Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Mark, investigators "removed sections of carpet and wood flooring," plus "a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone," and "dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase," the station revealed.
http://www.westword.com/news/dylan-...-mark-redwine-being-stalked-by-haters-5831678

(MOO - I wonder if the firepoker was tested and if it might possibly be a smoking gun & if it might have MRs fingerprints & Dylan's DNA? Then what if the blunt force trauma x2 on the skull can be proven/theorized by experts to have been caused by the poker? We'll have to wait and see!)

The fireplace poker may very well be the murder weapon...I hope they do have the murder weapon. Fingerprints and DNA on the murder weapon would be fantastic.

Can anyone name a case where someone was apprehended in another state he had not committed the crime in but aided by that states LE to arrest the suspect and then that state not grant extradition when the suspect was fighting it???? TIA

I have never heard of a state refusing to extradite to another state, you normally hear about issues with other countries. Within the United States there is federal laws about extradition. I think fighting extradition to another state is done as a delay tactic. I found this, which I found interesting:

There are only four possible grounds for refusing to extradite a person[v]:

• The extradition documents are not in order;
  • The person is not charged with a crime in the requesting state;
  • The person is not the person named in the extradition documents;
  • The person is not a fugitive.

https://extradition.uslegal.com/

I

There are only four possible grounds for refusing to extradite a person[v]:

• The extradition documents are not in order;
  • The person is not charged with a crime in the requesting state;
  • The person is not the person named in the extradition documents;
  • The person is not a fugitive.

https://extradition.uslegal.com/

Looks like he has a cell in Colorado in the near future....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

MR said he was leaving the house at 6:30am to be somewhere for 7:30am.

DR asked Ryan if he (DR) could come to his (Ryan's) house at 6:30am.

The texts read as desperate to get out of the house at the earliest possible moment. But, it coincides with the time MR was scheduled to leave the house. Why so desperate to leave at that time when MR would be leaving that early and be gone for hours?

Why was his backpack not unpacked? It disappeared with him and everything he owned on that trip was in it and he was still in the clothes he wore the day before.

I can only imagine the child's utter disgust, shame and humiliation at the sight of those photos. How torn he must have been. His father was a weirdo creep. That would be hard to wrap one's head around for an adult. He was just a kid. And he was being forced to hang out with this guy - by law. Or, his mom gets a contempt charge and another custody battle.

Nice. It all falls on the shoulders of a child.

Hopefully, as a condition of his bond, he will have to find alternative employment. If someone puts up the million dollars in cash, I cannot imagine the court allowing him to galavant around the country, anymore.

The only person(s) I could imagine posting his bond would be some fellow poop eaters .....

Them texts messages between Dylan and Ryan his friend always make me feel so sad. You can see how desperate Dylan is to get away from Mark as quickly as possible. This is a child that's only just arrived in town and yet all he wants to do is escape.

It's so sad and depressing knowing how sad Dylan was just before he died.

It always breaks my heart as well ...knowing what we now know , even more so .

I have never thought the photos had anything to do with this. Elaine stated she never brought up the photos before the judge. The timeline was very compressed from the discovery of the photos and Dylan's November visit. Mark had a history of doing a lot of "weird sh@t" for shock value. That was Mark.

I've always felt it was about Mark losing shared physical custody, even though he hardly ever saw Dylan for years. The change in physical custody would make Mark have to pay a few bucks a month, instead of receiving cs from Elane. Mark put off filling out the financial affidavits. I'm guessing, but, I think they were overdue by November. No way would Mark allow any of "his" money go to Elaine.

What is missing is Dylan's Sep 21, 2012 in-chambers discussion with Judge Dickinson. Hopefully, this will come out in the trial. It is very rare to have a child chat alone with a judge.

If Dylan stated he didn't want to go, and then added something about the photos, then Colorado absolutely must reassess its policies. If 13 year old Dylan was adamant he DID NOT WANT TO GO, and added his Dad engaged in coprophagia, then the judge should've immediately appointed a guardian ad litem and supervised visitation in the interim.

This tragic case is a watershed on so many levels. Colorado needs to reassess its parental time policies with the age/wishes of the child, as well as its missing-child investigation protocol.

