoir, there don't seem to be many houses anywhere.

I think they had some clue or clues that led them to that area of Middle Mountain. With the acres and acres of wilderness, with all the mountains around there... they just happened to organize this massive search and go right to that spot on that mountain? Talk about lucking into your proverbial needle in a haystack..

I would be very, very surprised if they just happened to luck upon the spot where a few items and scattered remains happened to be. JMO, but I think they had a pretty good idea they were going to find something there.

I am not surprised "if" Mark did do he has not been arrested :cow:

They have just got a ton of new evidence and they will be having that all tested and then waiting on the results . So I think they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's at this moment .

:cow:

ETA- this is coming from the person who until Dylan was found did not think LE had a clue . But after seeing this play out I now think they have been on the ball from the get go !

I think all they were waiting for was to find Dylan, I think an arrest will come soon!

I think Mark's "I'm gonna go talk to them on..." means "I have been asked in for questioning on...."

Did LE show Dylan's mother pictures of the bones?
Did they tell her exactly what was found?
Did they tell her one of Dylan's bones was found in a piece of coyote ****?
Did they bring her up the mountain?

I think Mark's "I'm gonna go talk to them on..." means "I have been asked in for questioning on...."

Did LE show Dylan's mother pictures of the bones?
Did they tell her exactly what was found?
Did they tell her one of Dylan's bones was found in a piece of coyote ****?
Did they bring her up the mountain?

LE talked to ER and MR the same day (probably about the same time) about the findings. I haven't run across anything about what was said in the meeting with ER. In particular, ER was not giving interviews that day. ER's family subsequently released a written statement on Friday expressing their sadness, thanking people for their efforts, and turning to hopes for justice.

(see http://www.9news.com/news/article/342601/188/Dylan-Redwines-family-speaks-out ).

If you watch the video at that link, you can hear the phone interview with MR.

(from the video)

@2:24

Interviewer: "I spoke with Mark Redwine by phone this afternoon, shortly after Sheriff's investigators told him his son's remains had been found."

@2:56

MR: "It's sad because, you know the animals got to him and there's very little of his remains left, and that's what bothers me."

So, here's what bothered RW shortly after being told that any hope for a safe return of his son was in vain: the condition of the remains.

Why does Mark keep talking?

a) He has nothing to hide

b) He has heard the criticism of him not being very active in the search, so is trying to avoid that happening now that Dylan has been found

c) He is trying to cover up for something he has done

d) He is stupid

e) He thinks he is keeping Dylan's story in the news

f) He likes digging holes

Take your pick!!

Many mountain streams and drainage ditches are fed by above ground springs and serve a dual purpose for rainfall runoff. Many of these streams and ditches provide runoff year round regardless of precipitation or temperature..

I realize this, which is why I used words like "not necessarily" and "likely" etc. It is not definite that remains could have been carried into the lake, just because they were in a drainage. That was my only point.

b) He has heard the criticism of him not being very active in the search, so is trying to avoid that happening now that Dylan has been found

d) He is stupid

Take your pick!!

g] He is a narcissist and cannot help himself.

d) He is stupid

Take your pick!!

Just one?! If you changed "nothing" to "something" in a), we'd have a vowel and could play a word game with the "correct answers."

d) He is stupid

Take your pick!!

g) He has a pattern of recreating reality that has worked for him all his life and that has never come under the type of scrutiny he is currently experiencing.

Also, from reading D's texts to his friend R, it sounds like Dylan AVOIDED complaining about his father. He texted R that he wasn't coming over that night, but he never said " "Cant come tonight-my dad's a jerk." R had to ask him if his dad said no, and he confirmed, but just said he didnt know why, when R asked for the reason.

So that makes me think he might have painted a rosier picture of the relationship to his friends, just to make things simple. JMO

Exactly. I am sure Dylan didn't and wouldn't tell his friends a lot of things about his dad out of embarrassment. For example, he probably wouldn't tell them about his dad having sex with another women in his yard and being drunk and taking a swing at him.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/342996/339/Elaine-Redwine-Whoever-killed-my-son-is-a-monster

Elaine Redwine: Whoever killed my son is a monster

A new effort is being spearheaded by Dylan's mother and supporters called "Justice for Dylan". They're working with law enforcement to track down his killer.

That little article is just very moving to me. She is so clear and focused and so strong. She immediately gets a Justice for Dylan group going. It's amazing--the power of her love for her son to fuel her for the fight ahead. I'm just really moved by the strength in her continued mothering of her son. Prayers for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa