Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

In my experience, there's rarely an innocent explanation when you have a hoax like that. The psychic thing does make me comfortable with the explanation here, so I'm satisfied it doesn't factor in.
I agree.
I don't believe the barman had anything to do with it.

Barefoot man, allegedly, not so much.

Thanks for that picture. I was wondering what the setup looked like and that makes it clearer. It seems to me a very reasonable explanation for DR's boots to have been taken off could be if he removed them himself out of courtesy when entering someone's home/camper. Then perhaps things went wrong after he was inside. JMO.

I have believed from the beginning that it would be someone close, that knows the ins and outs of the farm - this could be any of the three questioned by the police.

After talking to grandma, Dylan was leaving at 6:45am to the 5 mile location to put the seed under cover. He would have to pass (very closely) the squatter in the camper to put the truck in the overhang. There is no way that he wouldn't have seen and heard Dylan that morning. This squatter was arrested on weapons charge recently was located right where the grain truck and discarded boots were. In my opinion, he just has to know something or... everything! He also, according to the arrest warrant posted earlier, he is a felon with a history of violence. I'm all for felons making a better life but in my opinion, it is not so in this case.

I think Dylan has been placed in a location that could possibly need 4W Low to get to. Mountain? Around the Wash? I haven't looked to see how far the wash goes and I realize it's been searched already. I think we'll know some details soon.

In the attached shot, you can see two campers, one of which was being squatted in after someone vacated it previously (according to the arrest warrant/affidavit posted earlier).

7/1/22

[..]

Meanwhile, the family of Dylan have issued a cease and desist order against James Terry, the private investigator hired by Dylan’s grandparents.

[..] see letter at link

Dylan’s mother said the letter was sent to two different emails associated with him but was not delivered because the address was not valid. In response, James Terry told ABC4 that he had not been served. He said he moves around the country and doesn’t have a valid email address.

“If you can’t find me, you can’t serve me,” Terry told ABC4.

BBM, is he an idiot? That's the exact reason TO have a valid email address.

BBM, is he an idiot? That's the exact reason TO have a valid email address.

In one of the YouTube channels he joined in to discuss this, when speaking about this he actually [in my opinion] inadvertently said “this email” once, which I think proved both that he does have a valid email AND that he received it via the email address on the letter.

He also claimed the address they used was from when he started his PI business “10 years ago” and he used an address for his parents’ business that is no longer accurate [because it was from 10 years ago]. As I’m sure many WSers know how to do, searching those public records show that not only did he register that business with that address but that he did it in 2018….a far cry [again IMOO] from the whole “10 years” spiel he was dishing out. I’ve followed his work on various cases, and this is the second case he’s been fired by the family from….what he did in the tragic case of Jed Hall & making his parents believe there was hope he was still alive [done intentionally or otherwise] was beyond sad to me. I think he’s very good at fast-talking and throwing so many bits of information out there that it is hard to pick up almost any inconsistencies….and when it’s hard to do that, anything that rings even remotely true can lend itself into this facade of credibility. Obviously I don’t know how true intentions for wanting to help on this case but I’ve thought how loud and how forcefully he’s spoken about this c&d letter - including joining a YouTube channel pretending to be a representative of himself with a very vulgar name - had spoken volumes about true motives but JMOO

In one of the YouTube channels he joined in to discuss this, when speaking about this he actually [in my opinion] inadvertently said “this email” once, which I think proved both that he does have a valid email AND that he received it via the email address on the letter.

He also claimed the address they used was from when he started his PI business “10 years ago” and he used an address for his parents’ business that is no longer accurate [because it was from 10 years ago]. As I’m sure many WSers know how to do, searching those public records show that not only did he register that business with that address but that he did it in 2018….a far cry [again IMOO] from the whole “10 years” spiel he was dishing out. I’ve followed his work on various cases, and this is the second case he’s been fired by the family from….what he did in the tragic case of Jed Hall & making his parents believe there was hope he was still alive [done intentionally or otherwise] was beyond sad to me. I think he’s very good at fast-talking and throwing so many bits of information out there that it is hard to pick up almost any inconsistencies….and when it’s hard to do that, anything that rings even remotely true can lend itself into this facade of credibility. Obviously I don’t know how true intentions for wanting to help on this case but I’ve thought how loud and how forcefully he’s spoken about this c&d letter - including joining a YouTube channel pretending to be a representative of himself with a very vulgar name - had spoken volumes about true motives but JMOO
Unprofessional in many ways. I wonder if he’s under any type of investigation.

^^bbm

The primary responsibility of a registered agent (statutory agent) service is to receive and manage legal documents on your business's behalf.

This dude is such a tool. Because he failed to complete the requirements for licensure in Florida as a PI, he's adopted this tired line that he only operates in the 5 states that don't require PI's to be licensed (again so he does not have to take the PI exam, retain credentials, and adhere to a code of ethics that would require him to drop his vulgar tone).

And every legitimate business owner understands that a professional state license is not the equivalent of or substitute for your respective state/city business license. If the PI failed to hire a registered agent service in Florida 10 years ago when he started his business, then it's long been his responsibility to take care of updating/changing his published Florida business address if he no longer resides or does business there. (A Registered Agent Service costs about $100/yr to accept/forward mail, etc). There's really no excuse for this.

Also, the YT show where PI pretended to be representative of himself went dark within 4 hours of the time it was live-streamed. I think the error message that popped up said something like content removed or private. MOO

^^bbm
Also, the YT show where PI pretended to be representative of himself went dark within 4 hours of the time it was live-streamed. I think the error message that popped up said something like content removed or private. MOO
I actually went back to look now and it appears not only did they make those videos Publix (again, I think from what you said); they also have had him on again almost every day since. The most recent videos are entitled something similar to “PI disproves….” I’m changing the exact wording both because the channel isn’t a source here and I really don’t want to be sending them more views to monetize their channel. But he’s really going full-force on this revenge tour all for a “case he’s no longer working on” but also “couldn’t be fired from when you’re paid in full”.

Im still a bit surprised at the volume of positive comments for the PI I am seeing elsewhere on social media. If one goal was to convince others that CC fired him (when he says she didn’t even hire him…) because he was bringing up facts she wanted to remain hidden well that is certainly working. I have seen many comments mentioning things like “why doesn’t she want help?” and “any good parent wouldn’t turn down his services”….which are just surprising to me.

You’re spot on, I think, about the whole licensing thing. I couldn’t agree more.

Unprofessional in many ways. I wonder if he’s under any type of investigation.

After referencing a couple of resources for states where PI's have reciprocity agreements with other states, I don't know how the PI wouldn't be under investigation!

IMO, I think it unethical to contract with a local family to provide missing person investigative services for a family member that was reported missing to local (Utah) law enforcement, yet try to convince yourself and others that your legitimate services originated in your own home state (whether it be Florida, Mississippi, or ??) as some sort of a grey zone when in fact, searching for Dylan means operating and covering ground in Utah.

It seems very clear to me that Utah does not have any PI reciprocity agreements with other states, and if you want to perform investigative or search services for profit for an individual lost in Utah, you best get licensed in Utah.

However, from the Administrative Code for Utah for PI's, I don't see this guy meeting the qualifications...

What is it they say?
Your internet /social media history will outlive you! MOO :eek:

R722-330. Licensing of Private Investigators.

R722-330-1. Purpose.
The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures for the
licensing of private investigator agencies, registrants, and
apprentices.

R722-330-2. Authority.
This rule is authorized by Subsections 53-9-103(2)(c) and
53-9-103(6).

R722-330-3. Definitions.
(1) Terms used in this rule are defined in Section
53-9-102.
(2) In addition:
(a) "act involving moral turpitude" means conduct which:
(i) is done knowingly contrary to justice, honesty, or good
morals;

Attachments

• R722-330 PI Licensure.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
After referencing a couple of resources for states where PI's have reciprocity agreements with other states, I don't know how the PI wouldn't be under investigation!

IMO, I think it unethical to contract with a local family to provide missing person investigative services for a family member that was reported missing to local (Utah) law enforcement, yet try to convince yourself and others that your legitimate services originated in your own home state (whether it be Florida, Mississippi, or ??) as some sort of a grey zone when in fact, searching for Dylan means operating and covering ground in Utah.

It seems very clear to me that Utah does not have any PI reciprocity agreements with other states, and if you want to perform investigative or search services for profit for an individual lost in Utah, you best get licensed in Utah.

However, from the Administrative Code for Utah for PI's, I don't see this guy meeting the qualifications...

What is it they say?
Your internet /social media history will outlive you! MOO :eek:

R722-330. Licensing of Private Investigators.

R722-330-1. Purpose.
The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures for the
licensing of private investigator agencies, registrants, and
apprentices.

R722-330-2. Authority.
This rule is authorized by Subsections 53-9-103(2)(c) and
53-9-103(6).

R722-330-3. Definitions.
(1) Terms used in this rule are defined in Section
53-9-102.
(2) In addition:
(a) "act involving moral turpitude" means conduct which:
(i) is done knowingly contrary to justice, honesty, or good
morals;

Thank you for your comments and research.

I really appreciate member's that have been here as long or longer than me. Their input is invaluable IMO you learn things here.
I wish for info for the family and to bring some sort of justice for Dylan because we all know his life was way more worth the stupid offense someone else thinks it was. I love his spirit to farm this land. His determination to farm the land.

And every legitimate business owner understands that a professional state license is not the equivalent of or substitute for your respective state/city business license. If the PI failed to hire a registered agent service in Florida 10 years ago when he started his business, then it's long been his responsibility to take care of updating/changing his published Florida business address if he no longer resides or does business there. (A Registered Agent Service costs about $100/yr to accept/forward mail, etc). There's really no excuse for this.

Not to mention that depending on the type of business formation, not having a registered agent/registered office is in violation of several subparts of Florida Statutes 2021 - Title XXXVI and may carry financial penalties.

Speaking in general terms, if it’s a profession that requires or encourages an internship, I would never hire someone who skipped doing that internship. That tells me the person is sloppy, reckless, and willing to cut vital corners for their own personal benefit.

It's so quiet. I hope that is because things are moving fast behind the scenes.
Trying to be patient knowing that two individuals with a connection to DR are behind bars where I hope they are talking and offering something that leads to the recovery of DR. :( Sending strength and hope to his parents today.

“As a family, we are not asking for, or requesting any additional public searches for Dylan Rounds at this time,” said the statement released through the Elko County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday. “We request that everyone allow law enforcement to continue their organized investigation without any hindrance or interference, in order to avoid jeopardizing the investigation.”

The ECSO is not the primary investigating agency in the case, because the last known contact with Rounds took place in Utah’s Box Elder County. However, Rounds had visited Montello in Elko County two days before his disappearance and the Elko sheriff’s office stated “We have open communications with his family and are still diligently assisting Utah authorities with this case.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back