I had a neighbour whose estranged husband accused her of all kinds of things (non provable) and he got temporary custody of their three year old. She was allowed two four hour custody visits, twice a week, but they had to be supervised. She rang me from the court, crying and asked me to be the supervisor. I really did not want to get involved but I couldn't say no. The husband approved of that, but thought that he had some power over me.
He would send me texts wanting to see the papers that I had signed,so that I fully understood the gravity of my 'position. I hadn't signed any papers or had any contact with the family court. I would imagine it was because he agreed to my supervision.

He did try to asset his control over me. He was forty and I was a 65 year old grandmother. He accused his wife of alcohol abuse and three days into his temporary custody, he was picked up for DUI with the little boy in the car.

Jmo judges have a difficult decision in these cases, as too many spouses invent or exagerate issues or traits or the other. It depends on what Dylan actually said, Imo. Just saying he hated going to stay with Mr would not be enough. The reasons would have to be compelling and potentially harmful. Of course we all know what happened now...but what the judge knew is a question, Imo.

ETA, unless we do know and I missed that.

I would hope that the Court would rely on Dylan's desires about where he wanted to go, and not rule on what MR does in his bedroom. I'm not in favor of regulating people's sex lives. No matter how I personally don't like it.

I have never thought the photos had anything to do with this. Elaine stated she never brought up the photos before the judge. The timeline was very compressed from the discovery of the photos and Dylan's November visit. Mark had a history of doing a lot of "weird sh@t" for shock value. That was Mark.

I've always felt it was about Mark losing shared physical custody, even though he hardly ever saw Dylan for years. The change in physical custody would make Mark have to pay a few bucks a month, instead of receiving cs from Elane. Mark put off filling out the financial affidavits. I'm guessing, but, I think they were overdue by November. No way would Mark allow any of "his" money go to Elaine.

What is missing is Dylan's Sep 21, 2012 in-chambers discussion with Judge Dickinson. Hopefully, this will come out in the trial. It is very rare to have a child chat alone with a judge.

If Dylan stated he didn't want to go, and then added something about the photos, then Colorado absolutely must reassess its policies. If 13 year old Dylan was adamant he DID NOT WANT TO GO, and added his Dad engaged in coprophagia, then the judge should've immediately appointed a guardian ad litem and supervised visitation in the interim.

This tragic case is a watershed on so many levels. Colorado needs to reassess its parental time policies with the age/wishes of the child, as well as its missing-child investigation protocol.

I think it was about control more than money. He had lost control of EH, and the straw that broke the camel's back with Corey and Dylan was the pictures. MR already knew he had lost control of Corey, they had had their confrontation. If Dylan brought up the photos then MR knew he had lost control of all of them. I think he is a control freak...he had stated before that he would kill the boys before letting EH have them. I think he meant that. I think murdering Dylan was already in his mind and when the photos came up MR just lost his mind.

I want to add I think all states need to change visitation, if there is any indication of serious issues then they need to take the side of the child and at least order supervised visitation. Supervised visitation will prove if a parent is interested in a relationship with a child or just control of the child or the ex spouse. Those that want control or to hurt the other parent stop showing up for supervised visitation. I have seen that happen.

It seems to me based on Dylan's texts he was probably not asleep when attacked and I think forensic anthropologists know the difference in a cutting tool and a bear tooth. That's my own opinion. I don't recall when dogs were brought in but from what I have learned here on WS dogs can hit on something from a long time ago. Iirc dogs hit on the lake near MR home and that could have possibly been ashes or something but these dogs are pretty amazing. Moo

Agreed.

So Dylan was last seen on the sofa at his bio father's house, I refuse to call him a dad, and then disappears while biofather is on errands. Just from the little bit I am discovering I wonder if he was asleep when Mark launched his attack perhaps smothering him and then finally having to take more drastic measures to kill him. How sad.

I cannot find where the dogs come in. I would like to know how long it was before they used those dogs, anyone know? If it was months later I fear he will get off for all kinds of reasons a defense attorney can cook up. Thank you for any help bringing me up to date.

I can see it now, the defense will say any and all marks on the body were caused by animals especially bears so how do you tell the difference between a knife mark and a bear tooth?

There was blood all over MR's house. Dylan's blood. The cumulation of evidence in this case is what is powerful. And as others have said, anthropologists well know the difference between animal teeth marks and cutting tool marks.

The evidence in this case is overwhelming IMO.

It was stated by someone here that EH was to pick up Dylan so that's why the one way ticket.

Oh! Ok. So that makes the second degree murder charges even more sensible, don't ya'll think?

Initially giving him the benefit of the doubt, I wondered if it was some kind of trashy halloween costume and the poo was pudding or something?

Except I think he posted those to fetish sites.

Oh wow ok so it was Dylan's half brother and not MR's? For some reason I thought I read that MR told his own half brother. This concerns me a bit because of history with MR and his first ex wife. If Brandon is MRs kid with first ex wife I'm afraid it will be tainted because of stuff said by MRs first ex wife. Oh calamity.

I hope you're right. I thought it much more credible when I thought it was MR's half brother but now learning it's MR's son I just fear it will be ruled as inadmissible. But as Gitana said if Brandon only spoke of this to LE and then testifies maybe it will be fine.

I don't think this is a calamity and as long as he testifies to it- it comes in. I think the defense will try every trick possible but won't get very far. If Brandon is as forthright and firm as Cory, the jury will find him quite credible.

"An extradition request should hit Gov. John Hickenlooper’s desk Wednesday morning, he said. Once approved, it would fall into the hands of the Washington governor. Redwine has the right to fight his extradition."

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/2...er-la-plata-county-sheriff-district-attorney/

Isn't it weird when people fight extradition without cause? How does delay help him? Is he just being an a hole trying to make things as difficult as possible?

Isn't it weird when people fight extradition without cause? How does delay help him? Is he just being an a hole trying to make things as difficult as possible?

[snipped by me]
The only reason I can see is that he can claim that criterion #4 applies to him (He will contend that he is not a fugitive from the law). At the time he was arrested, maybe he wasn't. But, let him out on bail, then he would be -- either that or he would "off" himself, if someone didn't beat him to it!

[/B]
[snipped by me]
The only reason I can see is that he can claim that criterion #4 applies to him (He will contend that he is not a fugitive from the law). At the time he was arrested, maybe he wasn't. But, let him out on bail, then he would be -- either that or he would "off" himself, if someone didn't beat him to it!

It won't work. Being a fugitive just means you were present in one state when you committed a crime and now you're not.

"They can have a homicide all they want to, but if they feel like I've had any involvement with it then why am I standing on my front porch having this conversation with you?"

Mark Redwine's cocksure quip to news crew after Dylan's body was found in June 2013 at 0:26.

[video=youtube;dom-OQVQhTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dom-OQVQhTk[/video]

And why does it take upwards of 30 days to proceed with extraditing MR from Washington State to Colorado? The governor of CO has already sent an extradition request to the governor of WA.

The Chief Executive tweets. Why can't the Judicial Branch use the APP to expedite the extradition process?

Oh, I know why. -- He will most likely opt to represent himself because we all know that he is smarter than anyone. That could take some time while he bones up on the Rules of Criminal Procedure (or whatever). As he'll tell us: "Well, excuse me! But this is my first murder case!" Better to keep him behind bars where he has easy access to a law library.

Seriously, though. I wonder who will step up to the plate to represent him?

"They can have a homicide all they want to, but if they feel like I've had any involvement with it then why am I standing on my front porch having this conversation with you?"

Mark Redwine's cocksure quip to news crew after Dylan's body was found in June 2013 at 0:26.

[video=youtube;dom-OQVQhTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dom-OQVQhTk[/video]

Thanks for that. Interesting how he assumed they would think he had involvement in it once they deemed it a homicide.

He is a repulsive and horrible person. Angry, perverted, arrogant, unconcerned regarding his child, gleeful regarding Elaine's pain, dishonest and smug. It is beyond me how anyone could ever look at the tortured eyes of Dylan's mom, then look at the hateful eyes of that creep and take his side or criticize her. Incredible.

And why does it take upwards of 30 days to proceed with extraditing MR from Washington State to Colorado? The governor of CO has already sent an extradition request to the governor of WA.

The Chief Executive tweets. Why can't the Judicial Branch use the APP to expedite the extradition process?

Oh, I know why. -- He will most likely opt to represent himself because we all know that he is smarter than anyone. That could take some time while he bones up on the Rules of Criminal Procedure (or whatever). As he'll tell us: "Well, excuse me! But this is my first murder case!" Better to keep him behind bars where he has easy access to a law library.

I think there will be a few shameless defense attorneys who would love the publicity of a case like his.

I thought the same thing about Casey Anthony until Jose Baez showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle